Kentucky Derby 2013 (Jockeys)

QueenZFan20QueenZFan20 Member
Since there is a Kentucky Derby thread discussing the horses i thought i would make one to discusss the jockeys . This could include jockeys who have or haven't committed to a horse or horse/jockey combos that you would personally like to see.

Comments

• I saw on facebook that WinStar is looking for a jockey for Revolutionary for the Derby. They are letting fans pick. Choices are, Rosie Napravnik, Mike Smith, Julien Laparoux, Calvin Borel, and Rafael Bejarano. I wonder what happened to Castellano riding him?
  • I thought Bejarano is to ride Overanalyze.
  • I thought Bejarano is to ride Overanalyze.
    I thought so too but i don't think there's been an official commitment from him yet?
  • The only two horsea i know of that have there for sure riders for the derby are Verrazano (Johnny V) and Orb (Rosario)
  • Ah, that explains it. Thanks.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Vyjack has g Gomez...announced last week
  • Who has Palace Malice? I hope Rosie
  • Castellano will ride Normandy Invason
    Who has Palace Malice? I hope Rosie
    I guess nobody yet....Gomez on him yesterday ..I think
  • Verrazano has Johnny V; Normandy Invasion has Castellano; Orb has J Rosario; it's pretty safe to say that Rafael Bejerano has Overanalyze; Goldencents with Kevin Krigger; Itsmyluckyday with E Trujillo; Will Take Charge with Jon Court; I believe G Gomez is on Vyjack... That leaves top horses Palace Malice, Revolutionary, Java's War, Frac Daddy, Uncaptured, and Lines of Battle without secure jockeys and several top riders remaining ;) it'll be interesting to watch how it all folds out. and let's not forget this coming wknd there are two "wild card" races carrying 20 points each so the field is not set in stone yet...
  • Verrazano has Johnny V; Normandy Invasion has Castellano; Orb has J Rosario; it's pretty safe to say that Rafael Bejerano has Overanalyze; Goldencents with Kevin Krigger; Itsmyluckyday with E Trujillo; Will Take Charge with Jon Court; I believe G Gomez is on Vyjack... That leaves top horses Palace Malice, Revolutionary, Java's War, Frac Daddy, Uncaptured, and Lines of Battle without secure jockeys and several top riders remaining ;) it'll be interesting to watch how it all folds out. and let's not forget this coming wknd there are two "wild card" races carrying 20 points each so the field is not set in stone yet...
    I am pretty sure if Rosie doesn't get top votes to ride Revolutionary she will stick with Palace Malice.
    Mikey will ride Palice Malice....article up on bloodhorse
  • Can you post the link please?
    Would love to but its the electronically challenged thing...cant get twitter figured out either
  • i will find it then no worry
    Its gone....checked bloodhorse and drf sites....the article has just disappeared ....really weird
  • Its gone....checked bloodhorse and drf sites....the article has just disappeared ....really weird
    I noticed maybe Smith has second thoughts?
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited April 2013
    http://www.drf.com/news/kentucky-derby-mike-smith-will-ride-palace-malice and in that article it says that Garett Gomez is committed to ride Vyjack in the derby.
    Or maybe it got posted before it was verified ....and they took it down pending confirmation...now I am unsure if it was bloodhorse...thinking more probably drf
    Good going Rachel....that's it!
  • it seems that with War Academy off the trail possibly, Mike Smith has switched over to Palace Malice. says he was in need of a mount after War Academy has been eased
  • Mike Smith will have the mount on Palace Malice for the Derby. http://www.paulickreport.com/news/tr...e-in-ky-derby/
    war academy has no points....no way he can get there....the cut off is at 20 already..