Black Caviar Retired

MiyukiiMiyukii Member
edited April 2013 in Thoroughbred Breeding
Black Caviar has retired with 25 successive wins!
There are reports she'll be bred soon?
Does anyone know!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Considering the amount of trustworthy sources stating it's true..... I guess she is! Yay! May she live a happy, healthy broodmare career.
  • They are saying Frankel has been ruled out as a mate. I would like to see her go to Lonhro, I think he will still shuttle this year, but not sure.
  • Did they give a reason why Frankel was not being considered? Was it because of the travel distance or because of their pedigree/lineage?
  • Very glad to hear she is retired! I'm sure she will have some beautiful foals. We will sit in suspense to find out who she will bred to. We all wish her well. :)
  • Did they give a reason why Frankel was not being considered? Was it because of the travel distance or because of their pedigree/lineage?
    Not sure, but I'll wait for the official word. Someone just posted Frankel was being ruled out and we know how rumors fly in the cyber world. :o)

• Black Caviar Retires Unbeaten After 25 Wins

By Myra Lewyn

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/77577/black-caviar-retires-unbeaten-after-25-wins#ixzz2Qj0MqQoN
  • Fabulous mare and spectacular career. I am glad they decided to retire her healthy and sound. Like Zenyatta, even though she could keep going, her owners decided alive and healthy is much better than having something catastrophic happening to her to try to run once more.
  • kurtkurt Member
    how nice might an animal kingdom-black caviar foal be?...any thoughts from the peeps that run the true nicks programs?
  • KetaKeta Member
    See Discussion "The Future of Black Caviar" for more info & Photos
    Keta
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    would love to nick Nelly with Animal Kingdom....Americain...Lonhro...and a few others just to see....she is in southern hemisphere so breeding will not start for months yet...
    I wonder who else is going there for last half of year...Bernie?
    They may simply want to send her to a proven stallion first. One consideration may be that Frankel's Southern Hemisphere fee will be payable at 45 days gestation, not upon birth of a healthy foal. That is more of a risk with a maiden mare than with a proven producer, especially with Frankel's high stud fee. Frankel will be standing for years to come, so there is plenty of time if they want to send her to him.
  • Thank you for your clarification! Didn't realize the Southern Hemisphere fee terms. Hopefully in the future BC WILL eventually be bred to him.
  • I think they should build on her speed.... As breeding her to a distance horse will probably produce a foal that is too stamina to be a sprinter.... But can't go long either. Which is why I suggest Trinniberg as an American choice..... But as for a first? Redoute's Choice for me.
  • This news is bittersweet. But she can't run forever, and better to see her retired healthy and sound. I will miss watching her run though.
  • edited April 2013
    Re-experience the journey

Black Caviar All 25 Wins (With Commentary)

Note: I promised myself that when she retired, I would watch a video of ALL of her wins.
  • I would love to see her go to an american stud like Bernardini. Uncle Mo also throws some nice babies.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Bernie and Mo both go to Australia
  • Bernie and Mo both go to Australia
    I know i also think Big brown would be a good match? Does he shuttle there?
  • I think he might
  • Black Caviar, to me, is best sprinter ever, one of greatest racehorses in Australia. There's no other sprinter in the modern century that could rival her. None. And I do think she would've excelled at a mile too.

Her popularity with fans and media (with the exception of Zenny), was by far the most influential racehorse in the last few decades. She had over 30k Twitter followers, was the darling of Vogue magazine and frontlined newspapers all over Australia. I do think she's a national treasure and imo far more prominent in saving the sport than Frankel.

Her retirement is bittersweet to me because I'll miss staying up for her races and her presence in the racing world. We'll miss you, Queen of the Turf.
  • Bittersweet is right! We may never see her like again. I'm so glad she retired sound. As we all went forward with her racing, I worried that she would get hurt. Can breathe now!
  • edited May 2013
    I would love to see her go to an american stud like Bernardini. Uncle Mo also throws some nice babies.
    The article posted by AmandaF mentions More Than Ready as a possible first date. He stands at Vinery and shuttles to Australia.

Big Brown and Congrats also stand at Vinery Australia.
  • I'd prefer to stick to sprinters.