COZMIC ONE AKA (Z12)

ninjabarbninjabarb Member
edited April 2013 in Cozmic One
Cozmic One (Z12) is now going into his training to prepare for a race horse. With the proper pre- training and the right trainer (hope John) at the track I think we will see a champion. I hope we will be updated on his progress during training.

Comments

• I hope so too after all he is the Colt Of Z!
  • At this time Coz is learning how to stand for the farrier, vet and being groomed. He may even be led on and off vans and in and out of other stalls. No ones climbing on board! He just turned one! It won't be until this fall that anyone gets on his back.

Even so I'd surprised if we saw him coming up for a race before Nov 2015. HE's BABY! We know Z and Ebby didn't start until late Nov of their third year.

I believe the Moss's are more like--if the horse is ready great, if not no big deal (meaning the TC races).
  • Coz, I love his name and glad they love him and put such thought into it. Love that Coz!
  • I hate the birth DATE is for a horse Zen 12 was born 3/8/12 BUT January 1st is given to aLL HORSES for birth date. SO WE HAVE 1/13 HE IS 1 AND 1/1/14 HE IS TWO
    So many horse's break down because they are not ready to run but pushed by trainer/owner. If he is like Zenyatta I too, go for 2015 before he starts. Be interesting to see how he is trained.
  • Yea, when he's 2 he's really only going to be 1 yr old still
  • So technically all race horses, unless they were born in early January are actually a yr old when they start running
  • So technically all race horses, unless they were born in early January are actually a yr old when they start running
    Not necessarily. Most of them start training before they hit 2 calendar years, but the 2-year-old races don't get going in earnest until summer. Tracks that have 2-year-old races earlier in the year, such as Churchill Downs, may require that the horse be 2 calendar years old before it can race.
  • I think, at least it's always been my understanding, that for as long as horses have been bred, trained, and raced, ALL thoroughbreds turn 1 on January 1st. Seems weird, but there you have it. Except Lauraj-cincinnati may be right - Churchill may require that the runner be 2 calendar years before it can race.
  • Yes, all TB turn 1 on Jan 1st. If by chance a mare foals in Dec. The baby could only be a few days old and "technically" be 1 year old. However, most of these if they are born in Dec they will report the birth as being on Jan 1st so to avoid that.
  • Ann and Jerry are very much hands on with training and making sure the horse is properly cared for. Every hors is different Some are ready to run at 2 some 3 As I said before some owner/trainers push too soon and may horse's are ruined The down side of racing
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    how would they do count the age when the southern hemi runners come up here...their birthday is july 1st...isn't it? south American runners come here occasionally
  • I don't know the full details, but I think horses from the Southern Hemisphere typically get a weight break when they race in the Northern Hemisphere because they are generally younger though technically the same age.
  • I don't know the full details, but I think horses from the Southern Hemisphere typically get a weight break when they race in the Northern Hemisphere because they are generally younger though technically the same age.
    Yes, as I recall.... Horses in the southern hemisphere have official birthdays of August 1st?
  • cigarcigar Member
    I am sure the Mosses will do what is best for Coz. I am not worried.
    RR12....thanks for the info....August 1st it is....do not know why I thought it was july...oh well....back to the infirmities of old age...
  • Does anyone know IF Coz has left LE's for Florida?? He looks good, well he should with the Breeding to Bernardina (another favorite of mine)
    He is still at LE...someone mentioned he might leave for school in the fall....and Florida is speculation on our part...because that is where Z went to school
  • ZgrZgr Member
    Hi....sorry I'm confused.....isn't 12Z Brand New Day??? Did they rename him? And has Zenyatta's new colt gotten a name yet?
    Z12 was just named....Cozmic One....we have all called him by a variety of names...but this one is official ...Z13 will probably not be named til next year at the earliest ..the Mosses seem to like to get to know their horses and their personalitys before naming them
  • About the 2YO races...I think they shouldn't even start racing until 3. Anyway, the 2YO races all seem to be fairly short in length; not even close to a mile. At least some sanity prevailed.
  • Some horses are fit and ready to run at two Some are NOT but they do not have a choice That is when GOOD/BAD training comes in PLUH PUSHIE OWNERS!!!!!!!!
  • Z12 was just named....Cozmic One....we have all called him by a variety of names...but this one is official ...Z13 will probably not be named til next year at the earliest ..the Mosses seem to like to get to know their horses and their personalitys before naming them
    Was there an offical announcement of Z12's name if so can someone please post a link to it. Thanks
  • Go to the news section of this website, the post titled Z12 :)
  • Hi....sorry I'm confused.....isn't 12Z Brand New Day??? Did they rename him? And has Zenyatta's new colt gotten a name yet?
    No. 12Z was never named anything other than Cozmic One. And no, 13Z doesn't have a name yet, and probably won't for some time.
  • I love the name!!!!