Zenyatta has a FULL BROTHER

Comments

• How long are they going to keep breeding Vertigineux? Has she been bred every year? Doesn't she deserve a break? How old does she have to get and how many more foals before she gets to just be a horse and retire to a nice place?
    She IS getting "to just be a horse." Female horses are designed to be mother horses.

Most of the ones I've seen in pictures relish the job and truly love their foals. I admit I haven't seen any foals and their mamas in the flesh, so to speak, since they replaced the two local horse-breeding ranches with hundreds of ticky-tacky Mediterranean houses.

As long as there are good homes for the foals to go to, I see nothing wrong in breeding the best mares to keep the quality level up. It's not like breeding for litters of puppies and kittens when there aren't enough good homes for them all.

As someone noted in an earlier post on this topic, mama horses don't have to "raise" their younguns for 18 years amid all the dangers and temptations young humans are surrounded by. Mares are not saddled with (ooo excuse the pun) such worries.
  • I happen to love puns, VA-in-CA. I liked yours....:))))) and totally agree with what you said.
  • I agree too. Great points!
  • How long are they going to keep breeding Vertigineux? Has she been bred every year? Doesn't she deserve a break? How old does she have to get and how many more foals before she gets to just be a horse and retire to a nice place?
    Those of us with experience in breeding have said over and over on is forum that mares are happier when in foal and with their babies. They were designed to foal every year, and if their bodies need a rest, nature takes care of that as well. V looks none the worse for wear, and in fact looks very healthy. She is in a beautiful facility and gets the best of care.
  • Any pictures of the colt yet? I haven't seen anything on Facebook, etc.
  • Coolmore America Ashford Stud owns the colt, so I am guessing since no photos have been published yet, that perhaps they are cutting a deal with HRTV to show videos. Just a guess.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited April 2013
    i cant wait til we get pics
  • V is such a remarkable broodmare, we are, indeed, fortunate to have these outstanding offspring. She will leave a huge impact on TB racing. Love you, Big Girl. Can you imagine that V did not bring her reserve at first because of her gigantic size? Girl Power!!!+++
  • V is such a remarkable broodmare, we are, indeed, fortunate to have these outstanding offspring. She will leave a huge impact on TB racing. Love you, Big Girl. Can you imagine that V did not bring her reserve at first because of her gigantic size? Girl Power!!!+++
    But just think if she did bring her reserve then we would have never gotten Z, E, or little Z jr.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Hey guys! Pic of Zenyatta full brother, he looks just like momma V and also Cozmic One! It's amazing!

https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/37057_513178358745222_1524967362_n.jpg?dl=1
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    look at his ears....he is a carbon copy of Queen Mum V
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    He does look like V, and a lot like Coz as well! I love it when the little babies pretend like they are grazing.
  • I wonder if they will breed V back again this year or not? If they do I think she should be sent to Tapit!
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    I have it....its V and MiniV
  • I have it....its V and MiniV
    I call him Z jr. hahahaha
  • msnap12msnap12 Member
    Yay, a picture! Adorable :D Good luck with life and wherever it takes you, my little Zenagain! <3
  • Does anyone know if Coolmore has made any decisions about wether to keep or sell him? I assume they will wait and see as he grows?
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    I wonder if they will breed V back again this year or not? If they do I think she should be sent to Tapit!
    I agree!

• msnap12msnap12 Member
    I wonder if they will breed V back again this year or not? If they do I think she should be sent to Tapit!

I agree!

If that were to be, the resulting foal would be a 3/4 sibling to Blazen, right?
  • I wonder if they will breed V back again this year or not? If they do I think she should be sent to Tapit!

I agree!

If that were to be, the resulting foal would be a 3/4 sibling to Blazen, right?
    Yes not to mention have a chance to be bold in looks!
  • Looking at the pic of Z jr it got me thinking what color is he? I know both his dam and sire are dark bay but he looks like he might be light bay? Could that just be the light from the sun?
  • RachelRachel Member
    ive noticed that when Vertingineux has a bay foal they tend to be that color
    Looking at the pic of Z jr it got me thinking what color is he? I know both his dam and sire are dark bay but he looks like he might be light bay? Could that just be the light from the sun?
  • RachelRachel Member
    her Henrythenavigator foal was the same color
  • her Henrythenavigator foal was the same color
    So he will be bay or dark bay then?
  • RachelRachel Member
    possibly a dark bay since both his parents are dark bay