New Features!

kyleakylea Administrator
edited March 2012 in Tech Support & Tutorials
Hello Z Forum members,

Based on your feedback, we would like to announce a few new features of the forum.

1. "Mark All Viewed" button: This is a new option in the menu bar. It resets and clears all (yellow) new comment alerts.

2. "Discussion Participants" list: Can be found in the sidebar of each thread. It is a list of members involved in the discussion, linking to their profiles.

3. "Flag" button: Each comment now has a Flag option. Flagging a comment sends an alert to the forum administrator for review. Please only flag comments you truly believe should be removed from the forum.

We hope you enjoy these features and continue to share your opinions.

Comments

• Great and Thank you
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    Thank you for taking such great care of us! :)
  • What a great part of Team Zenyatta you guys are!!! Thank you!
  • Thank you for for these great new options and for doing such a super job.
  • JanetJanet Member
    This is really great. I am getting the hang of it.
  • Thank you - especially for the directory of who is in each discussion!!
  • KetaKeta Member
    You listen! You add or fix!
    Thank you!
  • Keta,
    I left you a message on your profile page - you have to click on "Activity" to see it.
    Sandy
  • KetaKeta Member
    Kylea,
    Have another suggestion/request.
    It seems the Blog area has taken the place of the old Diary.
    And, each day it increases.
    Could you put in a Date Marker similiar to a Page Break as a separator?
    This would help when we scroll through all the Posts.
    Thanks,
    Keta
  • kyleakylea Administrator
    Keta, I'm not quite sure what you mean about adding a page break. If you're in the Blog, there's a choice of categories at the top right. Z's Diary is there, as is News. Me moved those links into the Blog section in order to make room for the Forum.
  • Thank You Team Zen. You guys take such care of us and we all appreciate it so very much. We know how busy you are and we love you for caring as deeply as you do for our Zenyatta and all who love her too......hugs to all Leslie
  • KetaKeta Member
    Keta, I'm not quite sure what you mean about adding a page break. If you're in the Blog, there's a choice of categories at the top right. Z's Diary is there, as is News. Me moved those links into the Blog section in order to make room for the Forum.
    At the end of the News in the area called Blog, people are posting comments.
    Last check this afternoon there were almost 700
    What I am asking for is a Date Header to separate one day from next.
    For example: at the end of the March 21 posts, a Date Head saying March 22.
    Then the March 22 posts would start.

Basically, this is all about people's comfort level.
    The Diary group aka Z Dumplings were used to the posting in the Diary as they do in the Blog area.
    For the most part, they are lightly using the Forum & Discussions.
    Just another idea.
    Thanks.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Kylea,
    Okay, now here is what I see happening.
    Today you posted new News.
    So, people started posting under it.

The problem I have been describing happens when the
    News sits for several days and people keep on posting to it.
    To see the difference, look at the News of March 22
    There are posts on March 23, 24, 25, 26
    So more new News means fewer posts

Kylea, if what I am asking is too difficult or not worth the time
    to implement, I do understand.
    And, I really really do appreciate all you do.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    KYLEA... what would be nice on blog side...have each day a separate entry...even if Team Z has nothing to say...would keep each entry shorter...and would be easy to archieve
    Keta, now I see what you mean. What you're suggesting isn't really possible (for one thing, comments aren't in chronological order because of replies).

We realize that Diary and News posts collect hundreds of comments, especially when there's not a new post every day. There's a practical limit to the number of comments the blog can support. We saw this coming when Dottie announced her hiatus, and it's one of the main reasons we built this forum—it's a better system for the ongoing discussion that happens on our website.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Kylea, thank you so much for checking this out.
    Yes, I do understand not being able to do it.
    You all are great & so responsive.
    Once again. all you do is appreciated.
  • I like to request to add a section about other great fillies and mares that are running; many of us Z fans like support other female equine atheletes. And I know that Zenyatta's fans would appreciate Awesome Maria, who does a dance routine in the show ring. She is the only one who does a Zenyatta Routine on the racetrack. She will be at the Rampart on March 31st and I hope someone will videotape it and show her dancing on here and YouTube.
    Thanks, Terri
  • Hello Z Forum members,

Based on your feedback, we would like to announce a few new features of the forum.

1. "Mark All Viewed" button: This is a new option in the menu bar. It resets and clears all (yellow) new comment alerts.

2. "Discussion Participants" list: Can be found in the sidebar of each thread. It is a list of members involved in the discussion, linking to their profiles.

3. "Flag" button: Each comment now has a Flag option. Flagging a comment sends an alert to the forum administrator for review. Please only flag comments you truly believe should be removed from the forum.

We hope you enjoy these features and continue to share your opinions.
    Hi,
    my post was deleted the other day.
    I believe it was in good taste, void of athg objectionable.
    I was replying to a post writing about studies on the emotional responses of animals. Why was my post deleted? Thanks
    Hi SunnyBee, I didn't delete your comment and I can't find any record of the original (we have access to all deleted or edited comments). I'm not sure what happened.

I have merged a few threads that were effectively duplicates, but I haven't deleted any comments for other reasons.
  • Kyle,

Perhaps sunnybee forgot to click on Post Comment? It has happened to me.

I have a reverse problem. I started to write a comment on a different discussion and then noted that I had misread something, so deleted my comment. But it didn't go away. I tried deleting again and clicking on Save Draft, hoping it would save as blank. Didn't work. I've tried everything, including shutting down the computer, but the comment is still in the Write Comment box at the bottom of the page. It hasn't shown up on my profile page, nor I hope on the discussion page. I'm afraid I might accidently hit the post comment button and my inane words will be there for all to see. Not good. What am I doing wrong? and how can I correct it?
  • Hi SunnyBee, I didn't delete your comment and I can't find any record of the original (we have access to all deleted or edited comments). I'm not sure what happened.

I have merged a few threads that were effectively duplicates, but I haven't deleted any comments for other reasons.
    Thanks.
    Kyle,

Perhaps sunnybee forgot to click on Post Comment? It has happened to me.

I have a reverse problem. I started to write a comment on a different discussion and then noted that I had misread something, so deleted my comment. But it didn't go away. I tried deleting again and clicking on Save Draft, hoping it would save as blank. Didn't work. I've tried everything, including shutting down the computer, but the comment is still in the Write Comment box at the bottom of the page. It hasn't shown up on my profile page, nor I hope on the discussion page. I'm afraid I might accidently hit the post comment button and my inane words will be there for all to see. Not good. What am I doing wrong? and how can I correct it?
    Virginia,
    When you're looking at all discussions, you'll see a tab at the top that says "My Drafts." All of those saved comments are there, and you can hover over the x in the top right corner to delete.
  • Thank you. It worked.
  • How do you poste videos? When the Forum was first up, I was able to use the embedded HTML YouTube code and videos ran just fine. But, now, I don't seem to be able to use this anymore. And, when we post the YouTube link, only the link shows and not the actual video. I've seen other videos in the Forum, so am wondering what I am missing. Thanks!! Great job here, by the way. Thanks for all that you are doing in the background for us to make this a great experience and a way to connect about all things Zenyatta!
    Hi Ann Maree, use the main YouTube link instead of the HTML for embedding. That should work!