KY Derby 2013 -- Who's your pick?

Anyone have any favorites for the Kentucky Derby coming up this weekend?

Comments

• RachelRachel Member
    I like black onyx but he reminds me of ruler on ice, who won the Belmont stakes.
  • My first pick is Verrazano; it's hard not to want to see a horse continue to be undefeated.
    Second pick is Orb.
    Third pick solely for looks is Mylute.
    Last pick because if Mine That Bird's Derby should teach anyone is that you shouldn't underestimate the long shot is Falling Sky.

No matter who wins, I will probably be cheering the winner on should he enter the Preakness.
  • I never put my cards down before the game is over ;)
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    Whoever gets the Derby luck and that is a fickle thing indeed.
  • 1. Verrazano 2. Mylute. 3.Palace Malice 4. Revolutionary 5. Oxbow
  • I like Normandy Invasion....but I wouldn't bet on it :)))))
  • Normandy Invasion and Revolutionary #1. Cannot decide between the two yet! Love Palace Malice, too and Java's War!
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    Goldencents and Verrazano are the two I'm rooting for. Goldie for personal reasons, Verrazano because he's named for the bridge and the bridge is named for Castello Verrazano in Tuscany. It's a winery and I spent a lovely afternoon with my whole family there wine tasting. And believe me, wine tasting in Tuscany is NOTHING like it is here ;)
  • I'm torn between Orb and Revolutionary, though I'd give Orb the nod. It's really a tough field. This is my analysis of the entire field: http://pastthegrandstand.blogspot.com/2013/05/2013-kentucky-derby-field-analysis.html
  • msnap12msnap12 Member
    1. Verrazano
    2. Revolutionary
    3. Orb
    4. Will Take Charge
    5. Oxbow

:) c'mon my boys! <3 run strong and be safe!
  • AshtonAshton Member
    My hearts with Goldencents, and Java's War....not saying they'll win, just where my heart is.
  • My picks are orb, Palace Malice, and Normandy Invasion.
  • Palice Malice, Java's War, Revolutionary, Verrazano...no special order..safe trip all!
    Peace & Happiness
  • kurtkurt Member
    i like revolutionary and normandy invasion as my top two, orb,palice malice,mylute,javas war finish out my 6 horse tri box.. wouldnt touch verrazano..this guys gonna hit a wall at the top of the stretch and be bottom half at the wire..another fletcher fraud..kills me to admit i like revo and palice though
  • Post position 3 + Calvin Bo-Rail + predicted rain = Revolutionary
  • tinamritinamri Member
    I like revolutionary,goldencents and palace malice don't know witch one to put money on.
  • Orb, Revolutionary, Verrazano would be my top three picks. I have been impressed with Verrazano all year but --- Johnny V is coming back from injuries suffered in a bad spill & a rough ride on Dreaming of Julia in the Oaks. I have concerns about the "buzz" from track insiders that suggest that Verrazano doesn't appear to be "comfortable" on the Churchill Downs dirt. I think his pedigree says he can do the distance --- lots of diversity an loaded with great champions. Love the look of this big colt and the length of his stride. I don't think we have seen him "full out" --- Velazquez kinda intimated that after his run in the Wood Memorial. If it's a sloppy track --- it's all about the ride and who finds the "sweet spot" on the track --- guess we will find out who's the best mudder in the field! My longshot picks would be Palace Malice, Overanalyze and Itsmyluckyday.
    Betty in Tampa
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    1. Normandy Invasion
    2. Goldencents
    3. Mylute

Longshot -- Frac Daddy
  • Heart says: Normandy Invasion, Revolutionary, Palace Malice. Mind says: this one is another one up for grabs.