Malibu Moon/ORB

ninjabarbninjabarb Member
The stud fee for Malibu Moon will go high I guess $125,000.00 Is now $70,000.00

Orb is a fanastic horse Has been well trained Was given TIME to reach his potential.

My hat off to the trainer

Comments

• HI, Ninjabarb, I was just checking him out as well, I think he is much a better Slew line stallion than even Bernardini. Usually the fee will go up as the success of their progeny goes, but if its just a fluke for a time, and I don't know if it is actually him doing this for Orb as I think the female side of the family is what did it to him. Orb got his coloring, and Orb does run with the slightly lowered Slew style neck, but the rest is pure Shenanigans clan..
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    Kauai Katie is a Malibu Moon as well and she seems to be becoming one of the best sprint fillies.
  • Yes I agree Been watching her progress Lot of great horses in the East
  • kurtkurt Member
    malibu moon is a great story though. gotta love his rags to riches stallion story. hes earned the fee increase if it indeed happens.
    as for ORB, gotta assume he'll end up at claiborne someday since i think all the phipps horses go there which is great for claiborne..regardless, lets hope ORB sticks around awhile and not sent off to stud by mid summer
  • malibu moon is a great story though. gotta love his rags to riches stallion story. hes earned the fee increase if it indeed happens.
    as for ORB, gotta assume he'll end up at claiborne someday since i think all the phipps horses go there which is great for claiborne..regardless, lets hope ORB sticks around awhile and not sent off to stud by mid summer
    From your voice to their ears, Kurt!! I hope so too, we NEED to see these champions at their very best, 4 and 5 and up, providing they are healthy. Its seems as soon as a colt wins a graded stakes race, he is automatically whisked off to go stand around somewhere. Not in the sport's best interest at all. Oh, yes, Kauai Katie, how could I forget to mention this fast gal? She's a looker too! I do believe that when Orb is retired (hopefully not too soon) he will go to Claiborne, that is what has made this most historic farm what is it to this day, they have their homebreds, as Shug said yesterday, and they bring them back there. Just keep him healthy Shug!

• Malibu Moon has gone from a $3,000.00 stud fee in 2004 to $40,000.00 by 2007 He is well on his way to a lot more !!!!!

His racing career was cut short due to a injury I believe he only raced twice.

Don't forget Kauai Katie Another horse to watch.