oldest living eclipse winner?.

kurtkurt Member
wondering if 31 year old Turkoman is the oldest living champion?..fairly certain im going to get to see this guy this week..one of the few Alydars still around..ironic since he was one of the first alydars

Comments

• RachelRachel Member
    i believe he is
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    I thought I saw somewhere that the oldest eclipse winner is a jumper...cant remember his name right now...
  • Lesliec, I love that first picture of the handsome old horse. Just beautiful!
  • kurtkurt Member
    Flatterer..who must be..33 or 34 now also as the article mentioned hes a year younger then Avie was who was 34 at the time it was written, add the birthdate on january 1 and Flatterer must now also be 34
    That's it....thanks Kurt....Flatterer is now oldest
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kurtkurt Member
    yeh!!, my appointment with Turkoman is wednesday at noon..they said to bring mints and cookies..will try and post pics afterwards
  • yeh!!, my appointment with Turkoman is wednesday at noon..they said to bring mints and cookies..will try and post pics afterwards
    Yaay! Can't wait to see the photos and your diary of your visit too! I wish I could be there too! I just love these senior horses...they've been through sooo much and have so much wisdom! I only wish these horses had longer life spans so we can enjoy their life on earth a little longer!
  • kurtkurt Member
    PANIOLO- i think you unleashed a monster in me, ive gotten to where i love posting pics here and i since i forgot to do it, heres some photos of turkoman from july 4th..hes 31 now

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• wow! that is awesome Kurt, big beautiful guy! such kind eyes
  • kurtkurt Member
    thanks Rachel. i cant believe i forgot to post these. Turk is 31 and one of the last alydars which is ironic because he was one of the first alydars. hes 17 hands although with the sway back ya cant tell how imposing he was. whats cool is hes as sweet as they come. when i visited him, i took my 75 yr old mom whos scared of everything. she had never fed a large horse anything before and was a little antsy at first but after turk gently took the first cookie from her, she had a friend and fed him half a container of cookies. i didnt post the pic of me with him but the groom handed me the rope and let me have complete control of him for the pictures as he stood back and let the pics be taken. Turk is a great old guy and,like you commented, has beautiful bright eyes still. i hope hes around awhile longer..glad you enjoyed seeing him
  • i read about him in barbara livingston's article but these pictures are the best
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited August 2013
    PANIOLO- i think you unleashed a monster in me, ive gotten to where i love posting pics here and i since i forgot to do it, heres some photos of turkoman from july 4th..hes 31 now.
    WOW! THESE PHOTOS OF "TURKOMAN "ARE JUST SO BEAUTIFUL!...
    FOR A GUY HIS AGE...HE STILL LOOKS IMPRESSIVE!

Glad you're very comfortable posting your photos now! I like your New Identity... "Kurt- The Photo Posting Monster!" We are just enjoying ourselves in reliving your fabulous visits to see these LEGENDS!

btw...I hope you tried out the tutorial on labeling your web photos...but we all enjoyed the 3 original unknown horses from your days as a youth! If you ever forget to label your web photos...we are up to the challenge again on identifying them FOR SURE! :o) Love your current discussion "Who Am I"... That lauraj_cincinnati is really GOOD AND FAST!
  • Wow! What great photos!! Thanks for sharing them. He looks so great for his age and I hope he continues to thrive. I'm very glad the photo monster in you has been released, Kurt!
  • ty for the pictures of Turk, Kurt- what farm is Turk at??
  • kurtkurt Member
    DFISH- he is at E.A ranch near ramona,calif..there very accommodating if you ask to see him. i went twice. first time i had bad settings on my camera so i asked if i could come back about a month later just for photos and they said yes. they bathed and groomed him for me, the whole shot..great people there!!..margurite is the woman to contact there..on a side note Soul of the matter is there also..best known perhaps for nearly beating cigar in the dubai world cup, "soul" is 22 and looks great also..gets a few mares a year
  • Soul of the Matter, dang i havent heard about that horse much o.o
  • kurtkurt Member
    wanna see him?
    I don't know about the rest....but I do
  • kurtkurt Member
    as requested, this is SOUL OF THE MATTER..at e.a ranches in ramona on july 4th weekend..enjoy...

• now thats a horse o.O
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited August 2013
    heres that picture Kurt, Cigar winning the Dubai World Cup (the very first running of the race) and Soul of the Matter second, by a half length

• kurtkurt Member
    yah, "soul" gave him everything he had for sure..funny how him and cigar are same age, 22or 23, not young, but both really look good still..nice crop!
  • my cousin works at the Kentucky Horse Park and gets to visit Cigar all the time, shes taken some great photos of him. hes quite the character when hes in his paddock