Belmont Stakes 2013

RachelRachel Member
edited May 2013 in General Interest
So now that the Preakness has painfully passed us, it is now time to move on to the last leg of the Triple Crown. What are your thoughts on the possibles of this years Belmont Stakes? The filly Unlimited Budget might take a run at the boys, and then you have Palace Malace as a possible too. Dreaming of Julia will not be going, she is trying for the Mother Goose stakes. Here are the Belmont Stakes probables: http://www.horseracingnation.com/race/2013_Belmont_Stakes

Comments

• I would love to see Palace Malice run again! Although I don't think blinkers will be part of his equipment?
  • WezzieWezzie Member
    If I were a bettor I would go with Overanalyze.
  • Micromanage has been added to the list so that leaves 3 possibles for Repole stable and 5 possibles for Pletcher.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    The "O"s have it....
  • I wonder if Vyjack will run? Last i heard Verrazano will aim for a summer campaign.
    Verrazano article on drf today...or was it bloodhorse ....think they are considering a gr111 at Monmouth and then on from there
  • Palace Malice has been confirmed for the Belmont! http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editorial/article.cgi?id=36859
  • Verrazano article on drf today...or was it bloodhorse ....think they are considering a gr111 at Monmouth and then on from there
    He will point for the Pegasus then the Haskell at Monmouth
  • KetaKeta Member
    Palace Malice will keep Smith, shed blinkers for Belmont
    The Handicappers Edge brisnet. com 5/21/13 (Last updated
    Dogwood Stable President Cot Campbell confirmed Monday afternoon that Mike Smith will retain the mount aboard Palace Malice in the June 8 Belmont Stakes.
    The Hall of Famer first rode the colt in the May 4 Kentucky Derby, where the Todd Pletcher trainee overreacted to first-time blinkers, set a frenetic pace, and faded to 12th on the sloppy track. Palace Malice will keep his rider, but lose the headgear, for the 1 1/2-mile Belmont.
    "The decision is based on the outcome of the Preakness," Campbell said in a statement, "and the fact that on Sunday at Belmont Park our horse worked a very snappy half in :47.2, indicating good energy and enthusiasm.
    "The blinkers that jazzed him up in the Kentucky Derby come off and we anticipate no problem with pace or distance. He always rated kindly in previous races, and he will be in good hands with Mike Smith.
    "We are keen to give him another chance -- his trainer Todd Pletcher included," Campbell noted.
    http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editorial/article.cgi?id=36859
  • RachelRachel Member
    I read that vyjack is being pointed to something on turf, so he's gunna try turf
  • KetaKeta Member
    Preakness Winner Oxbow's Dam - Tizamazing & Foal -VIDEO
    The Blood-Horse Posted: May 20, 2013 Duration: 1:09
    Tizamazing, dam of Preakness winner Oxbow with her 2013 Unbridled's Song colt born on April 16, 2013, at Burleson Farm in Kentucky.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/videos/12626/preakness-winner-oxbows-dam---tizamazing--foal?section=triple-crown
  • Wow! She stamps her foals, that's for sure. I wonder if this one will go through the sales ring, would not surprise me.
  • slewpyslewpy Member
    I heard that Verrazano could be coming to NJ for a run in the Pegasus at Monmouth Park.
  • RachelRachel Member
    I heard that Verrazano could be coming to NJ for a run in the Pegasus at Monmouth Park.
    Tis true

• KetaKeta Member
    An early look at the potential field for the Belmont Stakes
    BY Jerry Bossert New York Daily News May 21, 2013 5:43 PM
    With the Triple Crown dream over, the rubber match between Kentucky Derby winner Orb and Preakness winner Oxbow appears to be in the making for the June 8 Belmont Stakes.
    The mile-and-a-half Belmont should attract close to the full field of 14 and will likely include the filly Unlimited Budget who is trained by Todd Pletcher.
    Pletcher’s only Belmont Stakes victory came in 2007 when he saddled the filly Rags to Riches to victory in the “Test of the Champion”.
    Pletcher, who saddled five horses in the Kentucky Derby but skipped the Preakness, could have just as many starters in the Belmont, depending on owner Mike Repole, the St. John’s graduate who could start up to four horses in the Belmont.
    “It’s a race I dreamed of winning since I was 13,” Repole said.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/theraces/2013/05/an-early-look-at-the-potential-field-for-the-belmont-stakes
  • RachelRachel Member
    Orb walked the barn, decision on belmont stakes not imminent. hes stabled there at the track so he wouldnt have to make a decision anytime soon lol
  • LyndaKLyndaK Member
    edited May 2013
    On some sites, Revolutionary is a favorite if he runs. Oxbow is not considered the be able to run the distance in the Belmont. Many are thinking this might be of the years that we will have a different winner for each race. There are some talented fillies out there that could win the Belmont. I am so impressed by the power of the fillies in the past 10 years...the girls are catching up with the boys. If Orb runs, I am sticking with him.

Have about decided that Zenyatta went to Creative Cause...he is a compact horse, which I like and Oxbow is a smaller horse and has that same compact build. Probably wrong of course, but think Creative Cause would be far more desirable than War Front.

If they ever figure out what color Oxbow is....listed as bay/ brown ...I think....but having seen him up close 5-6 times....Gray...
  • RachelRachel Member
    he has a roan quality to him i think
  • RachelRachel Member
    Mylute NOT going in the belmont stakes. Wasnt supposed to have a decision made until thus weekend, hmm
  • With Mylute out I wonder if Rosie will be on Power Broker?
  • KetaKeta Member
    Ten Questions That Don't Need Answering
    Hangin' with Haskins The Blood-Horse 22 May 2013 6:52 PM
    You can attempt to actually answer these questions if you wish, but they’re meant to be rhetorical questions merely designed to inspire thought.
    http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/archive/2013/05/22/ten-questions-that-don-t-need-answering.aspx
    Keta Note: Inspire thought you did. And, an occasional chuckle, Thanks, Steve