Belmont Stakes 2013

Comments

• oh thank you so much for the kind thoughts!! I just had my Ruffian collection valued at over 30K!! Won't give it up either!! Unless one of my pets or horses get sick..me, I'll just take some Advil! LOL Am having our black filly Soraya (21) start next Sunday at Churchill, she did great for a rookie, just missed a hard third so we are now starting in an allowance. Had 4 calls to buy her already, one from overseas. No sale..hope I can meet you all sometime at the races!! I'll get you in on my owners lisc. LOL ;)
  • so nervous before the start I have NO fingernails now...
  • RachelRachel Member
    nope, real good piece on Secretariat tho. while he was running in the stretch of the belmont they showed him romping in his paddock.
  • RachelRachel Member
    of the 14 horses in this field 9 have secretariat in their pedigree
  • RTBE, I will keep an eye out for your girl!
  • RachelRachel Member
    sweet jesus theyre running it like its a sprint race, 23 seconds! already
  • RachelRachel Member
    orb is second last
  • RachelRachel Member
    now third, hes picking it up hes 5th last. hes making his move! hes circling the field. here he comes! omg hes 4th hes 3rd. palace malice has it
  • RachelRachel Member
    the only curlin colt to get the distance
  • Hats off to the Curlin son! I am happy for Curlin...
  • RachelRachel Member
    once again we have 3 different horses in the triple crown races. im kinda depressed that its all over
  • RachelRachel Member
    hey hey, Curlins price just shot up to the roof xD
  • RachelRachel Member
    Mike Smith finally gets his belmont win lol
  • RachelRachel Member
    orb finished 3rd
  • Lots of good summer races to look forward to! I hope they all keep racing; sound of course!
  • Woohoo! Go Mikey and Palace Malice! Where was the filly? I didn't hear her name during the race.
  • OK, I'll say it now, Pletcher had NO reason to run that filly, he was interviewed and said 'well I don't know if she'll even get the distance..don't know if she will burn herself out..' Now, that is not a way to treat a horse that could have been in one of the mare races and done great. A bad race does a lot in the mental issue of the horses. At least Mikey won!! And Palice Malice does look like Curlin big time. The remainder of this year is going to be very interesting. I guess they just don't make them like they used to Reborn...and is anyone sick of Repole and his unlimted budget spending wife? Like rub it in our faces, eh? I'm pretty sure it was HIS call to run that filly in there.
    On another topic, Belmont is THE track I would have LOVED to see our lovely Zenny open up at, seems like she would just get rolling and have to stop! NOW they are going to run there, but too late for our girl. :(
  • RachelRachel Member
    she must of been all the way back. i couldnt see anything to tell them apart cuz they were covered in dirt and the setting sun. i cant believe Palace Malace got it, didnt think he could get the distance
  • RachelRachel Member
    yea Pletcher did admit in an interview yesterday that Unlimited Budget wasnt bred for this distance
  • RachelRachel Member
    jeez look at Freedom Child totally stop and back up on the turn for home
  • Ruffianthebestever, I agree about the filly! Hopefully she came out of it okay.
  • well she finished 6th, after those fast fractions everyone burned themselves out, and Orb got a bit too far back..
    Filly got bumped around a lot and that messes with their heads, my filly Magica started her first race about 3 weeks ago, in the 4 post, the 3 and 5 fillies came in on her and smashed her cheeks so bad she was cut and had to be looked at by the track vet. Then she somehow got loose at Keeneland and ramped into a sharp object and slashed her chest open, so that vet bill was on them. She is now recouping peacefully at our farm in Lexington to heal and re-train again.
    Hope you all are doing well and healthy and happy! We DO have a lot of racing left, and I'm waiting for the current running Queen, Royal Delta to get a'rollin' :)
  • LyndaKLyndaK Member
    Congratulations to all. So glad all are safe (as far as we know). Glad Orb held on for 3rd and Incognito took 4th.
  • I hope they all came out of it ok. Here's to 3 yr old campaigns continuing...no hustling off to stud farms!