Belmont Stakes 2013

Comments

• KetaKeta Member
    More Justin Zayat ‏tweets Tues. June 4
    Hoping to put on a preview of the BC Sprint saturday at belmont!!
    JustinPhillip FastBullet ZeeBros
    LETS DO IT!!!
    Justin Phillip running in the True North will be his 3rd consecutive year
    running Belmont Stakes day in a big stake!!
  • RachelRachel Member
    Hmm ill be switching between channels then. TVG to have live on sight coverage of the belmont stakes
  • KetaKeta Member
    Belmont Stakes Post Positions & Odds
    horseracinghl ‏(Lexington Herald Leader) tweet
    From rail out: No. 1 Frac Daddy (30-1),
    NO. 2 Freedom Child (8-1),
    No. 3 Overanalyze (12-1),
    No. 4 Giant Finish (30-1),
    No. 5 Orb (3-1)
    N. 6 Incognito (20-1),
    No. 7 Oxbow (5-1),
    No. 8 Midnight Taboo (30-1),
    No.9 Revolutionary (9-2);
    NO. 10 Will Take Charge (20-1)
    No. 11 Vyjack (20-1);
    NO. 12 Palace Malice (15-1),
    No. 13 Unlimited Budget (8-1),
    No. 14 Golden Soul (10-1)
  • Wow.... Unlimited Budget is WAAAAY out there.
  • KetaKeta Member
    The Downey Profile ‏
    Entry Chart --> Belmont Stakes Field with Morning Line
    http://www.thedowneyprofile.com/More_Racing_News/2013/06/05/belmont-stakes-field-with-morning-line.642459
    Keta Note: This is a great chart giving all info including Last Race
  • RachelRachel Member
    i didnt know they did the post positions already
  • RachelRachel Member
    McLaughlin: "We hope for the best and hope his pedigree kicks in at the quarter pole." what he had to say about his horse Incognito
  • RachelRachel Member
    Orb has had post 6 before so post 5 shouldnt be an isssue with him. the track is big enough that rosario should be able to get him out of unwanted spots
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited June 2013
    On Unlimited Budget Repole: "Hopefully, she runs to the sire's side and not the dam's side." she ran her dam's side last time out i assume? lol

and this is promising news, sheesh Pletcher: Pletcher: Unlimited Budget "not as strongly bred" for #Belmont distance as his 2007 filly winner Rags to Riches
  • KetaKeta Member
    horseracinghl ‏@horseracinghl tweet
    Pletcher "We were hoping Unlimited Budget would draw towards the outside.
    So it went well."
  • Why does Unlimited Budget have to carry the same weight as the colts? Shouldn't she carry less?
  • RachelRachel Member
    i guess since shes going against the boys, shes gotta carry equal amounts
  • RachelRachel Member
    its gunna rain on saturday at Belmont
  • RachelRachel Member
    get your belmont on with NBC Sports:

The NBC Sports Group will provide 6 1/2 hours of coverage of the 145th Belmont Stakes (gr. I) beginning with a two-hour broadcast June 7. Pre-race coverage starts June 8 at 3 p.m. and continues through 7:30 p.m. Post time for the race is 6:36 p.m. EDT.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/78688/nbc-providing-6-12-hours-of-belmont-coverage#ixzz2VMdaomgc

Remember, TVG will also be on sight with live coverage of the races on saturday. ill be switching between channels
  • RachelRachel Member
    i think the grandstand is going to rock when Orb runs past Ruffian's grave that first time around
  • RachelRachel Member
    Correction to Keta's post, Unlimited Budget does get a weight break, but by 5 pounds. she will carry 121.

Because she is a filly facing males, Unlimited Budget gets a 5-pound weight break and will carry 121 pounds compared to 126 for the other 13 runners."
  • Will it be covered on regular NBC??? :-S surely it will be, right? I mean it always has been.... (I don't get the NBC Sports channel..... )
  • RachelRachel Member
    TVG will also be covering the races there, they will be on sight. it just says NBC Sports is covering the races
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited June 2013
    trying to see if u can watch the race online
  • RachelRachel Member
    I swear, the spats we have here are nothing compared to the ones on DRF website. I asked why shug would be worried about orb and the possibly muddy track. Got a thumbs down on my comment and ignorant replies
  • As to the weight issue, I think there are some races where all runners carry the same amount and other that are 'handicaps', so a weight amount is assigned to each runner based one their perceived ability. Kinda like handicaps in golf and maybe other sports.
  • As to the weight issue, I think there are some races where all runners carry the same amount and other that are 'handicaps', so a weight amount is assigned to each runner based one their perceived ability. Kinda like handicaps in golf and maybe other sports.
    True, but a female horse will always be given at least somewhat of a weight break against males if I'm not mistaken ;)
  • Please check out my field analysis of the upcoming Belmont Stakes and share with your racing friends: http://pastthegrandstand.blogspot.com/2013/06/2013-belmont-stakes-field-analysis.html

Enjoy the Belmont!
  • LyndaKLyndaK Member
    Orb drew a great post position!