Tiznow

Great documentary of Tiznow.

Comments

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Saw a piece on him last night on tvg...talk about having a mind of his own....but a big good looking guy
  • KetaKeta Member
    Ten Questions That Don't Need Answering
    Hangin' with Haskins The Blood-Horse 22 May 2013 6:52 PM
    You can attempt to actually answer these questions if you wish, but they’re meant to be rhetorical questions merely designed to inspire thought.
    http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/archive/2013/05/22/ten-questions-that-don-t-need-answering.aspx
    Keta Note: Inspire thought you did. And, an occasional chuckle, Thanks, Steve
  • Odd thing is, I was researching a little about Tiznow on-line today. I've always like the horse; he's one of my favs. And I hadn't seen this documentary before. How fun! Tiznow is just a gorgeous guy. Thanks for the share of this video!
  • Odd thing is, I was researching a little about Tiznow on-line today. I've always like the horse; he's one of my favs. And I hadn't seen this documentary before. How fun! Tiznow is just a gorgeous guy. Thanks for the share of this video!
    I had always seen him in horses pedigrees but never really knew him as this was before i really got into racing. But seeing this makes me like him. Although I still find the names of some of his progeny stupid.
  • I like him because he's a direct male descsendant of Man O' War, and obviously..... It shows through his temper! Lol
  • Sounds like Tiznow is a throwback to his 6xgreat-grandaddy, Fair Play, who eventually refused to run in his races (or worse yet, to his 7xgreat-grandaddy, Hastings, one of the most ornery and dangerous stallions ever).
  • L_Q_Q_KL_Q_Q_K Member
    I'm beginning to wonder if Tiznow is the "fabulous stallion" that Dottie spoke of in the podcast someone posted a while back. The mating rates a B on TrueNicks.

Tiznow has some impressive progeny....Well Armed (who won the Dubai World Cup in 2009), Colonel John, Tizway, Morning Line, Bear Now, Folklore, Bullsbay, Tiz Miz Sue, Tough Tiz's Sis (whom Zenyatta defeated), Gemologist, Da Tara (who won the 2008 Belmont Stakes) and many others.

Thank you @QueenZFan20 for the video of Tiznow.

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    He is much too large ...isn't he?
  • RachelRachel Member
    hes 17 hands and not a push over lol i remember back at when winstar was doing the free webcam viewing in feb and he was sniffing that bucket of poop from the other stallions and the guy that was picking up the poop in his stall couldnt get him to move out of the way. he tried making him shy away and then tapping him on the withers with the rake, no moving Tiznow out of the way
  • L_Q_Q_KL_Q_Q_K Member
    I think Zenyatta and Tiznow are about the same size....17 hands give or take a finger or two.

As for the size of a potential foal, I'm not too concerned. At 145 pounds, 13Z was a big foal and Zenyatta had no problems during delivery. Given the amount of care Zenyatta is given at Lane's End, I see no reason why she couldn't be bred to Tiznow.

Just the thought of a Tiznow foal out of Zenyatta is exciting. The video and looking up Tiznow's progeny was an eye-opener. I pretty much though like the rest of the Dumplings here that Tiznow was too big. Now, I'm not so sure. I think it's a perfect pairing.
  • I think Zenyatta and Tiznow are about the same size....17 hands give or take a finger or two.

As for the size of a potential foal, I'm not too concerned. At 145 pounds, 13Z was a big foal and Zenyatta had no problems during delivery. Given the amount of care Zenyatta is given at Lane's End, I see no reason why she couldn't be bred to Tiznow.

Just the thought of a Tiznow foal out of Zenyatta is exciting. The video and looking up Tiznow's progeny was an eye-opener. I pretty much though like the rest of the Dumplings here that Tiznow was too big. Now, I'm not so sure. I think it's a perfect pairing.
    I agree hopefully Team Z sees our comments and thinks it over?
  • Don't forget the poor beast has to fit into a starting gate. :-)
    Hahahaha So it can't be 18 hands? :P

Hahahaha So it can't be 18 hands? :P
    The horse can't be too "wide" either...the starting gate stall is only 24"w. My husband stood in a starting gate display at Churchill downs...and his shoulders were almost touching each side of the stall LOL! and my husband is not fat either!
  • That video brings back memories. Tiznow had a flair for the dramatics. He certainly knew where the finish line was. Great story.
  • I love Tiznow and to be perfectly honest he's the first stallion I would have sent Lady Z to.

What a foal those two would produce.

He won the Classic twice and if Mike Smith had been able to get her out Z would have won it twice as well.
  • Indeed, but Tiznow is too big for Z. The resulting foal would mature too slowly
  • Zenyatta matured slowly and she has great owners that let her mature slowly. She became a great racehorse. I think a foal by she and Tiznow would be one phenomenal racehorse.

As for Tiznow being to big? Sorry but they are the same size at 17 hands. I doubt Z would have any trouble delivering his foal.

• Indeed, but Tiznow is too big for Z. The resulting foal would mature too slowly
    Do you think a Tiznow/Zeny foal would mature more slowly then Coz? Quite a few people at this site believe Coz won't make it to the races until the Spring of his 3-year old year. Tiznow has had some good two year olds.
  • Yes, both horses are 17 hands and make big babies. The foal could hurt zenny and will most likely mature slowly. The reason for Coz starting into his 3 yr old yr is that thats how Sheriffs does things and he will most likely go the way zenyatta did.
  • Tiznow also didnt start until his 3 yr old year
  • Regardless I think Z and T would produce one hell of a racehorse and I doubt a T foal would hurt Z any more than any other foal.

• cant help but think if theres a male version of Zenyatta it would be Tiznow

http://www.sporthorse-data.com/horse/10006031/807/Horse_Tiznow-_2big.jpg
  • Tiznow actually has a couple full siblings; Tizbud (colt), Tizdubai (colt), Tizamazing (mare), Tizso (mare), Tizsweet (mare), Ceebett (gelding), Budroyale (gelding), and Balboa Betty (mare). Of those full siblings, Tizbud, Budroyale and Tizdubai were the best.
  • Tizamazing is the dam of Oxbow, Awesome Patriot, and What Now.

Tizso is the dam of Paynter and Chivalrous.

i have no doubt the mating would create something spectacular, i just worry about the size of the foal and its ability to mature. His family and offspring have done great things.