Tiznow

Comments

• Laurie: Strong Mandate—(Tiznow—Clear Mandate, by Deputy Minister) has been right there in just about every race. Right there on the lead, early, where he doesn’t belong. In the Southwest, he came from off of the pace and got up for second place after a five wide move from an outside post. You couldn’t ask for a better pedigree for the Classics. By two-time HOY Tiznow out of multiple G-1 winner Clear Mandate (whose G-1 victories were at 1 1/8 miles and 1 ¼ miles), Strong Mandate is a half to stakes winner Full Mandate (winner at 1 1/8 miles), multiple graded stakes winner Newfoundland, and stakes placed The Mighty Tiger. I really think this horse has potential. Unlocking it is the key. Contender.

Ashley: Strong Mandate—A Grade 1 winner at 2, Strong Mandate hasn’t quite lived up to the potential at 3 that he showed at age 2. That’s not to say that he has run poorly, because he hasn’t. He just hasn’t had an answer for Tapiture or Hoppertunity. He could improve 3rd off the layoff, but I didn’t like how he backed out of it when things got tough in the final stages of the Rebel, especially since the opening fractions were fairly soft. I have to disagree with Laurie here. I’ve never been on this one’s bandwagon, nor do I intend to start now. I like him best to fill out the exotics, and that’s it.

• Strong Mandate – If you were to tell me in January that this horse would not be starting in the Kentucky Derby I would not have believed you. I did not consider him a potential winner but I did think he would score enough to get in.

For the D. Wayne Lukas trained colt by Tiznow and Clear Mandate his best score was the G1 Hopeful Stakes. The problem now is that it was not a qualifier race. From there he started scoring; 3rd in the G1 Breeder’s Cup Juvenile, 2nd in the G3 Southwest Stakes.

That equaled 6 points coming into the G2 Rebel. The points were raised but Strong Mandate wasn't up for the occasion and finished 4th. 11 points required more and a top 3 finish in the Arkansas Derby was almost mandatory. Unfortunately, Strong Mandate once again failed to fire. The promising Juvenile will have to wait for another opportunity in his racing career before he can regain the promise he displayed in the G1 Hopeful.
  • Ashley: Dynamic Impact (Tiznow - Featherbed, by Smart Strike) going to the Illinois Derby

Laurie: Dynamic Impact (Tiznow - Featherbed, by Smart Strike) going to the Illinois Derby.
  • Dynamic Impact - The well intended son of Tiznow finally got off the hump, breaking his maiden last time in his fifth start. Having said, the horse that he beat in that race is a useful sort. Breaking from the rail in the Illinois Derby, he’ll need to be involved from the get-go, and coming from the maiden ranks, a win might be a little much to hope for, but his trainer, Mark Casse has been winning in bunches of late.
  • TIZNOW - April 14, 2014.
  • Tiznow-one of my all time favorites. Thanks for this vid, Ashton.
  • You're more than welcome. I so glad it played for you. I love him too. Such a personality!!
  • KalarKalar Member
    Ashley: Dynamic Impact (Tiznow - Featherbed, by Smart Strike) going to the Illinois Derby

Laurie: Dynamic Impact (Tiznow - Featherbed, by Smart Strike) going to the Illinois Derby.
    And he won!! :D
  • QueenZFan20QueenZFan20 Member
    edited May 2014
    Dynamic Impact is scheduled to arrive at Pimlico May 7th for the Preakness Stakes. Miguel Mena will retain the mount for the Preakness.
  • Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas said that Robert Baker and William Mack's Hopeful (gr. I) winner Strong Mandate will not run in the Preakness.

"He's not going," said Lukas, who won his sixth Preakness last May with Oxbow. "I am going to wait until Saratoga."
  • Thanks for the cool video of Tiznow, Ashton. How awesome it must have been to actually meet him. So glad you shared him with us!!
  • Fresh from his Illinois Derby victory, Dynamite Impact will try to score the hat trick in the Preakness. Trainer Mark Casse is Canada’s answer to Todd Pletcher. Casse has won the Outstanding Trainer Sovereign Award for three years straight.
  • Illinois Derby (GIII) winner Dynamic Impact galloped 1 ½ miles at 6:30 with Marco Cano up. Trained by Mark Casse, Dynamic Impact is scheduled to work at 6 a.m. Saturday with jockey Miguel Mena aboard. However, rain that began falling at the close of training hours Friday was forecast to continue sporadically all day and night and assistant trainer Norman Casse said the work could wait a day if necessary.
  • John Oxley’s Illinois Derby (G3) winner Dynamic Impact was scheduled for a workout Saturday morning in preparation for next Saturday’s Preakness, but weather forced assistant trainer Norman Casse to call an audible and scrub the work.
    Before the track opened at 6 o’clock, Casse stood in a light rain as tractors floated the track.

“I am afraid this will be the last day we will be able to work,” said Casse, son of trainer Mark Casse. “There is more rain coming and who’s to say it won’t be worse later today or tomorrow?”

In the end, Casse decided to wait a day and instead have Dynamic Impact gallop 1½ miles under exercise rider Marco Cano at 6:30.

“A lot of my horses didn’t go out and I am happy he at least got to gallop,” Casse said. “We are prepared to go tomorrow and if not, it is not a big deal and we can go Monday.”
  • DYNAMIC IMPACT –John Oxley’s Illinois Derby (G3) winner Dynamic Impact worked five furlongs in company in 1:01 3/5 with jockey Miguel Mena aboard.

Dynamic Impact started a couple lengths behind his workmate and finished even at the wire with fractions of :13, :37.3/5 and a six-furlong gallop out time of 1:15 2/5. The move was the 18th fastest of 41 for five furlongs.

“I am glad we got the work in,” said Norman Casse, assistant trainer to father Mark Casse, of the move that had been postponed a day. “He started off a little slow, but finished strong and moved well over the track.”

Dynamic Impact had worked five furlongs in company in 1:00 1/5 on May 3 in his first breeze since winning the Illinois Derby on April 19.

Dynamic Impact is scheduled to fly to Baltimore on Wednesday and Mena, who will be riding in his first Preakness, is headed to Pimlico on Friday to ride Tepin for Casse in the $100,000 Miss Preakness Stakes at six furlongs. Mena has ridden Tepin in all four of her starts, including a victory in her most recent outing in the Delta Downs Princess (G3) in November.
  • DYNAMIC IMPACT –John Oxley’s Dynamic Impact walked the shedrow at Barn 36 at Churchill Downs, a day after working five furlongs in 1:01 3/5 in preparation for the Preakness.

“He came out of the work fine and will go back to the track Tuesday,” said Norman Casse, assistant to his father Mark Casse.

Miguel Mena will have the mount Saturday in his first Preakness.
  • The new shooter to the Triple Crown that I like most is Dynamic Impact. In his most recent start he won the Illinois Derby earning a competitive speed figure. He earned a lifetime best speed figure when stretched out to nine furlongs in that race and based on his breeding should only get better as the races get longer. If he moves forward again he is capable of beating California Chrome on his best day.
  • DYNAMIC IMPACT – John Oxley’s Dynamic Impact walked the shedrow at Barn 36 at Churchill Downs, a day after working five furlongs in 1:01 3/5 in preparation for the Preakness.

“He came out of the work fine and will go back to the track Tuesday,” said Norman Casse, assistant to his father Mark Casse.

Miguel Mena will have the mount Saturday in his first Preakness.
  • DYNAMIC IMPACT – John Oxley’s Dynamic Impact completed his Wednesday morning activity just in time to make it back to the barn before a heavy downpour hit Churchill Downs a little after 7:30.
    With exercise rider Marco Cano aboard, Dynamic Impact galloped 1 ¼ miles and then visited the starting gate in the mile chute.
    “That is standard for us (going to the gate),” said Norman Casse, assistant to his father Mark Casse. “It is just to let him know he is running this week.”
    Norman Casse will accompany Dynamic Impact on the Wednesday flight to Pimlico along with stablemate Tepin, who is entered in Friday’s Miss Preakness Stakes. Miguel Mena will ride both Casse horses.
    Joining the Casse team in Baltimore will be exercise rider Wayne Brown. Coming from Woodbine, which is home to the main Casse string, Brown was at Oaklawn Park this winter with Dynamic Impact.