Tiznow

Comments

• I see that too, but the mating makes me nervous. He is super successful but his foals are big
  • Zenyatta and Tiznow were born of the same essence that captivates us and calls them champions. They have that heart stopping performance that is every ounce of the word Legend. They know they are special
  • In Rachel's last picture of Tiznow he looks like he has the "ears" - I don't think we should risk it...
  • He has no Kris S in his pedigree. The only thing that Kris S and Tiznow have in common is Princequillo. Kris S is a grandson of Princequillo and Tiznow has him in his 5th generation back.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited August 2014
    found another thing out about Tiznow, he has a forever love at Winstar Farm. Her name is Shawklit Lover and she is the first mare he ever bred. WInstar Farm owns her and keeps her at the farm, they adopted her from ReRun. Shawklit Lover is a Test Mare, she is spayed so that she cannot get pregnant and is used to make sure the stallions know what their job is, well first time stallions at Winstar that is. But when Tiznow sees her, he perks up and gets happy.

http://cdn.stablemates2.winstarfarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/DSC_0073-720x476.jpg
  • Hip No. 32—A Tiznow filly out of a half sister to Quality Road . Consigned by the Mill Ridge Sales agency, this filly hails from the family of champion and millionaire Ajina. She is out of the Tale of the Cat mare Kobla Cat.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/86545/horses-to-watch-at-f-t-saratoga-sale-day-1#ixzz39NGamJ7s
  • found another thing out about Tiznow, he has a forever love at Winstar Farm. Her name is Shawklit Lover and she is the first mare he ever bred. WInstar Farm owns her and keeps her at the farm, they adopted her from ReRun. Shawklit Lover is a Test Mare, she is spayed so that she cannot get pregnant and is used to make sure the stallions know what their job is, well first time stallions at Winstar that is. But when Tiznow sees her, he perks up and gets happy.

http://cdn.stablemates2.winstarfarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/DSC_0073-720x476.jpg
    found another thing out about Tiznow, he has a forever love at Winstar Farm. Her name is Shawklit Lover and she is the first mare he ever bred. WInstar Farm owns her and keeps her at the farm, they adopted her from ReRun. Shawklit Lover is a Test Mare, she is spayed so that she cannot get pregnant and is used to make sure the stallions know what their job is, well first time stallions at Winstar that is. But when Tiznow sees her, he perks up and gets happy.

Aaahh. Too bad they can't have a foal together.
  • Delta Outlaw is running August 8th in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going 5 1/2 furlongs on turf at Saratoga. He will be ridden by Joel Rosario. He is trained by George Weaver and owned by R.A. Hill Stable.
  • Tiz Lady Legs is running August 10th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 6 1/2 furlongs at Del Mar. She will be ridden by Julien Couton. She is trained by Neil Drysdale and owned by Stepaside Farm LLC.
  • Tiz Time to Shine is running August 10th in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going 6 furlongs at Saratoga. He will be ridden by Javier Castellano. He is trained by Chad Brown and owned by Hoffman Thoroughbreds.
  • Tizcano is running August 10th in the Toyota Saratoga Special Stakes. He will be ridden by Cornelio Valasquez. He is trained by Peter Miller and owned by Gary Hartunian.
  • O’Brien also will have the $500,000 Secretariat favorite in Adelaide, who finished a close second in the $1.25 million Belmont Derby in a previous overseas journey this summer. Ryan Moore has been named to ride Adelaide, and O’Brien also intends to start a less-accomplished horse named Belisarius.

The other pre-entrants in a deep, interesting field are Can’thelpbelieving, Divine Oath, General Jack, Global View, Highball, Sheldon, and Tourist. Flamboyant and Aventador still were possible pre-entrants mid-afternoon Friday.
  • The $400,000 American St. Leger should have the best field in its three-year history, headed by the 2013 winner Dandino. The other pre-entered horses are Admiral Kitten, Big Kick, Eye of the Storm, Havana Beat, Hardest Core, Infinite Magic, Moment in Time, Moro Tap, Suntracer, and The Pizza Man.
  • Answers from the Stallion Crew at Winstar Farm

Tiznow’s Great Escapade: did Tiznow escape during the night or during the day? Who first discovered him? Did Tiznow unlock any other door or get in any trouble while he was on the loose?

Juan: I feel bad because I am afraid I am going to disappoint you….Tiznow’s Great Escapade was nothing more than a case of the munchies. He opened his door early in the morning and our nightwatch crew found him peacefully grazing on the patch of grass outside the barn. I guess Tiz was tired of waiting for his breakfast!
  • Tiznow, 2000, Churchill Downs: As he didn’t win his first career race until May 31, Tiznow didn’t compete in the Triple Crown races. The son of Cee’s Tizzy prepared for the first of his two Breeders’ Cup Classic victories with a steady 3-year-old campaign. He raced eight times from April 22 to Oct. 15, defeating older horses in the Oct. 15 Goodwood Breeders’ Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Santa Anita before winning the Classic Nov. 4 at Churchill Downs.
  • Big Kick, trained by Mike Machowsky, won the San Juan Capistrano (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park for Ernest Marchowsky, Ken Shaw, Kate Walters, and Lo Hi Stable last time out. James Graham picks up the mount astride the 5-year-old Tiznow gelding;

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/86749/english-shipper-dandino-eyes-st-leger-repeat#ixzz3AJFBT6MH
  • WinStar Farm's Tourist has won every race since Racing Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott moved the son of Tiznow to the grass earlier this year. After breaking his maiden over the Gulfstream Park lawn in February and earning a little rest, he has won twice more including a gate-to-wire score in the restricted $100,000 Sir Cat Stakes at Saratoga Race Course last out.

Despite his lack of racing against top-level company, he comes in highly regarded having posted some of the best speed figures among the entrants, Arlington Park officials report. Mott will be looking for his third Secretariat victory and jockey Joel Rosario will try to secure his first.

"It wasn't surprising to see him run so well [in the Sir Cat]," Mott said. "After seeing his first two starts on the grass, we knew he belonged at this level, and now we have an opportunity to run in a grade I."

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/86752/adelaide-tourist-to-clash-in-secretariat#ixzz3AJGcotHk
  • Big Kick is running August 16th in the American St. Leger Stakes. He will be ridden by James Graham. He is trained by Michael Machowsky and owned by Ernest Machowsky and Ken Shaw.
  • Tourist is running August 16th in the Secretariat Stakes. He will be ridden by Joel Rosario. He is trained by Bill Mott and owned by WinStar Farm LLC.
  • Tiznow knows how to escape his stallion stall at Winstar Farm,

One night, Tiznow figured out how to get out of his stall. A staff member found him grazing on the grass just outside the stallion barn LOL
  • Charge Now [ML 15-1] – Bill Mott – Junior Alvarado - Trainer Bill Mott, "I thought ×Travers six months ago. I think he's got a lot of stamina to him. I think he keeps coming. There's some good horses in there and I'm sure there's some that will get the distance, as well, but I think he ran well enough the other day and is one that just keeps coming. I'd like to give him a try, anyway."
  • She's Not Lazy is running August 23rd in the Violet Stakes. She will be ridden by Trevor McCarthy. She is trained by Graham Motion and owned by Brereton Jones.
  • Charge Now is running August 23rd in the Travers Stakes. He will be ridden by Junior Alvarado. He is trained by Bill Mott and owned by WinStar Farm LLC.