Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Comments

• AmandaFAmandaF Member
    edited November 2013
    Ok we have all these 3/4 Zenyatta siblings:
    2010 Go Nineteen (o/o Balance by Street Cry) c.

2011 She's Not Here (o/o Where's Bailey by Street Cry) f.
    2011 Terrific Treasure (o/o Treasure Trail by Street Cry) f.
    2011 Balance was bred to Street Cry for a 2011 foal, no foal reported

2012 Treasure Trail was bred to Street Cry for a 2012 foal, no foal reported

2013 colt (o/o Where's Bailey by Street Cry)

2014 Treasure Trail sent to Street Cry for a 2014 foal.

And there are still 3 more Zenyatta 1/2 sisters out there! LOL
  • Where's Baileys filly She's Not Here is entered in a race at Churchill Downs. Its a MSW for 1 1/16 miles on the turf. Its a field of 15 and she has post 1A. The race is at 2:34pm eastern this friday, its race 5. We will have to catch the replay on Churchills website cuz TVG doesnt play Churchill races and to see it live u have to have a Twinspires account (which asks for your social security number which i dont agree with). Hope she has a safe trip, large field for maiden racers, all 2 yr olds.
    She is listed as MTO (Main Track Only) so she will only run if the race is taken off the turf. Jon Court is her jockey.
  • Well, guess she isnt running then. Theres absolutely no reason it would be taken off the turf, no inclimate weather going on
  • Ok we have all these 3/4 Zenyatta siblings:
    2010 Go Nineteen (o/o Balance by Street Cry) c.

2011 She's Not Here (o/o Where's Bailey by Street Cry) f.
    2011 Terrific Treasure (o/o Treasure Trail by Street Cry) f.
    2011 Balance was bred to Street Cry for a 2011 foal, no foal reported

2012 Treasure Trail was bred to Street Cry for a 2012 foal, no foal reported

2013 colt (o/o Where's Bailey by Street Cry)

2014 Treasure Trail sent to Street Cry for a 2014 foal.

And there are still 3 more Zenyatta 1/2 sisters out there! LOL
    Wow.....that is so interesting. Maybe it's time to switch things up. LOL.
  • Finally, a name for one of the Henrythenavigator x Vertigineux filly's the 2011 one has been named Harley Rose
  • AmandaFAmandaF Member
    edited November 2013
    I'myoursugardaddy is the name of Tasty Temptation 2012 Candy Ride colt.
  • Finally, a name for one of the Henrythenavigator x Vertigineux filly's the 2011 one has been named Harley Rose
    Is that the one overseas?
  • I'myoursugardaddy is the name of Tasty Temptation 2012 Candy Ride colt.
    Who is he owned by?

Who is he owned by?
    He was sold in the Sept Keeneland 2013 sale to Tim and Crystal O'Donohue.

Is that the one overseas?
    No, she's in the states. She was bought by Frank Stronach of Adena Springs.
  • Oh geez....thats a bad name for such a cute baby :( lol
    That is hysterical (and brilliant). If this one becomes a stallion, Markinsac will have a field day with the jokes. The Clubhouse will not just turn, but whirl.
  • Oh geez....thats a bad name for such a cute baby :( lol
    I am not particularly fond of it either.
    Good grief what a name. No wonder she rejected him.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    I get where they are coming from....with "tasty" and "candy" for the sugar part....I hope this guy goes out there and kicks butt....what was that Johnny Cash song...a boy named Sue....this is close

Good grief what a name. No wonder she rejected him.
    "No wonder she rejected him"....too funny!!
  • Tim and Crystal O'Donohue.....please change that name before his first race. LOL.
    All the mares will LOVE him when he is sent to stud! HAHA!
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited November 2013

can you see it? cuz i cant see it. Imyoursugardaddy!
  • Offspring of well known horses:

On the 24th of this month at Zia Park, a Big Brown filly and a Curlin filly will compete in the same race. Its race 10 at 6:06pm eastern and a stakes race at $300,000 for 3 year old fillies at 1 1/16th miles. The Big Brown filly is I Am Miss Brown and the Curlin filly is Lady of Luck. I Am Miss Brown will be PP 1 and Lady of Luck will be PP 7 in a field of 9.
  • I know there is no "sweet" association necessarily with the names of Z13's parents, but can you imagine if Z13 was named ImyourZurgardaddy.....

I get the Tasty and the Candy connection, but there are so many other directions one could take to come up with a good name.
  • this is an old pic, Oct 14th of this year. but this horse is just so handsome and trained by Shug McGaughey. His name is Mr Speaker and hes out of a daughter of Personal Ensign called Salute and his sire is Pulpit.

pic.twitter.com/PRbX8WXzOW
  • photo update! is old however, this is back in August. Blind Luck's Bernardini filly

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1185936_590374977668078_992282631_n.jpg

And this is Blind Luck pregnant with Giant's Causeway baby in August (shes quite big already here lol but shes a small horse so it shows alot more)

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/1005823_590375594334683_1691290234_n.jpg
  • photo update! is old however, this is back in August. Blind Luck's Bernardini filly

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1185936_590374977668078_992282631_n.jpg

And this is Blind Luck pregnant with Giant's Causeway baby in August (shes quite big already here lol but shes a small horse so it shows alot more)

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/1005823_590375594334683_1691290234_n.jpg
    Does her filly have a name yet?
  • i think its Imtheluckyone