Breeders' Cup to Santa Anita in 2014

KetaKeta Member
Breeders' Cup to Santa Anita in 2014
By Ron Mitchell The Blood-Horse Monday, June 10, 2013 10:36 AM
For an unprecedented three years in a row, the Breeders' Cup World Championships will be returning to Santa Anita Park in 2014, according to an announcement by Breeders' Cup officials June 10. The dates will be Oct. 31-Nov. 1, 2014
The World Championships drew 89,742 to the Arcadia, Calif., track in 2012, with total wagering of $148 million, and the event is scheduled to be held at Santa Anita for the seventh time this Nov. 1-2.
"Santa Anita has proven to be an outstanding host for our championships, providing horsemen and fans around the world with a first-class facility and one of the greatest experiences in sports," said Breeders' Cup President Craig Fravel in a release. "We are delighted to extend our partnership with Santa Anita for a third consecutive year."
"We also value our relationship with the Southern California business and entertainment community, who have demonstrated long time dedication and support of the Breeders' Cup since our inception in 1984," Fravel said.
The 2014 running of the Breeders' Cup World Championships will mark the 11th time the event will be held in Southern California.
In the release, Breeders' Cup officials indicated no decisions have been made on host sites beyond 2014.
Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/78808/breeders-cup-to-santa-anita-in-2014#ixzz2VpP1SHKU

Comments

• RachelRachel Member
    Well, atleast we get to see the zenyatta statue a bit during tv coverage
  • KetaKeta Member
    2009 Breeders' Cup World Championships
    Uploaded on Dec 18, 2009

Keta Note: Zenyatta--"this is incredible"
  • KetaKeta Member
    The 2012 Breeders' Cup Experience
    Published on Feb 21, 2013
    The world's best horses. Celebrities. Fascinators. Fedoras. Amazing parties.
    See how it all unfolded at the 2012 Breeders' Cup World Championships held on November 2 & 3 at Santa Anita Park in California. Relive the best and richest races thoroughbred horse racing has to offer over two amazing days, highlighted by the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic. Races aired live on NBC and NBC Sports Network. And the excitement didn't end with the races. Check out all the amazing events Breeders' Cup had to offer from the Mayor's Masquerade Ball, Taste of LA, Taste of the World, Fascinators & Fedoras Fashion Event, Westfield Survival Bar and so much more! If you missed it last year, you can join the excitement in 2013 as the Breeders' Cup returns to Santa Anita on November 1 & 2.

• kurtkurt Member
    bummer, would rather watch it on tv when its across the country knowing i cant go insted of in my backyard of santa anita that i will no longer support..
  • Well, rats. I guess I'm not going next year either.