Zenyatta and War Front

edited June 2013 in Zenyatta
Its official and Zenny is 37 days in foal to War Front. Can't wait till next year for this new baby. May Zenny have a successful pregnancy.

Comments

• RachelRachel Member
    wheres the source for this info
  • On the front page of the forum. I would not have posted it otherwise.
  • I saw that too. All I can say is I hope the foal has her head. I'm not a fan of War Front's head.
  • msnap12msnap12 Member
    edited June 2013
    Happy healthy pregnancy to Zenny and Baby! I look forward to "Waiting Room 2014" and hopefully a filly this time! ;) <3 wink, wink!

And thankyou Lane's End and the Mosses for the official announcement we've been waiting for :) #keepcalmtrustthemosses

and since I'm too lazy, anyone want to go 37 days back and figure Z14's due date? :)
  • What is wrong with War Front's head? He has a lovely mussel, two eyes and a thoughtful intelligent gaze, what more can you ask for? Zenyatta is a wonderful mother and her disposition with War Front's temperment plus their pedigrees will make a wonderful foal.
  • What is wrong with War Front's head? He has a lovely mussel, two eyes and a thoughtful intelligent gaze, what more can you ask for? Zenyatta is a wonderful mother and her disposition with War Front's temperment plus their pedigrees will make a wonderful foal.
    I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it I just think to me it looks to "chunky" for a TB's head. I see not fault with his body though.
  • and we get the variation we wanted; War Front doesn't have AP Indy in his pedigree :) (not that there would be anything wrong if he did either, though I'm just saying...)
  • I think she'll be due around April 13th....just a guess.
  • i think it will be mid to late april or possibly even early may? Can't be for sure though CoZmic One was a day early and i believe Z13 was late?
  • Am I the only one trying so hard to resist the urge to create a "Waiting Room" discussion right NOW? lol yeah I thought so >_> ... I've never been one for patience though ;)

Also, with War Front being bay and Zenny dark bay, is this foal a guaranteed (dark) bay? I'm no expert on genetics, but I've always found them to be quite interesting :)
  • RachelRachel Member
    yes it will be dark bay with lots of chrome
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited June 2013
    according to True Nicks the mating of Zenyatta and War Front is an A++ no inbreeding til the 5th and 6th generations back
  • tanzatanza Member
    Typical carrying time around 11 months for mares. She would have been bred May 9th? think that is right, so early to mid April
  • RachelRachel Member
    oh my goodness....the things people are saying over this new foal. this baby should be named Chaos. people are VERY upset about her being bred again but good lord its only her 3rd foal in 3 years. and they are getting her confused with RA. people just dont understand and refuse to understand even after they have been told time and time again that she is not being overbred.
  • Well, let's hope that truenicks' rating holds true when this foal hits the track.
  • You may have heard this before....'you can't fix stupid'....horses are not people.
    I would be concerned about a adult, rational woman having a baby 3 years in a row...we're not supposed to do that, physically or mentally. But mares usually LOVE having their babies and with the longer pregnancy, they can actually recover a bit while in the early stages of a subsequent 'bun/oven event'.
    Zenny, RA and most of the mares belonging to the responsible farms and owners will be fine.
  • I believe you, rachel! I don't think the owners would harm their most precious and valuable horse, either. I'm sure not a horse expert, but I'm trying to learn. :) :)

If it's a filly, they could name her 'Xena'.... or 'Warrior Princess'. ;)
  • RachelRachel Member
    ooo Xena would be pretty
  • RachelRachel Member
    if anyone is a baby machine it is Mrs Duggar...she just had another baby after having 18 children...so what this is #19? her oldest is 25 years old
  • edited June 2013
    I was thinking Zeppelin, Blitzkrieg, or Radioactive if it's a colt. Amazon Queen or Amazonian if it's a filly.
  • RachelRachel Member
    War Front has Man O War on both sides of his pedigree waaaay back
  • Am I the only one trying so hard to resist the urge to create a "Waiting Room" discussion right NOW? lol yeah I thought so >_> ... I've never been one for patience though ;)

Also, with War Front being bay and Zenny dark bay, is this foal a guaranteed (dark) bay? I'm no expert on genetics, but I've always found them to be quite interesting :)
    The foal could be either. War Front has both bay and dark bay offspring. He has no chestnut offspring, though, so no red baby this time.
  • edited June 2013
    Am I the only one trying so hard to resist the urge to create a "Waiting Room" discussion right NOW? lol yeah I thought so >_> ... I've never been one for patience though ;)

And what about:
    What's the best name for 14Z? I think a good starting point might be coming up with a name that's a take on a well known War Novel.

All this and it is only 37 days!
  • Based on calculations from AnneB (who used a May 8 breeding date) I’ve marked my calendar with dates between April 4th and April 19th.

Now Think Pink!