ROYAL ASCOT June 18-22 2013

Ann_MareeAnn_Maree Member

photo RoyalAscotlogo4_zps0f32cdd2.jpg

ROYAL ASCOT - TUE JUNE 18 THRU SAT JUNE 22, at Ascot Racecourse. Host to probably the most prestigious of racing meets anywhere in the world, Ascot Racecourse was founded in 1711 by Queen Anne. Today, the 5-day meeting is comprised of about 18 graded stakes, along with a handful of listed races, ranging from sprints to 3 mile marathons. The pomp and circumstance that is associated with the English monarchy is in full view even today as it has been for over 300 years. One of the highlights each day is the arrival of the Queen and her entourage in her horse-drawn carriage. A strict dress code is enforced (see link at blog for more on all of the pageantry and strict attention to "proper" attire and behavior). If you saw the movie, My Fair Lady, think back on the scenes at Royal Ascot and the gorgeous costumes and strict formal attire, and you have it. Things really haven't changed all that much, though I do believe colors other than black and white are allowed!

Abigail Anderson and I have teamed up to put together an interesting and comprehensive package of racing information and event coverage. Her site, THE VAULT: Horse racing past and present, will focus on the detais, such as the horses and their connections, plus she has some historical background. My part is the nuts and bolts, links to the important web sites, and easy access to the racing cards, times, etc. Don't worry if you don't have access to live coverage of the event. We have included places where you may be able to view replays immediately following a race. As we move through each day, we will try to post replays when they become available. So, come along for a fun week of one of the most prestigious racing events in the world. Pip, pip! Tally-ho! Let's go to the races!
Here is a link to my blog, which includes a link also to Abigail's coverage: http://letsgototheraces.blogspot.com/2013/06/royal-ascot.html

Comments

• Oh wow, thank you Ann Maree and Abigail! This is exciting and fun stuff!
  • RachelRachel Member
    Oooh I love the picture
  • What a beautiful picture!
  • Thanks for the info. What a great idea!
  • I like that picture too! Just elegant....
  • Makes me wish I could be there to see it all.
  • KetaKeta Member
    St James’s Palace Stakes 2013
    RACE REPLAY VIDEO
    AtTheRacesUK Published on Jun 18, 2013
    Dawn Approach just got the better of Toronado in a titanic battle to the line
    to score in the St James’s Palace Stakes.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Race Replay: Queen Anne Stakes, Ascot, 18-06-13
    racingpost.com Published on Jun 18, 2013
    Declaration Of War gets the Royal meeting off to a great start for Ballydoyle
    as the hot favourite Animal Kingdom beats one home

Keta Note:Declaration of War (KY) B , C, foaled April 29, 2009
    ( War Front - Tempo West, by Rahy)
  • KetaKeta Member
    RP Bloodstock ‏tweet
    After Declaration Of War’s win, a big Royal Ascot double for Claiborne Farm
    sire War Front as War Command hoses up in the Coventry Stakes.
    Tom Hall ‏tweet
    Ky-based War Front (Danzig) sires 2nd GSW at Royal Ascot as
    War Command, 2yo c o/o Red Ransom mare Wandering Star, wins gr2 Coventry S
    Stephen Heath tweet
    Jeez! War Front now has the holy grail of transatlantic demand #cash
  • RachelRachel Member
  • Ann_MareeAnn_Maree Member
    edited June 2013
    I have posted all of the race replays from today, plus the Full result, along with the card for each race. Check out my blog and scroll down to "2013 Royal Ascot Race Replays" section. http://www.letsgototheraces.blogspot.com/2013/06/royal-ascot.html

Really some great races today. Probably the biggest news, aside from Animal Kingdom's disappointing showing, is Zenyatta's baby daddy, War Front, had two of his sons win races today: Declaration of War, won the Queen Anne; and War Command won the Coventry, a race for two year olds. Yea-a-a-a War Front!!

4 more days of Royal Ascot. If you can't watch "live", I'm posting the race replays at my blog just as soon as they come up.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Graham Motion ‏tweets Update on Animal Kingdom Evening Tues. June 18 2013
    AK is back in his stall tonight doing well.
    There was no fairy tail ending but no one said racing was meant to be easy.
    We've had a great run

• RachelRachel Member
    Sweet Emma Rose (american based) takes second in the Queen Mary Stakes, she would of won it if not for a late surge by the winner
  • RachelRachel Member
    a look-see at the hats, i LOOOOVE the pheasant tail one, gorgeous! compliments her outfit and her eyes. she did good on that one.

http://news.yahoo.com/lightbox/royal-ascot-2013-1371585811-slideshow/katz-her-photograph-taken-police-officers-second-day-photo-132639899.html
  • For those who might like to catch up on Tuesday and Wednesday's racing action at Royal Ascot, I have posted the results and the race replays all lined up to easily watch each race, and you have access to see the names of the horses in the field, as well as the comments on each horse's trip in the Racing Post report. Scroll down to "2013 Royal Ascot - Race Replays". http://letsgototheraces.blogspot.com/2013/06/royal-ascot.html

There are 3 days left -- check it out!
  • RachelRachel Member
    Joel Rosario won at Royal Ascot! and the Queen has won a race! yall are missing some great action today in here, ill try to find the replays.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Joel Rosario on No Nay Never's record breaking win for Wesley Ward!

• RachelRachel Member
    Riposte wins it for Lady Jane Cecil and the late Sir Henry Cecil!

• DAY THREE COMPLETED. ALL THREE DAYS OF RACING ARE POSTED AT MY BLOG, including RACE REPLAYS, FULL RESULTS, etc. http://letsgototheraces.blogspot.com/2013/06/royal-ascot.html
  • RachelRachel Member
    the whole grandstand shook when the Queen's filly Estimate won the 2 1/2 mile Gold Cup against the boys! might need to turn volume up

• LyndaKLyndaK Member
    Rachel wrote Joel Rosario on No Nay Never's record breaking win for Wesley Ward!

Storm Cat top and Gone West bottom!
  • RachelRachel Member
    No Nay Never is by Scat Daddy lol, still a nice pedigree but one hell of a pedigree if he had Storm Cat in him x.x
  • KetaKeta Member
    Royal Ascot: Ribblesdale Press Conference
    Posted: June 20, 2013 Duration: 2:42 The Blood-Horse Videos
    Jockey Tom Queally comments on his victory aboard Riposte in the Ribblesdale.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/videos/12701/royal-ascot-ribblesdale-press-conference?section=international
    Channel 4 Racing ‏tweet
    “That was for Henry, the Prince and all the staff at Warren Place”
    A very emotional Lady Cecil after her #RoyalAscot Ribblesdale success.
    Keta Note: There are several interviews on the same page including a short one
    with Joel Rosario!
  • KetaKeta Member
    G2 winner Hillstar heads great Royal Ascot day for Danehill Dancer
    (21st June 2013) Coolmore News
    Hillstar (3c Danehill Dancer-Crystal Star, by Mark Of Esteem) looked an exciting prospect when finishing with a late sail to head a 1-2-3 for Coolmore sires in the G2 King Edward VII Stakes under Ryan Moore.
    Trainer Sir Michael Stoute felt that the Danehill Dancer colt was due a change of fortune after two earlier luckless starts this season.
    “We had him in the Derby and we had him in the Irish Derby but his first two races this year just haven’t gone right,” said Stoute. “At Newbury, what would have been the pacemaker was withdrawn and he hit the gate too well and was too keen. We dropped him out today to make sure he didn’t do that again. The lady the bred him (Renee Robeson) has always adored him. Ryan was very good today.”
    http://www.coolmore.com/g2-winner-hillstar-heads-great-royal-ascot-day-for-danehill-dancer/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
  • KetaKeta Member
    From Coolmore News article
    A great day for Danehill Dancer continued when the veteran Forgotten Voice
    (8g Danehill Dancer-Asnieres, by Spend A Buck) returned to the scene of his
    2009 Royal Hunt Cup victory to win the Listed Wolferton Handicap.

The pair were scoring after Danehill Dancer was responsible for the G2 Duke Of Cambridge Stakes winner Duntle (4f Danehill Dancer-Lady Angola, by Lord At War).