Why Tapit? Why Bernardini? Top Sire List

KetaKeta Member
edited March 2012 in Zenyatta
Zenyatta & Rachel Alexandra are being bred to the best of the best.

The link below gives all the information on the 2012 Leading Stallions.
It is a wealth of facts. Also, you can look up an individual stallion.
These are also the Leaders in the World List.
Yes, you can look up by surface-dirt etc.

Here is list of KY Breeding Sires—All Surface
Tapit is Number 1
Giant Causeway 2
Bernardini 3
Street Cry 4
Speightstown 5

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/breeding/sire-list.aspx?stallion_no=4823628&I=Kentucky#

Comments

• This is interesting .I think that Zennie will have different studs. Once a certain mating really clinks, the foal growing up to be a great racing horse, they may stay with one stud. Hey, if it is a great match you have hit the jackpot.. Sherry
  • Wow there are some I thought would be higher
  • Well if you have the money....Why NOT breed the best to the best??
  • I agree but it is what horse would be best to add to improve the lines through her you wouldnt breed a slow but good distance horse to another with the same ability
  • A Tapit colt just sold for $1 million, and a Bernardini colt for $875,000 at the Fasig-Tipton auction today. These are the top two prices so far. Only the BEST for the Queen, not that HER babies would EVER be sold, of course.

Article:
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/68381/tapit-colt-brings-1-million-at-ft-sale

Auction Live:
    http://www.fasigtipton.com/fasig-tiptontv/StreamingVideo.php?r=lv

Such an interesting industry!

Happy Monday to Queen Z.
  • wow
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • that'd be great
  • KetaKeta Member
    A Tapit colt just sold for $1 million, and a Bernardini colt for $875,000 at the Fasig-Tipton auction today. These are the top two prices so far. Only the BEST for the Queen, not that HER babies would EVER be sold, of course.

Just on Twitter:
    Hip No. 51, Tapit -- Liberty Flag colt, bought by Black Rock Thoroughbreds for $1 million.
  • KetaKeta Member
    On Twitter from Fasig-Tipton auction
    $875,000 Bernardini-Jolie Boutique x Northern Jove colt to John Ferguson
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Zenyatta & Rachel Alexandra are being bred to the best of the best.

The link below gives all the information on the 2012 Leading Stallions.
    It is a wealth of facts. Also, you can look up an individual stallion.
    These are also the Leaders in the World List.
    Yes, you can look up by surface-dirt etc.

Here is list of KY Breeding Sires—All Surface
    Tapit is Number 1
    Giant Causeway 2
    Bernardini 3
    Street Cry 4
    Speightstown 5

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/breeding/sire-list.aspx?stallion_no=4823628&I=Kentucky#
    hi keta
    just read the list....
    considering Hat Trick has Howe Great running here and Darbinsim(?) as the 2yr old champion in Europe last yr....thought he would make the list....go figure

• KetaKeta Member
    Big Brown colt to Coolmore connections for $1.3-million

Posted: Monday, March 26, 2012 4:33 PM
    by Joe Nevills Thoroughbred Times

As the sale prepared to draw to a close, a Big Brown colt became the new topper, leaving the ring to bloodstock adviser Demi O’Byrne for $1.3-million at the Fasig-Tipton Florida sale of selected two-year-olds in training.

The bay colt is out of winning Silver Ghost mare Cool Ghoul, who is the dam of three winners from as many starters, including multiple stakes winner Dagnabit and stakes-placed winner Bad Boy Rising. Notable family members include Grade 1 winner Single Blade and Grade 2 winner Comeonmom.

Consigned by Wavertee Stables, agent, the colt breezed one furlong in :10.20 at the presale under-tack show, tied for the second-fastest time at the distance for the sale.

• I expect one day Barbara Banke will breed Rachel to Tapit. Lets not forget, he is a number one sire. I don't know what that nick would be but I think it would be an interesting cross.
  • Sorry for my ignorance,but what does truenick mean?
  • I bet baby Z can't walk under mom anymore, he's growing like a weed. no wonder they wean by five months old.
    Hi Melissa,

I asked the same question. It was answered by LegendsDancer. It's on March 22 on the Lane's End thread. I tried to copy and paste it here, but it was too long to copy and wouldn't let me copy below the displayed page. Hope you can find it.
  • I was hoping that she would get bred to Malibu Moon by AP Indy. He really is doing great and has an A++ if mated with Zenny. Maybe next year.
  • maybe, there are a lot of good choices but currently its jumping the gun some, she still has to be sent to Tapit before a decision over a year away is finalized, and it is still a way off before they'll need to think of who will be next

Hi Melissa,

I asked the same question. It was answered by LegendsDancer. It's on March 22 on the Lane's End thread. I tried to copy and paste it here, but it was too long to copy and wouldn't let me copy below the displayed page. Hope you can find it.
    Thanks, looking it up now.
  • WOW! Hope that Mrs. Z finds a nick soon, and we could possibly have a new Triple Crown/Triple Tiara winner! I know it might be far fetched, but we need those winners!
  • ya that'd be cool but also I hope they don't send her to AP Indy, horses sired by him mature slowly and don't usually win until about 3 or 4 sometimes later, Z didn't race until she was 3 and the fact she raced so long shows she was also from a line of slow bloomers AP was a great horse no doubt but as far as a racing career it would be late
  • ya that'd be cool but also I hope they don't send her to AP Indy, horses sired by him mature slowly and don't usually win until about 3 or 4 sometimes later, Z didn't race until she was 3 and the fact she raced so long shows she was also from a line of slow bloomers AP was a great horse no doubt but as far as a racing career it would be late
    AP Indy has been pensioned. He was retired last year due to infertility. His current job is to greet fans, run aroundhis paddock, and be a Grand Old Man.

Zenyatta's first two foals will be by AP Indy-line stallions, however. Bernardini, sire of Z12, is AP Indy's son. Tapit, her next date, is AP Indy's grandson.

Zenyatta didn't race until late because of her size. It took her a while to grow into her body.