Z's future "boyfriends"

SummerizeSummerize Member
edited March 2012 in Zenyatta
Who do you think will be after Tapit?

Comments

• KetaKeta Member
    See Discussion: Why Tapit? Why Bernardini? Top Sire List
    Candidates have come from this list.
    Future candidates will probably come from this list.
    Zenyatta isn't even in foal yet to Tapit.
    Still have a ways to go before the next one.
  • I mean she is booked to Tapit but who would be next
  • I saw those as well but those are limited outside those is what I'm talking about
  • Something to consider. Dynaformer is not a great looking stallion but his offspring are tough. He wasn't even really all that fashionable until Barbaro won the Derby? Now even though Dynada is almost infertile and is 27 years young his fee has been 150,000 dollars.

So even though stallion A may not be a great today--that possibly could change over time. Ot saying it will just saying the possibility exists.
  • well I read bernadini is gonna hook up with Rachel Alexander yipesssssssss
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    bernie and rachel
    bernie and blind luck
    bernie and everybody?????
    got to get some diverse genes in from somewhere....right
  • well his breeding to Z increased his popularity, my aunt who breeds thoroughbreds said "People must see something there, if he's good enough to breed to the queen he's good enough for anyone"
  • well I read bernadini is gonna hook up with Rachel Alexander yipesssssssss
    They have already meet and Rachel is in foal.

• Something to consider. Dynaformer is not a great looking stallion but his offspring are tough. He wasn't even really all that fashionable until Barbaro won the Derby? Now even though Dynada is almost infertile and is 27 years young his fee has been 150,000 dollars.

So even though stallion A may not be a great today--that possibly could change over time. Ot saying it will just saying the possibility exists.
    I agree Dyanformer is not very good looking. Also, I have heard from many places that he is VERY rough on the mares and bites them. He is tall too so would not match up well with Z. I would however love to see her next "date" be with Tasty and Rachel Alexandra's daddy Medaglia d'Oro. He is a looker.

• EriNCEriNC Member
    I would like to see her bred to Giants Causeway, and breeders I have asked out of curiosity said to would be a good match... I just liked it because of the name possibilities like CauseZensaGiant
  • I would like to see her bred to Giants Causeway, and breeders I have asked out of curiosity said to would be a good match... I just liked it because of the name possibilities like CauseZensaGiant
    LOVE the name. :o)

• haha me to love that name
  • Why do the people that handle Dyanformer allow him to treat the mares like this. These breeding facilities are supposedly very controlled for the safety of all.
  • Why do the people that handle Dyanformer allow him to treat the mares like this. These breeding facilities are supposedly very controlled for the safety of all.
    They have protective gear on his face so he can't bite females when he is bred.
    But I don't think that the Mosses would want Dynaformer anywhere near their beloved Zenyatta; I am sure that they want to breed to stallions with the same sweet temperment as Zenny. He is the only stallion at Three Chimneys Farm who is not ridden as he is too vicious and ill tempered. One of their employees is missing a finger due to Dynaformer.
  • TerriZTerriZ Member
    edited March 2012
    I think the perfect mate for Zenny will eventually be Union Rags, even though he is her same size. And his line is fast developing while Zenny's family matures more slowly. Thus, he ran successfully as a 2 year old and Zenny did not start running until after she was 3.
    Interestingly enough, Union Rags sire is Dixie Union and his grand sire is Dixieland Band. Both stood at Lanes End and their line was bred by Mr. Will Farrish's in-laws. Dixieland Band was one of three stallions who first stood at Lane's End. And Union Rag's dam, Tempo, was a daughter of Gone West. Gone West (out of Secrettame--Secretariat's daughter and Mr. Prospector) was responsible for such wonderful horses as Elusive Quality and his sons Smarty Jones, Raven's Pass, and Quality Road. Awesome Feather's dam is from the Gone West line and she is currently undefeated. Speightstown, Mr. Greely, Brillant Speed, and Haynesfield are also from Gone West. Current Derby hopeful, Mark Valeski, is out of Proud Citizen another son of Gone West.
  • TerriZ--very interesting info; thanks! I might also add that Union Rags is very handsome; I too think he might be a good match for Zen someday.
    As to Dynaformers temperment...if he is such an ill-tempered beast, why in in world would anybody want to perpetuate this in their breeding line? True, some breeders are not in the game for the long haul so maybe they don't care so much about this or they don't think the trait is as important as some of his better qualities. There are lots of studs to choose from; personally I'd pass by a bad temperment.
  • TerriZ--very interesting info; thanks! I might also add that Union Rags is very handsome; I too think he might be a good match for Zen someday.
    As to Dynaformers temperment...if he is such an ill-tempered beast, why in in world would anybody want to perpetuate this in their breeding line? True, some breeders are not in the game for the long haul so maybe they don't care so much about this or they don't think the trait is as important as some of his better qualities. There are lots of studs to choose from; personally I'd pass by a bad temperment.
    Thanks Joanna, I'm in complete agreement with you. Union Rags has a sweet temperment, is easy going, competitive, very fast, and very smart as well as handsome; he is Prince Charming for Queen Z.
    I don't think there are many mistakes in the universe. Zenyatta ended up at Lane's End where Dixieland Band started his stud career. Wouldn't it be something if she ended up "married" (only one mate) to Union Rags. Even if Mr. Will Farrish didn't make a penny with the mating, I know he would be proud. Statues of Dixieland Band and Dixie Union stand at Lane's End.
    Best wishes, Terri
  • UR has something else to, Z has stamina that is breath taking but UR has speed through the race, he's not a stretch runner, he tends to hold midpack then at the 1/8 or 1/16 kicks up an amazing burst and over takes most of his opponents, compared to Z who hangs back then in the last 3/16 or 1/4 picks everyone off in the stretch but due to how far back she hangs she can go 40+ mph and win by about 1 length or so each time, so if you take Z's stamina and take UR's running style you'd get a remarkable horse
  • I think the perfect mate for Zenny will eventually be Union Rags, even though he is her same size. And his line is fast developing while Zenny's family matures more slowly. Thus, he ran successfully as a 2 year old and Zenny did not start running until after she was 3.
    Interestingly enough, Union Rags sire is Dixie Union and his grand sire is Dixieland Band.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Zenyatta eventually goes to Union Rags in the future. The Mosses have a Dixie Union filly (Sister Moon!) who's done very well for herself and since Dixie Union is no longer with us, going to his son would be reasonable.

My guess is, the Mosses will breed to horses that they like, and if the crosses are good matches on paper. They're breeding for their own racing string, rather than breeding for the sales ring, so they don't really need to go with the "commercially" popular stallions for the big $$$.
  • I have to say there are alot of studs with bad manners. horses need to be taught what is allowed and what isnt. If you read about stallions yoou would see how many have manners problem. I dont think that this would be a problem in the offspring. Training is the key and the sooner a foal learns their lessons the better..Sherry
  • many breeders look less at temperment and manners and more at what the stallion has to offer
  • Consider that there is a difference between 'bad temperment' and 'bad habit/bad manners'. There are horses who are just plain mean, just like there are people who are best not on the planet. If the issue is bad manners, then of course this isn't going to pass to progeny but if the problem is a mental issue, then it's a trait that could pass down the line. Like I said earlier, there are lots of really good studs out there and if a breeder (mare's owner) is concerned about temperment and the other qualities of the stud are in line with what you want, pick one that shows he might have a brain in his head :))))
  • Yup I get that some people were talking about manners and some temperament thought putting the two together would be easier
  • AlexAlex Member
    I say Afleet Alex.
  • Why not have good manners, a great temperment, speed, intelligence, a sweet personality, great conformation and pedigree, and stamina all in one horse?
    I don't think that the Mosses would want a mean horse to hurt Zenny in breeding with her, she is too special to them. Jerry Moss has said that they want her to find breeding a pleasant experience. She is their thoroughbred daughter and is much more than a breeding mare to them.