Comments

• Look at Stonestreet Facebook pictures. This is a pix of Jess's Dream.
  • This is somewhat confusing..Look at Stonestreet facebook pages, then photos. See the one with Jess's Dream, both running and standing? Is the pix above posted by Erinc Rachels new baby, or Jess's Dream? What do you all think? Rachels filly would be 4 months old plus now.
  • This is not Jess's Dream the star is not the same so I guess it is RA13
  • whoever it is, he/she sure is sturdy looking. Love the heart on her forehead.
  • This is indeed RA13, this photo was posted on Stonestreet's facebook page.
  • RachelRachel Member
    to tell the difference, JD has a star similar to RA's star and RA13 has a heart star thats sort of looking like a butt now lol xD
  • SaraTSaraT Member
    She's so gorgeous and just looks SWEET!
  • She is similar to Coz in size although I do think at this stage she looks better than Coz did at that age.
  • RachelRachel Member
    well of course, Coz was going through the awkward stage and he has a longer maturing mother which in turn makes him longer maturing so he was all over the place in confirmation but hes turned out fine now. cant really compare the two cuz they are two different horses from two different parents
  • Yeah I know but as far as young Bernardini foals go RA13 (or Heart as i call her) seems to be the best looking for her age.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited June 2013
    its cuz she looks like RA
  • RA13 has 'pet' names of Valentine or Daisy. I call her Val. And she is gorgeous, and she is big...both attributes are not new. I'm just glad she looks so feminine in the face. I can see Rachel there....Bernie was no slouch in the looks department either.
  • Rachel and Bernardini are both gorgeous, I think!
  • What a lovely filly! Can't wait to watch her mature even more!!!! Good job Bernie and RA!!!!!!
  • His left front doesn't look right....a bit over at the knee
  • RachelRachel Member
    Yea ive noticed that too, he is over at the knee but despite that he still looks good and he will grow out of that once he gets older
  • That can be fixed with ferrier work as well, I wouldn't worry too much about it. What I find confusing is the position of his shoulders, it makes his carriage strange.... Kind of reminds me of the Tennessee Walking Horses, but not like a thoroughbred. However, I'm still excited about his racing career!
  • I looked thru all of those WONDERFUL foal pictures of some well known runners that I think it was Rachel who posted. Some of them had that 'over at the knee' look as babies. I believe Taco can/will outgrow that and maybe farrier work will help too. I don't quite see a shoulder problem but I'm no expert! Taco is a handsome young colt. Yes, will be fun to see how they all turn out.
  • At approx 18 months old, not sure just how much a farrier can influence the leg. What they do is very gradual and I'm quite sure that the farrier has been trying to correct it from early on, but I don't agree that this can be fixed completely with just shoeing. Over at the knees will cause a number of problems including tendon and ligament issues.
  • His shoulder is just NON existant! There's no definite shoulder, his neck just slopes straight into his body.... Makes him look like a goose in my opinion. However, that doesn't mean he won't be a good racehorse.
  • Right front looks clubbed. Bad legs didn't keep Sea Biscuit from winning, just saying that Taco has some issues. Agree about shoulder, RR.
  • Seabiscuit had a clubbed foot as well, but is revered as a hero.
  • RachelRachel Member
    well sometimes the best of the best doesnt always end up a great pairing. hopefully we can have a Seabiscuit/Seattle Slew ugly duckling story for the ages again
  • Seabiscuit had a clubbed foot as well, but is revered as a hero.
    Yup