Eblouissante

EriNCEriNC Member
Is everything ok with Ebby? her facebook page hasnt been updated since March 11.

Comments

• Good question. Has she started racing yet?
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    no but they have been updating about every week her training times but nothing has been posted since the 11th
  • Per Equibase, she had a workout on Mar 21st, 5 furlongs in 1:01.80
  • Can't wait to see Ebby run! She looks so much like Queen Z.
  • Maybe a nice tip for people wanting to follow horses who are currently in training/racing; there is a service called Virtual Stable, provided by Equibase.
    Registering is free and it's very easy. You can add horses, trainers, even jockeys to your "stable". When a horse has a workout, is entered to race or has run a race, you get an email. The same for trainers and jockeys (minus the workouts obviously ;))
    If you out Ebby in there, you will get an email for each workout and you will find when and where she will be entered to race.

I have over 50 horses that I keep track of this way.
    Zenyatta is still in there, can't bring myself to remove her ;)

Here's the link; http://www.equibase.com/virtual1-noseries.html
  • thanks I'll check it out
  • Thanks for the link to equibase. Just signed up. Looks like a fun way to follow horses.
  • Thanks!
  • http://www.facebook.com/Backside55?v=wall

Hi Everyone - Sometimes the Backside 55 Facebook page has updates on John's horses he has in training - check this out if you have not already seen it.
    Thank you,
    G
  • You might also check in at John's YouTube channel....he posts training videos sometimes. His channel is: jonshfs05 So, at YouTube, just type in his "handle" and you will get all of his videos, including those done this year.
  • Do the Moss's own Ebby?
    Dear Cindyc:

No Mr. Eric Kronfeld owns Eblouissante. He used to own Vertigineux, Z's Dam, but he sold her and he sold Z at Auction. That's when David Ingordo, Dottie's son, recommended the Moss' buy her. He is trying to produce a full sibling to Zenyatta by breeding Vertigineux back to Street Cry. A mating between the two in 2011 did not result in a pregnancy. Vertigineux is supposed to be bred back to Street Cry again this year. Virtigineux is 17 years old. Hugs, JB

Dear Cindyc:

No Mr. Eric Kronfeld owns Eblouissante. He used to own Vertigineux, Z's Dam, but he sold her and he sold Z at Auction. That's when David Ingordo, Dottie's son, recommended the Moss' buy her. He is trying to produce a full sibling to Zenyatta by breeding Vertigineux back to Street Cry. A mating between the two in 2011 did not result in a pregnancy. Vertigineux is supposed to be bred back to Street Cry again this year. Virtigineux is 17 years old. Hugs, JB
    I read that Vertigineux went back to Street Cry probably about a mth ago so we may be hearing something soon if she is in foal or not.
  • FWIW, neither Eric Kronfeld nor David Ingordo has anything to do with re-breeding Vertigineux to Street Cry. Vertigineux is now owned by people with connections to Coolmore and is boarded at Coolmore.
  • Ebby worked out today!

Eblouissante (3-Year-Old Filly)

Date: March 28, 2012
    Track: HOLLYWOOD PARK
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 1.01:00 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: All Weather Track

You can sign up for these notices via virtual stable at equibase. It's a great thing - keeps you in touch with your favorite trainers, jockeys, horses.

~~HH
  • not fully amazing but good early season workout
  • You can sign up for these notices via virtual stable at equibase. It's a great thing - keeps you in touch with your favorite trainers, jockeys, horses.

~~HH

I just signed up for this yesterday. It's really cool & a great way to keep up with your favorites.
  • TatiaTatia Member
    Love my virtual stable. Really helps me keep up w/ horses I want to watch. It can also send emails about specific types of races ( stakes or graded stakes, etc.)
    Ebby is now 3 & hasn't raced. I suspect she may be like Z & is going to take her time developing.
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    I signed up for the equibase virtual stable and also recieve an email for when triple crown contenders work out Ebby's times are right with them and in some cases better than them for the distance.
  • I really enjoy the virtual stable at Equibase. You can add your own comments horses that you are watching and keep abreast of action all across the country. It's really fun.
  • LegendsDancerLegendsDancer Member
    edited March 2012
    FWIW, neither Eric Kronfeld nor David Ingordo has anything to do with re-breeding Vertigineux to Street Cry. Vertigineux is now owned by people with connections to Coolmore and is boarded at Coolmore.
    Dear Laura J:

I correct myself. Should have said "They" are trying to produce a full sibling to Zenyatta meaning Vertigineux's (Coolmore) and Street Cry's (Darley) owners. You are correct, neither Mr. Kronfeld or David Ingordo have any connection to Vertigineux. Mr. Kronfeld did once own her and Zenyatta and David Ingordo did recommend the Moss' buy her when Mr. Kronfeld put Z up for sale at auction. Hugs, JB
  • candicandi Member
    I think it's time to give a rest for vertigineux's, she is 17 years she's been pregnant for many years.They made profit enough for her. She need to enjoy her life now hope the ouner have enough saving for her retirement to taking care her in return.
  • I think it's time to give a rest for vertigineux's, she is 17 years she's been pregnant for many years.They made profit enough for her. She need to enjoy her life now hope the ouner have enough saving for her retirement to taking care her in return.
    Dear Candi:

The fact that she wasn't able to conceive last year might be a sign that her body was in need of a rest. She has missed other years having a foal as well. Don't know if it was not being bred in those years or just not resulting in a pregnancy. I'm always concerned for older mares. Hugs, JB

• I had read somewhere that Mr Kronfeld has a provision in sales contract to Coolmore that Vertigineau would come back to his farm to be buried next to her mother. Dont know if that means at pension time or strictly for burial. Anyone else hear that?
  • I had read somewhere that Mr Kronfeld has a provision in sales contract to Coolmore that Vertigineau would come back to his farm to be buried next to her mother. Dont know if that means at pension time or strictly for burial. Anyone else hear that?
    Dear Sue:

I do remember reading that. Will see if I can find the article. Don't remember if it was when she is retired as a broodmare or for burial. Hugs, JB