Eblouissante

Comments

• LegendsDancerLegendsDancer Member
    edited March 2012
    I had read somewhere that Mr Kronfeld has a provision in sales contract to Coolmore that Vertigineau would come back to his farm to be buried next to her mother. Dont know if that means at pension time or strictly for burial. Anyone else hear that?

Dear Sue:

I do remember reading that. Will see if I can find the article. Don't remember if it was when she is retired as a broodmare or for burial. Hugs, JB
    Dear Sue and All:

Here's the article that mentions Vertigineux will return to Winter Quarter Farm for burial. It's the next to the last paragraph. The whole article is a great read and very informative on Z's history. Hugs, JB
    http://community.tvg.com/t5/History-and-Photos/Fond-memories-of-Zenyatta-s-family/td-p/250635

• I too get concerned for the older mares, but then I also think of a show jumper named Halla. She was (I believe) ridden by a member of the German Olympic team. Anyway, she had her first foal as a "senior" mare at the age of 16 if I recall that correctly. Zenyatta's dam will most likely have one or two more foals and then have her real retirement. Regardless of who owns her, they might get a full sister or brother to Zenyatta, but they will never get another Zenyatta. Just look at Barbaro's siblings.
  • Dear Sue and all Z's friends. Thank you so much for the wonderful article from TVG.COM Such wonderful background on Z's family.
  • I had a mare that foaled well into her 20s. It's individual and decided by the mare's overall well being. They love their babies. After Amira could no longer have her own, she was a great Auntie to the babies.
  • I sure hope that Vertigineax will have the opportunity to live out her life after she is finished being used as a broodmare.
  • The article mentioned Eblouissante who is an absolutely gorgeous horse. I love hearing about her, and reading about her, but I'm concerned too that there hasn't been anything on her blog. However, having a site to go to will allow me to keep up with her work. thanks, I think she's going to be a good racer. John S will know when to start her on the track. Interesting that larger horses take a longer time to get there, but looking back on Zenyatta is sure is worth it.
  • Eby worked today 5 F 102.60
  • KetaKeta Member
    On Facebook today Thursday
    Eblouissante
    I breezed Five Furlongs in 1.02:60 Handily today at Hollywood Park.
    My work was the 15th fastest among 22 horses working the distance on a fast track.

Santa Anita News in Daily Racing Forum
    There was no disruption to training at Hollywood Park, which has a Cushion Track synthetic surface. Among the workers there was the unraced 3-year-old filly Eblouissante, a half-sister to 2010 Horse of the Year Zenyatta.

Trained like Zenyatta by John Shirreffs, Eblouissante worked five furlongs from the gate in 1:02.60. Shirreffs said last month that Eblouissante could make her career debut at Hollywood Park in coming weeks.
  • John Shirreffs reported this week that Eblouissante will be racing during the Hollywood Park meeting which starts on 4-26-12 so watch for her 1st start, I can't wait!
  • I will be there if at all possible!!!
  • Ebby works:

Eblouissante (3-Year-Old Filly)

Date: April 18, 2012
    Track: HOLLYWOOD PARK
    Distance: Six Furlongs
    Time: 1.16:00 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: All Weather Track
  • Does anyone know or have heard this, but I read somewhere that Zenny's mom and dad would not be bred together ever again due to the two owners not getting along?? Or now that she is sold, can it happen now? It would be cool to have a full sibling, but talk about pressure on a colt or filly!
    Inquiring minds want to know......LOL :)
  • Does anyone know or have heard this, but I read somewhere that Zenny's mom and dad would not be bred together ever again due to the two owners not getting along?? Or now that she is sold, can it happen now? It would be cool to have a full sibling, but talk about pressure on a colt or filly!
    Inquiring minds want to know......LOL :)
    Yes that was true but just the thought of another Zenyatta can bring "peace" I guess. Vertigenux is owned by Coolmore connections and Street Cry is at Darley. The two do not have a good relationship but apparently had put some things aside just to hope to get anything close to Zenyatta. V was sent to Street Cry last year but it did not take. I did read somewhere that V was sent back to Street Cry around the end of Feb 2012 so we should be hearing something in the next few months if she is in foal with a full sibling to Z. I don't expect it to be anything close to Zenyatta but just the thought of a full sibling to the Queen is exciting.

• John Shirreffs reported this week that Eblouissante will be racing during the Hollywood Park meeting which starts on 4-26-12 so watch for her 1st start, I can't wait!
    I read earlier, that there is a rumor that she's starting the 26th. I don't know how true that is but, where did you hear or see that John said that? Thanks! I don't want to miss her debut.
  • kurtkurt Member
    curious about her works, none of them seem overly impressive and bernardini is definitly, thus far, been a sire whos colts run better then his fillys..not sure ive even seen a bernie filly..am i imagining this, or was Z not a great worker(on paper) either?
    feedback is welcome
  • It is so exciting to think we might see Eblouissante in her debut race soon! The workout notice was in my virtual stable email today also, but no not a very fast work. It seems like some trainers want them to work really hard and fast and others seem to prefer slower works at a greater distance, but I'm definitely not going to try to outguess John Shirreffs - lol!
  • Good luck Eblouissante, in your upcoming racing debut. She is so gorgeous, if she doesn't make it in racing, she would make a wonderful show horse. I wish her well in her racing career, and hope she stays well and sound.
  • curious about her works, none of them seem overly impressive and bernardini is definitly, thus far, been a sire whos colts run better then his fillys..not sure ive even seen a bernie filly..am i imagining this, or was Z not a great worker(on paper) either?
    feedback is welcome
    I guess we'll see. You're right that most of Ebby's workouts have been average. It's entirely possible that this is deliberate, but again, maybe not. I don't know about Zenyatta's works, but she was THE buzz horse in Shirreff's barn. I wonder what people are saying about Ebby?

I can think of at least one good Bernie filly--the brilliant juvenile AZ Warrior. I wonder what happened to her?
  • AmandaFAmandaF Member
    edited April 2012
    I looked up Z's workouts for the year or so before she started racing and she had some slow times but then would have really good ones. For those of you that would like to compare you can look up these by going to calracing.com click on workouts and you just need to put the horses name and the date ranges you want to look at and it gives you all of them. We have to remember also that Zenyatta did not race until Nov of her 3 yr old year, Ebby may just not be ready yet.

www.calracing.com
  • Eblouissante 04/18/2012 HOL Fast All Weathe 6.0 f 1:16.00 H 17
    Eblouissante 04/11/2012 HOL Fast All Weathe 5.0 f 1:02.60 H G 15
    Eblouissante 03/28/2012 HOL Fast All Weathe 5.0 f 1:01.00 H 12
    Eblouissante 03/21/2012 HOL Fast All Weathe 5.0 f 1:01.80 H 20
    Eblouissante 03/11/2012 HOL Fast All Weathe 5.0 f 1:02.60 H 26
    Eblouissante 03/04/2012 HOL Fast All Weathe 5.0 f 1:01.20 H 14
  • KetaKeta Member
    Here is a photo of Ebby taken on April 17th
    She seems to have bulked up quite a bit.
    Looking very muscular in this shot
    And, looking very good
    Keta
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=10150835213806874&set=o.143117319085172&type=1&theater
  • KetaKeta Member
    Rachel, you're right blue is her color.
    Like the touch of pink on the reins.
    Hugs Keta
  • Keta & Rachel - thanks for sharing the photos! Wow, she sure is gorgeous!