Comments

• Horse Name Work Date Track Conditions Distance Time Type Rank
    Eblouissante 06/23/2012 BHP Fast All Weathe 4.0 f 48.40 H 17
    Eblouissante 06/15/2012 BHP Fast All Weathe 4.0 f 47.80 H 2
    Eblouissante 06/06/2012 BHP Fast All Weathe 4.0 f 49.80 H 31
    Eblouissante 05/22/2012 BHP Fast All Weathe 4.0 f 50.00 H 23
    Eblouissante 05/13/2012 BHP Fast All Weathe 4.0 f 49.00 H 47
  • kurtkurt Member
    i thought she was going to make her debut at hp meet, anyone know if shes close?
    other then the 6/15 work, frankly, her works arent all that great..still anxious to see her though
  • KetaKeta Member
    Here is detail on June 23rd work
    I breezed four furlongs in 48:40 handily on Saturday at Betfair Hollywood Park.
    My work was the 17 fastest among 63 horses
    working the distance on a fast track.

Keep hoping for first race--maybe Del Mar
  • They should start working her on the grass.
    It might light her up.
  • Bernardini's daughters do not seem to be doing as well on the track as his colts. There are a couple like AZ Warrior but nothing like how we hear about Bernardini's colts.

I wonder if his girls are going to turn out to be stronger producers than they are on the actual track. Kind of how it worked out with Secretariat.
  • From Ebbys Facebook page from 20 hours ago: "I breezed three furlongs in 38:00 handily today at Betfair Hollywood Park. My work was the 20th fastest among 27 horses working the distance on a fast track. ♥"
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Bernardini's daughters do not seem to be doing as well on the track as his colts. There are a couple like AZ Warrior but nothing like how we hear about Bernardini's colts.

I wonder if his girls are going to turn out to be stronger producers than they are on the actual track. Kind of how it worked out with Secretariat.
    Arguably ...Sec's best on the track was a girl....Lady's Secret
  • And Terlingua of course but his daughters truly gave to the breed in the breeding shed.

I am just saying I have yet to see a Bernardini filly perform on the track the way his colts do. Maybe its a maturity thing and his daughters will strengthen as they grown older where his sons are precocious.
  • Arguably ...Sec's best on the track was a girl....Lady's Secret
    Actually Secretariats best was a stallion from Japan named Hishi Masaru who earned 218,929,000 yen( not sure what this converts to in dollars) then comes Lady's Secret then Risen Star.
  • edited August 2012
    Nope. He was a G3 winner and G2 placed, a fine horse but not in the class of Lady’s Secret or Risen Star, both champions and multiple G1 winners. He earned a little over $1,755,000 at then-year exchange rates. That puts him behind Lady’s Secret, Risen Star, and Tinner’s Way in earnings. Others of Secretariat's offspring, among them Kingston Rule and General Assembly, did not exceed H.M.’s earnings but did win races at higher grades.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember

Keep hoping for first race--maybe Del Mar
    Last time I saw Ebby, she had grown again. I spoke with Steve Willard and mentioned it and he agreed, he also said that they're having a hard time getting her to eat enough. He said Zenyatta did the same thing, but once she figured out that she wanted to eat more, eventually, they had to almost put her on a diet.

As far as starting at Del Mar- won't happen. John doesn't like to start them there, and she's not staying down there. She's still at Hollywood Park. If there was going to be a fall meet at Hollywood Park, I'd lay odds that he'd start her then, but since the fall meet has been moved to Santa Anita, not sure what he plans to do.
  • Good thing she has a patient trainer and a patient owner.
    Good thing she has a patient trainer and a patient owner.
    Well, John is definitely a patient man, and her owner is also her breeder, so I guess he's very willing to be patient as well.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We should all applaud owners and trainers that want what is best for the horse. As long as she is healthy and happy, that is all that really matters. They will do what is right for her.
  • ....How do you pronounce her name? I keep calling her "Ebbleblablah" in my head...
  • Eh-Blue-Eh-Saunt
  • L_Q_Q_KL_Q_Q_K Member
    edited August 2012
    Actually Secretariats best was a stallion from Japan named Hishi Masaru who earned 218,929,000 yen( not sure what this converts to in dollars) then comes Lady's Secret then Risen Star.
    Hishi Masaru was born in 1989. Just for fun, assume this colt began racing in 1992. From data pulled from the website research.stlouisfed.org, the yen to dollar exchange rate on December 1, 1992 was 124.01 yen to the dollar. Doing the math, Hishi Masaru earned $1,765,414. Had Hishi Masaru raced in 2012, his earnings would be $2,786,769.

Lady's Secret is, indeed, Secretariat's best running filly, Risen Star his best colt. Hishi Masaru would be 4th or 5th on the list depending on the exchange rate of Australian dollars to American dollars for Secretariat's runner, Kingston Rule.

@lauraj_cincinnati I didn't see you had already done the calculations. :(

• Eh-Blue-Eh-Saunt
    Thank you ^^
  • Is Ebby bay, or true black? I was wondering because I don't see any white markings on her, and in all her pictures she looks black.
    she's a dark brown or bay with no white. If you look around the muzzle, and the axilla & loin. you'll see brown
  • KetaKeta Member
    Eblouissante works out Very Good!
    Date: August 15, 2012
    Track: BETFAIR HOLLYWOOD PARK
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 47:60 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: All Weather Track
  • Uh Oh stepping it up. Maybe a first start is on the horizon when Santa Anita meet opens? They will race her when she's ready and I'm glad Eric is letting John start her when she's ready. At this rate Prince Z probably want start until he's 5. LOL
  • If she's been a picky eater and is still growing, she may have had a hard time keeping her weight up with regular breezes. Maybe the spacing of her two works so closely together after such a long layoff is a sign her appetite has improved.
  • Uh Oh stepping it up. Maybe a first start is on the horizon when Santa Anita meet opens? They will race her when she's ready and I'm glad Eric is letting John start her when she's ready. At this rate Prince Z probably want start until he's 5. LOL
    Had a good giggle at that XD