Eblouissante

Comments

• Uh Oh stepping it up. Maybe a first start is on the horizon when Santa Anita meet opens? They will race her when she's ready and I'm glad Eric is letting John start her when she's ready. At this rate Prince Z probably want start until he's 5. LOL

Had a good giggle at that XD

I did too.
  • Wish we could get more updates on Ms Ebby. She is stunning.

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Wish we could get more updates on Ms Ebby. She is stunning.

She had a workout this morning .....2 of 20....shes getting there
  • KetaKeta Member
    One or more of your horses has worked out.
    Eblouissante (3-Year-Old Filly)
    Date: August 22, 2012
    Track: BETFAIR HOLLYWOOD PARK
    Distance: Three Furlongs
    Time: 36:40 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: All Weather Track
    Go Ebby!!
  • I thought the general thought was that Bernardini offspring were pretty much late bloomers. If so then I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ebby didn't really get rolling for a while yet.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    I thought the general thought was that Bernardini offspring were pretty much late bloomers. If so then I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ebby didn't really get rolling for a while yet.
    Actually, Bernie's kids blossom early, but she's a big girl. Steve told us at Mike's 5000 win party that John hadn't pushed her yet. Then John said that it wasn't going to be later in the year. i'm thinking the push is on, she's starting to eat, and she'll debut at the fall meet at SA

• How big is she? I thought she's only 16.0 hands?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    How big is she? I thought she's only 16.0 hands?
    I think she was 16.0 earlier this yr.....but had a growth spurt....at least I think I read that
    edited August 2012
    I believe she was just about 16.2 in June, but then, she definitely grew again, and Steve thought she might have topped 17hh. Zenny was 17.3... I'll Have Another was 16hh and Ebby was definitely taller than he was, and had that awkward, gangly look about her.
  • Big & Gorgeous. Like her half sister..

• I think she is the most beautiful horse I've ever seen. Like a horse out of a fairytale. There is definitely a family resemblance to Zenyatta. She looks a lot like her, but more dainty somehow, even though she is a very tall girl.
  • Actually Z was 17.2 (a 1/4 inch under 17.3) I had a gelding that was recognized the same way, But whatever her height, she's young and still growing and we are lucky that someone who has a great interest in her well being owns her, otherwise she would have already been out in races and not doing so well, as she has more growing and maturing to do. The big difference between her and Z is in the legs, Z has a wide flat cannon bone and E's is narrower and more fragile. I don't think E will run the longer races, I would put her at a mile or less. It will be interesting to see down the road.
  • I always thought Z looked like a BEAST back in her racing days.....She looked like a stallion. Ebby definately is more dainty than she is. But they both are strong, highly capable girls.
  • The first time I saw Z, I thought she was a stallion, she had that presence, that look at me and try to find fault, which you couldn't do because there was no fault to be found. E has a few minor faults, not quite the overall dominance of Z, she is more female than Z, and I'm not saying that in a negative way. But I think that differance, will make a showing between the 2 mares in the long run, Z had the build and attitude of a stallion, E is a girl thru and thru.
  • I hope everyone will be able to access this page. Here are some recent pictures of Ebby. She is one big beautiful girl! Scroll down the page there are 4 pictures. http://www.thoroughbredchampions.com/showthread.php/7155-Eblouissante-s-first-breeze/page22
  • She is beautiful! Waiting patiently to see her run.
  • Thank you AmandaF, these are just beautiful! She IS so girly and pretty!
    edited August 2012
    I hope everyone will be able to access this page. Here are some recent pictures of Ebby. She is one big beautiful girl! Scroll down the page there are 4 pictures. http://www.thoroughbredchampions.com/showthread.php/7155-Eblouissante-s-first-breeze/page22
    Thanks, Amanda, for crediting me on the photos. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
  • So many expectations are on this young filly to try, in some measure, to maintain the Zenyatta tradition. She is beautiful and will be properly trained and handled. I hope and pray she does well on the track. Zenny was a very unique individual .... no horse will ever duplicate what she did and what she still means to people. Thank goodness E is in the hands of John S. That is the best place for her.
  • Casey, did you take these pictures? They are just gorgeous and how jealous I am that you got that close to her. Is she as stunning in person?
    edited August 2012
    @louisecastello- yes, I took them. I have taken quite a few photos of different racehorses. If you want to see them they're here http://caseyp.smugmug.com

And yes, she's stunning, reminds me of Zenyatta in many ways. She's sweet, loving, affectionate, and gentle. I can't wait for her debut.

• Casey, thank you so much for the link. These are all just beautiful! I've only looked at the Zenyatta and cat ones tonight and I love them! Can't wait to look at all of them tomorrow. I love the way you got the softness in Zenyatta's eyes, so beautiful. And I love, love the cats, especially the solid black ones. You can really see their personalities! You definitely have the eye, can't wait to see all of them. Thanks again.
  • Eblouissante is starting to get attention! Both tweets on Friday Sept. 7
    A.P. Indy‏ tweet
    Zenyatta’s half-sister Eblouissante is putting together some great workouts.
    Excited to see what’s next for her.

Backside 55‏ tweet
    This isn’t a new video, but it is the most recent of Eblouissante,
    taped on February 16, 2012. Enjoy watching

Keta Note: Video shows Ebby gate training & you get to take a ride on her.
  • Eblouissante (3-Year-Old Filly) Latest Workout
    Date: September 7, 2012
    Track: BETFAIR HOLLYWOOD PARK
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 1.00:40 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: All Weather Track