Eblouissante

Comments

• Zenyatta has a video like this too.....And wow! I've galloped before but she is SPEEDY!
  • Thank You Keta for the update on Eblouissante's workout! She definitely has put in stellar works recently and progressing nicely for her start into racing. I am so excited for her to debut.
  • Backside 55‏ shared an article on Twitter that is a Must Read for Zenyatta & family fans!!
    This article is a great fix for all of the Zenyatta/Vertigineux/Eblouissante lovers amongst us (that should cover…
    http://community.tvg.com/t5/History-and-Photos/Fond-memories-of-Zenyatta-s-family/td-p/250635
    Fond memories of Zenyatta’s family
    By Glenye Cain Oakford Posted 8/5/2010, 1:53 pm
    LEXINGTON, Ky. − It’s fitting that Don Robinson was the first human to put a hand on Zenyatta. As owner of Winter Quarter Farm, where the great mare was foaled on April Fool’s Day in 2004, Robinson has handled three generations of Zenyatta’s family for breeder Eric Kronfeld, starting with Zenyatta’s granddam, For the Flag, in the mid-1980s.
    What Robinson remembers most about Zenyatta’s birth is that he was nervous about it.
    “I was kind of concerned about it, because she was a big mare,” he said of Zenyatta’s dam, the towering Kris S. mare Vertigineux. “I was more anxious than I was for most foalings.”
    Vertigineux tended to produce large foals, always a worry for breeders because they can cause tears and other complications.
    Robinson, 62, needn’t have worried; Zenyatta’s arrival was uneventful. Her career, by contrast, has been anything but. Looking back over the 25 years he has known her family, Robinson says he and Kronfeld knew there was good quality in Zenyatta’s bloodlines.
    Today, Vertigineux is a broodmare of the year, the dam of a champion in Zenyatta and a multiple Grade 1 winner in Balance. But on April 1, 2005, Kronfeld and Robinson’s faith in Vertigineux hadn’t been borne out yet in past performance lines and win pictures.
    Keta Note: Yes, this is from 2010. But, so much good stuff thought it worth sharing again.
    Hava a great Monday!!
  • She is the most beautiful horse I've ever seen, (except for the Queen). She continues to improve. Hoping to see good things from her on the track!

• Horse Name Work Date Track Conditions Distance Time Type Rank
    Eblouissante 09/07/2012 BHP Fast All Weathe 5.0 f 1:00.40 H 3
    Eblouissante 08/22/2012 BHP Fast All Weathe 3.0 f 36.40 H 2
    Eblouissante 08/15/2012 BHP Fast All Weathe 4.0 f 47.60 H 1
  • Eblouissante (3-Year-Old Filly)
    Date: September 14, 2012
    Track: BETFAIR HOLLYWOOD PARK
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 1.01:60 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: All Weather Track
  • Wonder when Eblouissante will make her debut? Can't wait to see how she does.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    Not sure, but I may find out next weekend when Santa Anita opens. Not sure if John will want to run her there or since there's a very short fall/winter meet at HP if he'll run her at HP- I know he prefers to start them the first time at HP.
  • I hope everyone will be able to access this page. Here are some recent pictures of Ebby. She is one big beautiful girl! Scroll down the page there are 4 pictures. http://www.thoroughbredchampions.com/showthread.php/7155-Eblouissante-s-first-breeze/page22
    Thanks Amanda. Ebby is going to be a biggin too. ;)
  • She is one of the most exquisite horses I've ever seen. Will be thrilling to watch her run. I hope she does well. She certainly is a big horse, isn't she?
  • Thanks for the link; beautiful pictures by the wonderful Casey. Does Ebby have the Vertigineaux family ears? Similar in shape, for sure, but maybe not as outsized as Zenny's and 12Z's. Beautiful filly at any rate.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    Oh, yes- they are just as large. Her mama's ears are definitely stamped on her get. LOL. She is a beautiful filly. I'm hoping to see her working at the Santa Anita meet.
  • Eblouissante (3-Year-Old Filly)

Date: September 24, 2012
    Track: BETFAIR HOLLYWOOD PARK
    Distance: Six Furlongs
    Time: 1.15:20 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: All Weather Track
  • Backside 55 posted a link on Facebook to a website where one could listen to the correct pronunciation of Eblouissante.

I went and listened to it. I swear my ears were hearing something entirely different. I'm sure the older members here, of which I am one, can attest that your ears can play tricks on you.

Anyway, without further adieu, this is what my ears heard when I pressed the little blue triangle on that website:

"He blew his snot"

Link here: http://www.forvo.com/word/éblouissante/

Once I played it a few times, I finally heard how to say Ebby's name.

• @hockey..thats about what i did when i read your post!..thanks for a good laugh right before bed :o)
  • So i was reading about Ladys Secret on a fb post and realized what ruffian and all the other famous fillys stood for. While we may not ever have the likes of them again we may however have their eye catching ways in the fillies and mares racing today. They stood for teaching that its not just a colt that can be great, look at whats happening this year, most of the colts are gone but the fillies are rising. For three straight years we have had fillies and mares be the HOY. Unheard of and ground breaking. They stand for the rights of women everywhere, they stand for hope, inspiration that if u try hard enough u can change something. We cant ever get those horses back, but we can learn from them.
  • Oh and just heard the pronunciation of ebbys name, lol it sounds funny xD and good luck to the race caller on that one
  • Rachel-Right on! Love the comment!
  • Rachel, I also agree! I was thinking about girl power when seeing a woman from one of the muslim countries being able to participate in the olympic games for the first time ever. And here we sit with fillies/mares being named HOY 3 years in a row and horseracing guru's calling our BC ladies races the deepest quality they've seen in a very long time. Makes ya just want to cheer!
  • i do believe we have finally gotten the fillies noticed in the racing world. so much of it was centered around the boys
  • i never really took much notice in it but i have more fillies im watching on my racing app than i do colts xD
  • i agree, frankly, the ladys classic is looking better then the classic AGAIN this year with awesome feather, my miss aurelia and a whole list of great mares running, the filly's are definitely holding there own
  • Thank you all for liking my comment, Ladys Secret inspired me ;) that Iron Lady
  • i got to see ladys secret as a broodmare at fares farm in ky ..thinking it was 1992..not sure though, cool mare..favorite mare to meet just cuz of personality has been serenas song because she will let u pet her all day as long as theres peppermints in your hand..only farm ive EVER been to thats condition for a visit was"bring peppermints"..great !!