Eblouissante

Comments

• KMMKMM Member
    Just thinking about owners. Have no evidence.
  • The owners aren't racing or breeding in the U.S. at all? I didn't know that.
    Just thinking about owners. Have no evidence.
  • KMMKMM Member
    They are but have Euro ties.
  • I have looked all over the place for a picture. I don't understand why they wouldnt want to celebrate this happy event with the world. It would also increase the profile of their stable, farm, or whatever. Do they not know how well known and loved Eblouissante really is?
  • KMMKMM Member
    The Georges owners are a commercial group and don't care.
  • How sad.
  • A commercial group? Ian Banwell and his wife are running St. George Farm as a commercial operation?
    The Georges owners are a commercial group and don't care.
  • Ebby is owned by Mr. and Mrs. Ian Banwell ---St. George Farm in Kentucky. They actually are more interested in developing a small breeding operation and tend to purchase mares for their farm. Mr. Banwell's father was British and the farm name is derived from, I think, a location in England. When involved with racing, they usually team up with G. Watts Humphrey Jr. and race as St. George Racing, IIC. Mr. Humphrey has a horse farm in Kentucky, too and has been involved with thoroughbred racing and breeding most of his adult life. Both individuals are well respected in the thoroughbred industry. Below --- some links regarding both .......

http://keenelandmagazine.epubxp.com/i/47735-win-2011/36

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=People&searchType=O&eID=737592

http://trainermagazine.com/winners/2014/11/18/g-watts-humphrey-jr-ian-banwells-st-george-farm-racing

http://www.drf.com/news/eblouissante-headed-europe-broodmare
  • KMMKMM Member
    The Banwell certainly love thoroughbreds, but are looking for investors, and aim to make money.
  • KMMKMM Member
    They are not commercial breeders like the big farms, but have no interest in a fan base is my take
    They are very wealthy group.
  • Reading on them it sounds like they aren't commercial, but do sell most of the colts bred from their small broodmare band.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    edited May 2016
    I have looked all over the place for a picture. I don't understand why they wouldnt want to celebrate this happy event with the world. It would also increase the profile of their stable, farm, or whatever. Do they not know how well known and loved Eblouissante really is?
    I'd say most breeders don't want to become public figures. Many make workers sign NDAs, like my boss has had me do. Super limited release of information.
  • Thanks EliRose. I worked for a big company and we all had to sign those things at the beginning of each year. Still, they marketed their products.

I would think it to be a good thing that broodmares who have had successful track careers, or have outstanding bloodlines become better known. It is all about the stallions and has been so historically back to the origins of the breed in England, where pedigrees showed Smyth's mare, etc. But, with as much as is known about the contributions from both dam and sire, I wonder if there might be a slight shift. Looking at the 2016 foals dicsussion, it is evident that some of the mares are favorites of the posters here, and maybe of posters on other sites, too. This could be an advantage when consigning a yearling, colt or filly to the sales ring. Sure, saavy buyers would have researched all of this, but it never hurts to market, have those names out there. This could be especially advantageous to a small, lesser known breeder that has, nonetheless acquired exceptional broodmares and liaised with exceptional stallions.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    If her colt goes through the ring (very likely), he'll be listed in the catalog and everyone will know about him. He'll be marketed to the right buyers directly, not through the internet. Where I'm working now deals primarily in getting nice weanlings and yearlings to the sales ring, although they DO sell "important" horses privately from time to time. Trust me, the group Ebby is with are well-known and the "right" people know about her baby. If he sells it's not going to be for anything less than the mid six figures.
  • Great to know.

Thanks, EliRose
  • I think there is a good chance he will go through the sales ring. They are known to sell the colts. If her first foal had been a filly she would be a keeper. As a colt and first foal selling him as a yearling is the most favorable time for them to get the highest return on their investment. There is no previous offspring records to compare, there is nothing but optimism on the catalog page.
  • I guess you could assume that he is going to be sold across the pond --- Tattersalls?
    Ebby will probably remain over there if the Banwells had a second breeding arranged --- don't you think? I'd be surprised if she comes home until they give her an open season. Just my thoughts!
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    I think there is a good chance he will go through the sales ring. They are known to sell the colts. If her first foal had been a filly she would be a keeper. As a colt and first foal selling him as a yearling is the most favorable time for them to get the highest return on their investment. There is no previous offspring records to compare, there is nothing but optimism on the catalog page.
    Mr. Besilu vs Go Nineteen, for instance.
  • edited May 2016
    No racing offspring of Ebby to compare to one another yet. If her Oasis Dream colt does go through the sales ring, hope he isn't another high selling dud.
    I think there is a good chance he will go through the sales ring. They are known to sell the colts. If her first foal had been a filly she would be a keeper. As a colt and first foal selling him as a yearling is the most favorable time for them to get the highest return on their investment. There is no previous offspring records to compare, there is nothing but optimism on the catalog page.

Mr. Besilu vs Go Nineteen, for instance.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    Agreed.
  • Eblouissante had a bay colt on March 13. He is by Oasis Dream and bred by St. George Farm LLC in Great Britain. Equineline finally has it posted.
  • For continuity this is the Eblouissante thread. It goes all the way back to March 2012.
  • edited November 2016
    AnitaH said:

It appears that Eblouissante will be offered for sale at the 2016 Tattersalls December Mare Sale in England which runs from November 28-Dec 1 beginning at 9:30am (UK time) everyday. You can see Eblouissante's 'bio' page in the sales catalog by going to http://www.tattersalls.com/cat/december/2016decmares.pdf. This is a very long and unnumbered catalog and I had to scroll about halfway through it to find her. She is lot# 1759 in this catalog and based upon her lot number it appears that she will be auctioned on Tuesday November 29th. Tattersalls said that live video streaming of this auction will be available at their 'Sale Day Live' website and here is a link to it http://db.tattersalls.ie/4DCGI/Sale/Live.

AnitaH said:

You can also access Tattersalls 'Sale Day Live' video streaming by just going to the regular Tattersalls website at http://www.tattersalls.com and clicking on the "launch Sale Day Live" icon.

• KMMKMM Member
    edited November 2016
    Man is she just gorgeous! I forgot that she is almost black!