Eblouissante

Comments

• It's all coming together now.....
    eBLOUissante
    Dazzling, Jazz

Bluenote.....
    KMM said:

Actually it is a cool term in music, and appears in jazz too.

• It's all coming together now.....
    eBLOUissante
    Dazzling, Jazz

Bluenote.....

KMM said:

Actually it is a cool term in music, and appears in jazz too.

Ahhh that's where the note comes from. Clever indeed. I like it.
  • I like names where real thought comes into play. Its unique.
  • KMMKMM Member
    From Wiki:

In jazz and blues, a blue note (also "worried" note[1]) is a note that—for expressive purposes—is sung or played at a slightly different pitch than standard. Typically the alteration is between a quartertone and a semitone, but this varies among performers and genres.
  • I really like the name. Back when Ebby was still at the track and getting media attention, I was fascinated by her almost black color. When she was groomed and "show" ready, I often thought she looked like a dark blue/black color. I hope this colt gets that beautiful shade --- I don't see a speck of chrome on him!
    "Bluenote" --- nice play on Ebby's name and I like the musical reference. That's a name I'll remember ....
  • zfanzfan CaliforniaMember
    Beautiful name
  • Ebby's first colt by Oasis Dream has been named Form A Square and is in training at Santa Anita! Looks like he is owned by his breeder St George Farm LLC. And I believe he is in training in with John Shirreffs! Here is his workout today. Santa Anita 12/31/2018 Dirt 3F 37.80 Handily 19/20 and here is his equibase page! http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10102440&registry=T
  • I have just had the feeling for the past few years that Ebby is going to be the great/very good broodmare between her and Zenny. Zenny did her "thing' on the track, whilst Ebby will do her "thing" having champion horses. Not to mention, IMHO other than Amer. Pharoah, I just don't feel any stallions we have over here even compare to the ones she was bred to over across the pond. I'd love if they bred her again to another Euro stallion, they have the money to send her over there. Amer. Phar. foals have that good look about them compared to any others here, so perhaps thats why he was able to win the Grand Slam. Plus I love his personality, such a lover boy, so friendly. Nothing worse than a mean horse. Does anyone have any more info on Ebby for this year? Would love to see updated photos as well of "Bluenote", a much better name than the first 2 poor Zenny had. They need to give this filly a good name here pretty soon, not some out of this world name. There is a beautiful little town in far southern WI, called Zenda, but I'd have to check and see if its been used already. No more crazy names please!!!
  • shoot! there's a bunch of them w/that name! ugh... have to remember as well the great stallion named Zen, so they used alot of that part of his name in his offspring.
  • Just an FYI, equibase.com has no record of a Bluenote attributed to Eblouissante. Pedigreequery.com, does but pedigreequery is the Wikipedia of pedigree sites. I will soon be deleting it since the info isn’t valid.
  • According to the Jockey Club registry, Bluenote is legitimate for her 2018 foal, though "registration is pending."
  • EriNC said:

Just an FYI, equibase.com has no record of a Bluenote attributed to Eblouissante. Pedigreequery.com, does but pedigreequery is the Wikipedia of pedigree sites. I will soon be deleting it since the info isn’t valid.

Yearlings aren’t usually listed on Equibase. Bluenote is listed on Equibase’s sister site, Equineline, which is also JC owned. As Lioness mentioned, he also shows up on the actual JC site.
    https://www.equineline.com/SearchByHorse.cfm/Bluenote?page_state=DISPLAY&reference_number=10448538&horse_name=Bluenote&dam_name=Eblouissante&foaling_year=2018&registry=T
  • Unless the owners decide to change the name, as of right now, Bluenote is officially Approved. While Pedigree Query is not the record of authority, no need to delete Bluenote at this time.

Bluenote.JPG 50.5K
  • She will be bred to Candy Ride this year (and will have a filly by him this year. Here is what her owner Jane Lyons had to say about this mating. "As a proven sire with a compact frame, Candy Ride is a good match for the towering Eblouissante, Lyon says."
  • Candy Ride is on my "wishlist" for Zenyatta. I'll be interested to watch this filly.
  • Man, what a beautiful expression! <3 B)
  • Hes gorgeous. Being 3 now I dont think we ever got to see him did we? I think it was her Dubawi foal last yr we saw?
  • I know I never saw a photo of him before, let alone knew he had been turned over to John Shirreffs. He's had five workouts, the last being on 2/10/2019. Maybe he'll make a start before Fall of 2019 =)

I think Bluenote is her second foal. And I love that she is going to have a Candy Ride filly this year and is going back to him.

Rachel said:

Hes gorgeous. Being 3 now I dont think we ever got to see him did we? I think it was her Dubawi foal last yr we saw?

• :/ I hope the plan isn’t to start him on dirt, though why the heck would they train on dirt?? Those times look like he’s running through molasses.
  • The breeding is completely Turf. I wish he would of stayed overseas to be honest.
    Zenyen said:

:/ I hope the plan isn’t to start him on dirt, though why the heck would they train on dirt?? Those times look like he’s running through molasses.

• Since he is state-side now and could have landed anywhere when he left GB, wish that anywhere was with Chad Brown.
    Rachel said:

The breeding is completely Turf. I wish he would of stayed overseas to be honest.

Zenyen said:

:/ I hope the plan isn’t to start him on dirt, though why the heck would they train on dirt?? Those times look like he’s running through molasses.

• Zenyen said:

I believe I heard on TVG that the only horses allowed to train on turf are grade 1 horses.
  • Well isnt that something
  • I remember hearing that too.

Zenyen said:

I believe I heard on TVG that the only horses allowed to train on turf are grade 1 horses.