New Stallions For 2014.

Comments

• Wow, Ohio for a mere $3,000....thought he would be in Cali atleast.
  • Adding to QueenZFan20 post, here is The Blood-Horse article
    Kettle Corn Retired, Will Stand in Ohio
    The Blood-Horse Wed. Dec. 11 2013
    Grade II winner Kettle Corn has been retired from racing because of a ligament injury and will enter stud for the 2014 season at Fair Winds Farm near Waynesville, Ohio.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/82388/kettle-corn-retired-will-stand-in-ohio
    Too many stallions. I am glad his connections found a place for him.
  • True, they just keep coming though
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited December 2013
    here we go, slideshow of all the new stallions for 2014. Yay, A.U. Miner is in this, he was injured in the Marathon i think? i thought he was a gelding tho lol. and Awesome Patriot is Paynter's and Oxbow's half brother (Awesome Patriot, Oxbow, and Paynter all share the same Sire and Damsire!). get comfy, its a very long list...still looking through it LOL

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/slideshows/slideshow/new-sires-of-2014/new-sires-of-2014
  • I'm excited to see I Want Revenge will be standing in Kentucky for 2014.
  • wow, havent heard of that horse in a while
  • I knew he was retired but didn't know where he stood until now.
  • Brutal comments on DRF re: Verrazano; can't say I totally disagree...kinda ugly, however.

Yup, i saw that. Nothing but disagreement with this news. I would have to agree. Technically hes retiring sound tho, his hock injury was a scrape or cut, so that is good.

Imagine if they never let Unbridle in the breeding shed? He had a sway back, knocked knees, etc, etc...
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited December 2013
    Theres another swaybacked horse thats a stud now, Sway Away, he competed in the Derby a yr or so ago. Hes new for 2014 im surprised he wasnt in the list....
  • Just a stallion news, not sure where to put it but i had no idea Tapit has 7 sons at stud. I just knew of Concord Point and Hansen. He has a son at stud called Tippity Tap who has a runner

MT @mibredclaimer Tapit has 7 sons at stud. Tippity Tap's the only one w/foals of racing age. Front Cover Dream's his lone runner
    Ohio is going to become more attractive as a destination for stallions, now that we have slots at race tracks. This should mean bigger purses and more opportunities for good races restricted to state bred/state sired horses. River Downs near Cincinnati has been completely refurbished, and a new track is going up in the Dayton area.
  • Although he's not a new stallion, I read where Lentenor has been relocated from Calumet to a farm in Indiana. Stud fee is $2,000. I really wanted to see him in KY next year, but I guess now that won't happen.
  • i got to see lentenor at calumet last year and had hoped to see him again this year as a lady thats goin with me this year,...first time to ky..is also a huge dynaformer fan. was kinda bummed to see he had moved. his fee in Indiana is also less then it was in ky so thinking maybe he wasn't real well received in ky..hmm
  • Flat Out will stand for a fee of $10,000 at Spendthrift Farm amd he will be a in with the Share The Upside program
  • i got to see lentenor at calumet last year and had hoped to see him again this year as a lady thats goin with me this year,...first time to ky..is also a huge dynaformer fan. was kinda bummed to see he had moved. his fee in Indiana is also less then it was in ky so thinking maybe he wasn't real well received in ky..hmm
    Honestly, it's not that surprising. I know we all love him because he is Barbaro's brother, but his racing resume is weak. The thing he's got in his favor is his pedigree. If not for his connection to Barbaro, we'd be wondering why he was standing at stud at all. Indiana for $2K is reasonable.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    edited December 2013
    Americain is at Calhmet....Australian champ by Big D....
    Nicanor is in Maryland? I think ....fee similar to what Lentenors will be
  • Flat Out will stand for a fee of $10,000 at Spendthrift Farm amd he will be a in with the Share The Upside program
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/82425/flat-out-to-enter-stud-at-spendthrift-farm
  • behold, a slideshow of Animal Kingdom at Arrowfield Stud

http://bronwenhealy.com.au/categories/stallions/animal-kingdom-arrowfield-stud
  • Behold, indeed! He is the stuff of dreams!
  • He sure is a pretty boy. Love his color!
  • I know this was done earlier...but how does Zenyatta nick with Animal Kingdom??
  • She nicks as a A with a 2.69 variant. No inbreeding through the first 5 generations.
  • He should be coming to KY at one point I thought