New Stallions For 2014.

Comments

• Doesnt seem like hes normally a bleeder so shouldnt matter much
  • It doesnt go into detail either about how much a horse bled. He could of had just a little bit and they are strict to that kind of stuff, wont let the hkrse run no matter the ammount of blood.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited January 2014
    It doesnt go into detail either about how much a horse bled. He could of had just a little bit and they are strict to that kind of stuff, wont let the hkrse run no matter the ammount of blood.
    It does show that Orfevre raced in England after the bleeding incident. I think the Europeans ban drugs like Lasix so Rachel is probably correct that it was a freak incident on the 2013 pulmonary hemorrhage incident. idk...got to check European racing drug rules...but they are very strict!
  • Besides nobody, horse or human, gets through life completely unscathed by some illness or injury. It's over all health that matters.

Zenyatta has Native Dancer in her pedigree, but only through her sire. Both her parents had lots of Man O' War forbears. I think that was a sturdier line.
  • the people on Stablemates have asked about conformation photos of Paynter and Take Charge Indy

"When will Overanalyze, Take Charge Indy and Paynter get their conformation photos?

Luis: Usually that happens in the spring. We like to let them down first, plus they start growing a heavier hair coat once the temperatures get cold so it’s best to take photos in the spring."
  • interesting note:

Winstar doesnt handle the stallion books, so they have no idea how busy the day is going to be for the stallions until the mares start coming in. Winstar just focuses on the care of the stallions, mares and foals. how cool is that.
  • interesting note:

Winstar doesnt handle the stallion books, so they have no idea how busy the day is going to be for the stallions until the mares start coming in. Winstar just focuses on the care of the stallions, mares and foals. how cool is that.
    Thats cool What more farms should do.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited January 2014
    apparently Paynter has calmed down since being at Winstar, its said hes very sweet and nice and has been good. this is interesting to me cuz it says to me that he gets his game face on when he races but knows when he isnt racing, he has versatile personality/disposition which i hope he passes on to his foals.
  • when Tiznow shakes his head up and down he is mad, Winstar says hes very opinionated. LOL what a horse!
  • I had heard too that Paynter could get quite 'feisty' when in racing mode. It is really good to know, as you put it, with his game face on...not all the time. He's such a cool horse.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited January 2014
    another thing about Winstar, they actually do ride their stallions for exercise just like Three Chimneys does. this is the only other farm i know of that does this in america. Tiznow hates it LOL so they dont do it with him. thats funny cuz he was finicky when in training as well.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited January 2014
    Shanghai Bobby at Ashford

Uncle Mo at Ashford

Dunkirk, sire of Havana. Dunkirk is a son of Unbridleds Song (is it obvious?)

Bodemeister and Paynter are neighbors. there might be a rivalry LOL

• Take Charge Indy in the stallion circle getting viewed

• So did Shanghai Bobby, Uncle Mo, Dunkirk, Overanalyze, Take Charge Indy, Bodemeister and Paynter all new stallions who were retired sound and not due to injury? Just wondering :o)
  • So did Shanghai Bobby, Uncle Mo, Dunkirk, Overanalyze, Take Charge Indy, Bodemeister and Paynter all new stallions who were retired sound and not due to injury? Just wondering :o)
    Shanghai Bobby,Take Charge Indy, and Bodemeister were all retired due to injury i believe?
  • Since I still remember a lot about Uncle Mo, he was very ill for a while (with something I couldn't pronounce if I tried), which was why he was pulled from Derby (not his distance anyway but thats beside the point). Did his rehab at WinStar. Thank the lord he recovered very well but consensus was that he would not be up for the riggers of a full blown racing career again. He did win at least one good race after a comeback and a hard fought 2nd in the Kings Bishop I believe (with a loose shoe dangling from a hoof). After the loss in Breeders Cup Classic (a race he should never have been in), he was retired. He had no active injuries that I know of, just that crazy sickness that took a while to pinpoint and resolve...something to do with the liver I think.
  • Dunkirk isnt new, just wanted to post his pic cuz he looks so much like his sire
  • It didn't take him long to go from a medium grey to almost white.
  • Dunkirk was retired due to injury though, he's just not new. I LOVE him, his babies, and his pedigree.....yet at the same time he is inbred on Raise A Native. So, it's kind of bittersweet. However, very happy for him to achieve top freshman stallion status in 2013. I hope his babies stay sound.
  • I didn't realize Paynter had retired. When did that happen?
  • Hes been retired for 2 months now lol it happened after the Breeders Cup, it was his last race
  • Oh. Must have been "out to lunch" that day. lol I knew I could count on you, rachel, to inform me. Thanks. I'll try to be more "with it" in the future.
    Bodemeister stubled, injured his left shoulder and was retired. That was in 2012.