Past the Grandstand: Horse racing through the eyes of a young racing fan

Comments

• @Pati_Szpyra - Maybe so! :)

My newest post spotlights a pair of very talented colts who impressed this past weekend on opposite sides of the country - He's Had Enough and Spurious Precision. You can read about them here: http://pastthegrandstand.blogspot.com/2012/08/juvenile-spotlight-hes-had-enough-and.html

Have a great day!
  • My latest post features I filly I have followed since a two-year-old sale last year. Her name is Nechez Dawn, and she recently won the Daisycutter Handicap at Del Mar. You can read about her here: http://pastthegrandstand.blogspot.com/2012/08/after-auction-nechez-dawn.html

Have an awesome day!
  • Hi! I love reading about teens that are into horse racing just as me. And on top of it, I love your blog! I actually think I read it before you even posted it on here. Like you, racing plays a huge role in my life. My life goal is to one day own a stud farm like Lane's End and have racing greats. So nice to see someone like you on here!
  • Hi! I love reading about teens that are into horse racing just as me. And on top of it, I love your blog! I actually think I read it before you even posted it on here. Like you, racing plays a huge role in my life. My life goal is to one day own a stud farm like Lane's End and have racing greats. So nice to see someone like you on here!
    I'm a teen racing fan as well ^^ And I want to own a training facility and maybe when I retire, go into breeding.
  • That's it, all the young ones come together and we will make racing a better sport, and get it out of the trouble it is in! And of course dominate everyone else in the races!
  • That's it, all the young ones come together and we will make racing a better sport, and get it out of the trouble it is in! And of course dominate everyone else in the races!
    That's the plan! Lol! Hey perhaps we could all set up to work with each other! =P
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wouldn't that be fun? :-)
    It would actually! Serendipity could open a breeding facility where I train their horses ^^
  • I love that there are other teens out there so in love with this sport! We WILL make a difference.
  • Together =) It's a big job! But if we all unite and work together we can make it a true heroes' sport again.
  • I can advise owners and trainers to buy them, and maybe buy one for myself. ;-)
    I would definitely keep one for myself ^.^
  • I also am getting a minor in journalism. I can write about the good things going on, while sheding light on the things needing change. <--- Unbiased journalism is a tough assignment. Just look at any news outlet during election years. LOL</p>
    Right? It's very hard to be unbiased about pretty much anything....ESPECIALLY such a touchy topic as horse racing.
  • edited August 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2012
    I also am getting a minor in journalism. I can write about the good things going on, while sheding light on the things needing change. <--- Unbiased journalism is a tough assignment. Just look at any news outlet during election years. LOL</p>

Right? It's very hard to be unbiased about pretty much anything....ESPECIALLY such a touchy topic as horse racing.

True, but there is a difference between being touchy and being in denial. The problem is so many people hear these horrible things like the shananigan NY Times started about IHA and his treatments,etc. that they get sucked into the bandwagon without really doing proper research for themselves, and forming an educated opinion on the topic at hand. Many people assume that since NY Times said it, it must be true, when that is not always the case. We forget that people will try to subject their views on others and that people will print those views, true facts or not. It's PEOPLE that write all those articles. So when a brave soul offers proof that some of the information is wrong, it's taken as that person's support for drugging horses, overbreeding, or whatever the topic may encompass. While I don't take sides in drama, and never have, I do take stance against lying to beat a dead topic back to life to stir up trouble. Drama, on the other hand, bores me to a point that I can feel my brain cells die. :-P LOL
    You took the words right out of my mouth! You know what I just thought of? A group for horse-racing teenage fans.
  • Today marks the one year anniversary of my blog and along with the post commemorating that comes a pretty big announcement. I would love if you all checked out this post here: http://pastthegrandstand.blogspot.com/2012/08/ptgs-one-year-anniversary-and-big.html

Have a great day!
  • What a wonderful post! You are a lovely young lady! Good luck in all you do, I have no doubt you will be a success! Thank You for all of your wisdom, I have learned so much reading your blog; you are very eloquent, too!
  • What a wonderful post! You are a lovely young lady! Good luck in all you do, I have no doubt you will be a success! Thank You for all of your wisdom, I have learned so much reading your blog; you are very eloquent, too!
    Thank you so much! That really means a lot!
  • Tune in to my Facebook page or Twitter over the next few days to see photos I will be sharing of all my horses to allow all of you to get to know them better!
  • I'll miss the regular posts. I enjoy reading your blog. You are very talented.
  • I've read maybe 90% of your blog and posts, but I've never answered them, but I'm doing so now, YOU are a JOY!!! You have a love of horses as well as life, don't ever change, or don't let people or life change you. Unfortunately, sometimes that happens, and it's not for the best. Aah I remember my younger days as an unemcomberd youth, and I remember them thru your blog. I love your love of horses and life, they make me happpy.
  • @DeeInKy - Thank you very much! There will still be posts published, but they won't be as often or as comprehensive.

@cathy - Thank you so much! I'm just leading a busy life and just can't find enough time for such a busy blog any longer. Of course, I still avidly follow racing and a large part of my business that keeps me from no longer blogging as intensely is working with horses!

I really appreciate everyone's support! I have received so much kindness from people - kindness I never expected. Thank you, everybody!
  • As mentioned in my one year anniversary post, my blog posts will now be more infrequent and less in-depth. That is still true, but I hope you all will enjoy the fact that I will have new blog posts over the course of the next three days! Granted, they will be much less in-depth than usual. Here's the first post of this three-day excursion: http://pastthegrandstand.blogspot.com/2012/08/part-one-fasig-tipton-texas-summer.html

Have a wonderful day!