Judy The Beauty

Comments

• Judy the Beauty is running August 17th in the Rancho Bernardo Handicap. She will be ridden by Mike Smith. She is trained and owned by Wesley Ward.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Del Mar Presents Stakes
    DoubleHeader Sunday
    Del Mar Newsletter Friday August 15 2014 Excerpts
    Del Mar Thoroughbred Club will feature a stakes doubleheader Sunday, presenting the 43rd running of the Grade III $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap and the 20th running of the $150,000 Solana Beach Handicap.
    The Rancho Bernardo ‘Cap, a 6 ½ furlong dash carded as the fourth race, drew a field of six rapid older fillies and mares, including the defending champion, the brilliant Reneesgotzip (Corey Nakatani), making her first start since November when she was second, beaten a half-length by Mizdirection, in the Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint.
    Among those opposing Reneesgotzip will be the classy Judy the Beauty, who will be conceding a pound to her rival as the 125-pound highweight. Mike Smith has the mount on Judy the Beauty, a three-time major stakes winner who will be making her Del Mar debut. The daughter of Ghostzapper has won seven of 16 career starts and $1,022,122.
    The Solana Beach Handicap, occupying the eighth-race spot on the program, attracted ten California-bred older fillies and mares for the one-mile test over the infield Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
    Co-highweights at 122 pounds are Kathleen Rose (Maldonado) and Doinghardtimeagain (Smith). Kathleen Rose was beaten a neck by Parranda in the Royal Heroine at Santa Anita in late June, while Doinghardtimeagain comes into the race off a disappointing sixth in the recent Grade I Clement L. Hirsch Stakes. In her previous effort, she won the Great Lady M. at Los Alamitos
  • KetaKeta Member
    Larry Zap ‏Sunday August 17 2014 PHOTO
    Judy the Beauty holds off a game & determined Madame Cactus
    in the rancho bernardo #team eurton #delmar

Steve Andersen ‏Daily Racing Form Sunday August 17 2014
    Order of finish in G3 Rancho Bernardo H'Cap - 6-5 Judy the Beauty,
    6-1 Madame Cactus, 4-5 Reneesgotzip and 12-1 Amaranth. #delmar
  • KetaKeta Member
    Adena Springs Farm ‏Sunday August 17 2014
    "Judy the beauty is...probably is the country's top female sprinter
    regardless of footing"
    - @DRFBrad_Free
  • KetaKeta Member
    The Blood-Horse Race Results & Replay VIDEO
    Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III)
    Race 4 at Del Mar on August 17, 2014
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/DMR/2014/8/17/4/rancho-bernardo-h-gr-iii
  • Judy just won the Breeders cup filly mare sprint. She is named after the breeders mother who passed away from cancer. They finally told us how she got her name!
  • Congratulations Judy....beautiful race in the Filly & Mare Sprint on BC day!
  • Full list of 2014 Eclipse Award winners
    Jonathan Lintner, jlintner@courier-journal.com January 17, 2015
    Female Sprinter: Judy the Beauty
    http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/2015/01/17/live-at-8--watch-the-2014-eclipse-awards/21921579/
  • Judy, Judy, Judy...you got an Eclipse!
    LOL. Was that Cary Grant who said that (the first 3 words) in a movie?

LOL. Was that Cary Grant who said that (the first 3 words) in a movie?
    Supposedly, yes, but not sure if true or old Hollywood tale.

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    I think i remember reading that Cary Grant never actually said this....but impersonators use it as a standard. ...i think....
  • Yesterday someone (her owner?) said she was named for a very special family friend who I think died from cancer. They said they waited a long time to find a foal good enough to name for the friend.
  • Yesterday someone (her owner?) said she was named for a very special family friend who I think died from cancer. They said they waited a long time to find a foal good enough to name for the friend.
    Yep, they said it during the Breeder's Cup coverage too. I posted bout it further up.
  • Judy the Beauty's full brother, Z Besha, made his second start today (2/22/15) in the 5th at Santa Anita. A grey son of Ghostzapper - Holy Blitz he finished off the board in sixth. John Shirreffs trained Smart Transition was in the same race (making his racing debut) and finished a very good second.
  • Funky name .Z Besha.
  • I get the Z reference.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Mike Smith Entries
    May 2 2015- Churchill Downs
    Judy the Beauty Wgt-123 Race 7 Humana Distaff S.
    From equibase
  • I love Judy the beauty....got so excited last night when I saw she was entered! I love that Mike Smith is riding her too!!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Too bad she came in second. But she has a great record. Think it is her first start this year.
  • KetaKeta Member
    sdhorserace.com on Wed. July 29 2015
    La Verdad smokes Judy the Beauty and all the rest of them to wire
    the G2 Honorable Miss at Saratoga. J.Ortiz/Rice. 3-5-4-1
  • KetaKeta Member
    RACE REPLAY: 2015 Honorable Miss Handicap
    Published on Jul 29, 2015 TVG
    La Verdad wins the 2015 Honorable Miss Handicap Wednesday at Saratoga

1. La Verdad 2.Street Story 3. Judy the Beauty
  • Mike E. Smith Entries October 3 - Keeneland
    Freethinker Wgt-121 Race 1 Allowance
    Annie's Curls Wgt-118 Race 4 Maiden Special Weight
    Something Extra Wgt-122 Race 5 Woodford S. Presented by Keeneland Select
    Judy the Beauty Wgt-120 Race 6 Thoroughbred Club of America S.
    She's Not Here Wgt-124 Race 7 First Lady S.
    Hawkbill Wgt-121 Race 8 Claiborne Breeders' Futurity
    Bobby's Kitten Wgt-126 Race 9 Shadwell Turf Mile S.
    Source: Equibase