Kitten's Joy

I love Kitten’s Joy. I love the story of an owner who had so much faith in his horse he went all out to prove him a sire. I love Kitten’s Joy’s name! I love that so many of his babies have “Kitten” in their name and if you see “Kitten” in the name, right away you can think “must be a Kitten’s Joy”. And I love thinking of new names for the Kittens. I wish there was a naming contest for a Kitten’s Joy. Best of all I love that this is a story of determination, resolve and success. Congratulation Mr. Ramsey!

And I also like the below Pedigree Analysis.

According to the Bloodhorse Pedigree Analysis, Kitten’s Joy does well with Roberto line mares. How exciting would it be to see a Kitten’s Joy – Zenyatta offspring race in Europe?

Pedigree Analysis: The Kittens Keep Coming
While Storm Cat-line mares have produced six of Kitten’s Joy’s stakes winners, some credit should go to Red Ransom’s sire Roberto, who is inbred 4x4 in Stephanie’s Kitten. In fact, 10 of Kitten’s Joy’s stakes winners are inbred to Roberto, including three from Roberto-line mares.
Roberto’s sire Hail to Reason has an even wider influence with the Kitten, who has five stakes winners out of Halo-line mares, including three out of mares by Saint Ballado. Two others are out of the same mare who is herself inbred to Halo. Hail to Reason may be working because Kitten’s Joy has three crosses of Hail to Reason’s sire Turn-to, one through Roberto, and the others through El Prado, with lines back to Bold Reason and Sir Gaylord.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/79600/pedigree-analysis-the-kittens-keep-coming#ixzz2czcjnnO5

Comments