Kitten's Joy

Comments

• I hope Mr. Ramsey is wrong about this statement "He is a firm believer that stallions, such as Tapit, will stamp their best horses with a particular color. In Kitten’s Joy’s case, that obviously is bay, despite the stallion’s own color."

I hope the best Tapit's don't have to be grey.

• The Joy of Kittens

Fun article by Steve Haskin.

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/archive/2013/10/14/the-joy-of-kittens.aspx

What is even more amazing about Kitten’s Joy, in addition to being the No. 1 sire in earnings in America, the No. 1 turf sire, the No. 1 sire of grade I winners, the No. 1 sire of stakes winners, and the No. 1 sire of stakes horses, is the fact that his offspring all look alike and run alike, and as a genetic phenomenon, they all seem to be the same bay color, even though Kitten’s Joy was a chestnut.

Some interesting comments at Steve’s blog about “The Joy of Kittens” article.

Sharing two of them below:

Comment:
    I read somewhere that mares with Roberto in their dam's family is key. I know of one particular Broodmare of the Year and one particular Horse of the Year that I'd just love to see mated to Kitten's Joy. The first would be Vertigineux and the second is Zenyatta. I drool at the thought of what those two could produce from a mating with Kitten's Joy.

And another comment:
    I wonder if Zenyatta fits into Ramsey's pedigree plans? It would take a strong, strong man to turn down Zenyatta or her mother or sister.
  • There will be more interest in Zenyatta once we see what her foals can do, Coz is already in training but probably wont race til 3
  • Kitten's Joy bred 184 mares in 2013.
  • I’ve been following a three-year old gelding in my Virtual Stable because I like his name…Zane. He is out of Stately Kitty. For fun I did a hypothetical breeding of Stately Kitty to Kitten’s Joy. Wish I could contact the mare’s owner and make my suggestion. LOL

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Stately Kitty is a grey mare too, wonder if we would have a grey Kitty? lol
  • If that color theory holds any weight; I would pray for bay!
  • its quite interesting that Kittens Joy himself is Chestnut
  • Kitten's Joy to Stand for $100,000

BC day for the The Kitten's didn't go so well, but that isn't stopping Mr. Ramsey from upping the stud fee for his Kitten's Joy.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/81836/kittens-joy-to-stand-for-100000-in-2014
  • Im not too sure about that. Perhaps he upped it due to their success at Keeneland this year? People will see they dont do well come BC races :/ theyre hard knocking offspring though. I dont like that he told Bobbys Kitten's jockey he would never let him ride again. But the horse finushed third, eh...he ran on the lead in blistering times so i can kinda see his anger.
  • edited November 2013
    Im not too sure about that. Perhaps he upped it due to their success at Keeneland this year? People will see they dont do well come BC races :/ theyre hard knocking offspring though. I dont like that he told Bobbys Kitten's jockey he would never let him ride again. But the horse finushed third, eh...he ran on the lead in blistering times so i can kinda see his anger.
    I didn't like that either...letting the world know that he won't let a jockey ride his horse again. Reminds me of the inappropriate comment about dishonest Trainers, made by Barry Irwin, after Animal Kingdom won the Derby. Just not the right time or place.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Here is a great video about Ken Ramsey talking about Kitten's Joy's success: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/videos/13057/ramsey-farm-2013-ken-ramsey-and-kittens-joy
  • Here is a great video about Ken Ramsey talking about Kitten's Joy's success: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/videos/13057/ramsey-farm-2013-ken-ramsey-and-kittens-joy
    It would be nice to see an Arc winner by Kitten's Joy.
  • Ok so i know this is a bit early to talk about Z's next "boyfriend" since her War Front foal isn't even born yet, but what do you think about Zenyatta going to Kitten's Joy next year? The 3 hottest sires of 2013 were War Front, Tapit, and Kitten's Joy and Z has already been to both Tapit and War front so why not have her go to Kitten's Joy? Here is there True Nicks rating: http://www.truenicks.com/free-reports/hypothetical-mating/display?stallionReferenceNumber=6252387&mareReferenceNumber=7156465&mareName=Zenyatta
  • Sounds good...but Zenyatta may be taking a break from foaling a 2015 baby. I think there was earlier discussion that due to a late 2015 foaling, they may not breed her this year. But don't quote me on that. :o)
  • Sounds good...but Zenyatta may be taking a break from foaling a 2015 baby. I think there was earlier discussion that due to a late 2015 foaling, they may not breed her this year. But don't quote me on that. :o)
    I know but I do think Kitten's Joy is one to visit in the future if not for 2015!
  • I sort of get the feeling that the Moss's are more into the classic mile+ dirt runners than turf. Kitten's Joy is, at least so far, looking like a producer of mostly turf runners. Ann and Jerry may not want to go that way. But who knows what they'll decide.
  • QueenZFan20QueenZFan20 Member
    edited January 2014
    I sort of get the feeling that the Moss's are more into the classic mile+ dirt runners than turf. Kitten's Joy is, at least so far, looking like a producer of mostly turf runners. Ann and Jerry may not want to go that way. But who knows what they'll decide.
    I know but I have also noticed that they choose stallions whose fees majorly increase due to the success of the runners on the track regardless of what surface they run on. And Kitten's Joy's also run on poly track and Zenyatta ran well on both dirt and poly track. Also Zenyatta's sire Street Cry has been known to produce runners over all surfaces. And Zenyatta does seem to have turf in her pedigree as well. Also I believe that Kitten's Joy's like distance?
  • If they ever go to Kitten's Joy with Z it will feel like a dream.
  • If they ever go to Kitten's Joy with Z it will feel like a dream.
    I agree that will be a fun baby to name.
  • Zenkitty. ha ha

I already have one of those, my Siamese-mix Zenny.
  • Zenkitty. ha ha

I already have one of those, my Siamese-mix Zenny.
    Oh Or Zen'sbundleofjoy?