Keeneland September Yearling Sale – September 9th – September 21st 2013

Comments

• Zenny's old paddock mate Pirate Queen, her Quality Road 2012 colt Hip 314 sold for $300,000
  • Do I see the same handler in the sales ring who handled Zenyatta when she went through the sales ring?
    Yes

• Hip 317, by Blame: His second dam is by Sham…I haven’t seen Sham in a pedigree in a long time.
  • bgzenfanbgzenfan Member
    edited September 2013
    Hip 254, by Tapit out of Muir Station, a daughter of Street Cry sold to Mayberry Farm for $300,000. Big handsome chestnut colt with a blaze!
  • Here are some full siblings coming up soon.
    Hip 354 - colt - Malibu Moon x Rahrahsixboombah - full to Life at Ten
    Hip 360 - colt - Distorted Humor x Ready's Gal - full to Machen
    Hip 377 - colt - Tapit x Rhumb Line - full to Zazu, Flashback
    Hip 394 - filly - Pulpit x Ruthian - full to Rutherienne, Ruthenia
  • Hip 333 Bernardini colt out of Proud Spell. Proud Spells half sister by Bernardini Hip 291 just sold for $1.3M
  • bernardini x proud spell <3
  • this colt has a butt on him o.o Bernardini x Proud Spell, been waiting for this one ^.^ $360,000
  • bernardini x proud spell <3</p>
    Sold $360,000

• Pure Clan's first foal in ring now as well, my goodness what a filly she will be. the breeding in this years sale is phenominal. Smart Strike x Pure Clan, $320,000
  • anyone see the Blame colt? he looked amazing, the chrome Blame filly a few mins ago was adorable
  • Hip 340 Midnight Belle, filly Bernardini x Queenie Belle, sold for $400,000 filly is half sister to Unrivaled Belle
  • Dang Hip 377 is out. that was the full sibling to Zazu and Flashback!
  • Filly Casts Spell Over Keeneland Sale (Hip 291)
    By Blood-Horse Staff Updated: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 3:33 PM
    A Bernardini filly who is a half sister to champion Proud Spell lit up the Keeneland sales ring Sept. 10 when she was purchased by Baumann Stables for $1.3 million as the top-priced offering during the first half of the second session of the September sale.
    Bred by Brereton C. Jones and consigned as Hip 291 by his Airdrie Stud, the filly was produced from the winning Langfuhr mare Pacific Spell. Proud Spell, trained by Larry Jones for owner Jones, won the Kentucky Oaks and Alabama Stakes, both grade I, during her championship campaign.
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/80592/filly-casts-spell-over-keeneland-sale#ixzz2eWOc1FS2
  • Tapit Colt Tops Seven Figures at Keeneland (Hip 325)
    By Blood-Horse Staff Updated: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 3:37 PM
    A Tapit colt became the second seven-figure transaction at the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale when he was purchased for $1 million by Coolmore Stud.
    Consigned by VanMeter Sales as Hip 325, the colt bred in Kentucky by JKG Thoroughbreds was produced from the graded stakes-place mare Pretty 'n Smart.
    The Tapit colt is a half brother to grade III stakes winners Heart Ashley and Ashley's Kitty.
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/80594/tapit-colt-tops-seven-figures-at-keeneland#ixzz2eWNyH27t
  • One thing that surprised me when I was able to watch a little this morning was the number of what I had perceived to be high quality colts and fillies being hammered down for less than 100, 000.00, marked as sold and led out sort of abruptly. Add to that a colt that I was watching for yesterday, the #008 by Distorted Humor out of Film Maker, sold for $375,000.00 but on the listings today it indicated it was RNA. So, my question is are some of these who are not going up as high being pulled out because the bidding isn't going as high as fast or are they really going for so little? It is nice to be able to have a chance to see some of these youngsters and anticipate how they will be on the race track, but there is still a lot of it that is just a mystery to me - lol! Also, I find it interesting that these are the colts and fillies that are the same age as Cozmic One - his generation - his future rivals!
  • Smart Strike Colt Sells for $1M at Keeneland
    Hip 426 with Video
    By Blood-Horse Staff Updated: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:22 PM
    A Smart Strike colt out of Canadian champion older mare Serenading, by A.P. Indy,
    sold for $1 million late in the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 10 in Lexington.
    Mike Puhich purchased the bay colt, who was bred in Kentucky by Hill 'n' Dale Equine Holdings and N.E.T.P., for a partnership. The colt, who was consigned by Hill 'n' Dale, will go to Pegasus Training Center in Washington to begin early training.
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/80599/smart-strike-colt-sells-for-1m-at-keeneland#ixzz2eXKPKnhS
  • Million-Dollar Filly Ends Keeneland Day Two
    Hip 438 with Video
    By Blood-Horse Staff Updated: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:23 PM
    The second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 10 in Lexington ended with a bang as Andrew Rosen landed the day's fourth yearling to reach $1 million.
    Rosen went to $1 million to purchase the final yearling offered on the day, a Malibu Moon filly (Hip 438) who is a half sister to grade I winner Power Broker. The filly was consigned by Mill Ridge Sales, agent.
    Through two sessions, eight yearlings have sold for $1 million or more
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/80600/million-dollar-filly-ends-keeneland-day-two#ixzz2eXHyGx6a
  • I'm curious about "scoping". According to Bloodhorse, hip 325 got scoped 15 times. I work in dentistry, we send xrays to other docs when patients want a second opinion. In this digital age, could scopes be recorded digitally? Does a scope really change hour to hour? What am I missing? It just seems like an undue burden placed on a very young horse. Apologies if this question has been asked and answered...scoping sounds a little uncomfortable too! :)
  • anyone know anything about mike ryan? he signed the ticket on #221 that I named head case(see pedigree) wondering if hes an agent that buys for american interests or if it means this filly will be headed over sees?..id really like to try and follow her..any info is appreciated
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited September 2013
    kurt
    Mike Ryan is a Bloodstock Agent. Here is a link to his web site
    http://www.mikeryanbloodstock.com/
    He could be representing someone in USA or international buyer
    If I see something more, I will share
    Keta
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited September 2013
    Melissa Nolan ‏@KeeneGal tweet
    Hip 221 just went by and she’s lovely.
    Same Dynaformer-Carson City cross as Barbaro
    Here's a photo of the filly

• Torrealba Buys Tiznow Filly for $1.75 Million

By Blood-Horse Staff

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/80607/torrealba-buys-tiznow-filly-for-175-million#ixzz2ebkj0EMn

• KetaKeta Member
    edited September 2013
    Ray Paulick tweet Wed. Sept. 11 Hip 523
    $1.7M for @DarleyStallions Medaglia d'Oro colt from dam of @KyDerby winner
    Super Saver. @HillnDaleFarm sold. #Class

horseracinghl ‏@horseracinghl tweet
    spendthrift farm and Stonestreet Farm partnered to purchase hip No. 523,
    half to Super Saver. #KeeSept

Keeneland September - Hip 523 by Medaglia d'Oro
    VIDEO The Blood-Horse Posted: September 10, 2013 Duration: 2:00
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/videos/12812/keeneland-september---hip-523-by-medaglia-doro?section=sales
  • Coolmore Buys Galileo Colt for $1.4 Million
    (Hip 496)
    By Blood-Horse Staff Updated: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:50 PM
    A son of Galileo who is a half brother to an Irish champion sold for $1.4 million as the second-highest priced yearling during the first half of the third session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 11 in Lexington.
    M.V. Magnier signed the ticket on behalf of Coolmore Stud.
    Consigned as Hip 496 by Peter O'Callaghan's Woods Edge Farm, the colt was bred in Kentucky by SF Bloodstock. He is a half brother to Irish champion Mastercraftsman, a multiple group I winner in Ireland and England who stands at stud at Coolmore in Ireland.
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/80611/coolmore-buys-galileo-colt-for-14-million?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz2ec3kweta