Princess of Sylmar

Princess of Sylmar Rules
The 3-year filly championship is decided as far as I am concerned. Beating Royal Delta today seals it for the little filly. I don’t think Close Hatches can overtake the momentum Princess of Sylmar has garnered with the Beldame win.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/80944/princess-of-sylmar-defeats-delta-in-beldame

Comments

• Me neither. I'm jumping on the fan bandwagon!
  • Princess of Sylmar Defeats 'Delta' in Beldame (Race Replay Video)
    By Ron Mitchell, The Blood-Horse Updated: Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:24 PM
    Princess of Sylmar, facing older foes for the first time, sprung a mild upset Sept. 28 when the 3-year-old filly collared two-time champion Royal Delta and went on to win the $400,000 Beldame Invitational Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park by two lengths (VIDEO).
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/80944/princess-of-sylmar-defeats-delta-in-beldame#ixzz2gDtNmCkB
  • I think that if Princess of Sylmar was pointed toward any of the Breeder's Cup races (she's not as far as I know) and wins, she's a real strong contender for Horse of the Year. It's just my opinion.
  • Think POS would have to win the BCC to be HOY. She's in the same position as RD would have been had she won the Beldame. She has to win out and hope GOD and WD both falter. Or she just has to beat them.
  • Slewpy- i DONT think shes out of it at all, in fact, i think she could win it. royal delta cant win it now regrdless, neither can any of the three year olds..palice malice would have had to win today AND win the bcc so, that leaves wise dan and game on dude. if both of them were to get beat in there respective races AND POS were to supplement and beat RD AGAIN in the distaff, she would win HOY going away..alot of "ifs" but at this point, dan,dude, and sylmar are now your contenders
  • Anyone see Beholder today in the Zenyatta? She looked awesome. I wish PoS was going to Santa Anita, but I thought her connections were not sure. Either way, Beholder could be a real threat to RD in the Distaff.
  • Coolmore News
    Princess of Sylmar Downs Royal Delta
    (29th September 2013)
    Top class filly Princess of Sylmar (3f Majestic Warrior x Storm Dixie, by Catienus) confirmed her status as the best three year-old filly in the country when defeating champion mare Royal Delta to win the Grade I Beldame Stakes at Belmont.
    Sent out second favourite behind Royal Delta, the Todd Pletcher trained filly proved too good for her older rival over the concluding stages, surging clear to win the 1 and 1/8th mile contest by two lengths.
    The high class daughter of Majestic Warrior has now won her past four starts in Grade I events, the Beldame Stakes following on from the Alabama Stakes, Coaching Club American Oaks and Kentucky Oaks, her efforts sure to have her a hot favourite to be the Eclipse Award Champion 3YO Filly.
    http://www.coolmore.com/princess-of-sylmar-downs-royal-delta/
  • It was disappointing and exciting at the same time to see Princess Of Sylmar. My heart was with Royal Delta, but I've loved Princess also so while it was great to see her win, it was sad to see Royal Delta not win. Wish I had seen Beholder's race but I missed it going out to dinner. Will have to look at CalRacing or one of the other sites. The HOTY is up for grabs this year and we still have some good racing to go.
  • Belmont Park notes: Princess of Sylmar unlikely to run again this year
    By David Grening Daily Racing Form 09/29/2013 3:16PM
    ELMONT, N.Y. – Though no decision has been made, Princess of Sylmar most likely will not run again this year but will be pointed to a 2014 campaign, her owner said Sunday
    On Saturday at Belmont Park, Princess of Sylmar upset two-time champion Royal Delta in the Grade 1 Beldame Invitational, becoming the first 3-year-old filly to win that race since Imperial Gesture in 2002. It was the sixth win from seven starts and the fourth Grade 1 victory this year for Princess of Sylmar, who also won the Kentucky Oaks, Coaching Club American Oaks, and Alabama
    Ed Stanco, the owner of Princess of Sylmar, would have to supplement his filly to the Breeders’ Cup Distaff for a fee of $100,000. But that is not playing a role in the decision, he said. Stanco added that he had no plans to consider running her against males in the Classic.
    http://www.drf.com/news/belmont-park-notes-princess-sylmar-unlikely-run-again-year
  • Brian Zipse ‏@Zipseatthetrack tweet on Thurs. Oct. 17
    It's official ... Princess of Sylmar is Breeders' Cup Distaff bound!
  • The BC Distaff should be a great race.
  • PoS...undeniably talented filly. Purely in the looks department, I think her neck is thin and I don't care for the look. Maybe she'll fill out more as she matures. Best of luck to her in the BC race! Brave of her owners to go for it...good for them!
  • It will make for a wonderful race, but I sure wouldn't have minded if she had been given the time off instead.
  • shes coming!!!..that MIGHT be enough to get me to rethink my self imposed breeders cup ban..
    i think i said this in another thread..and its alot of "ifs" but now that wise dan lost his last race, IF "dude" loses the classic, and POS beats delta again, i thin POS has a real shot at being horse of the year. regardless,, shes an absolutely gorgeous filly, cant wait to take pics of her in the mornings
  • someone jumped the gun on this, being reported this morning that pletcher will NOT make an official decision or announcement on POS until AFTER her Saturday workout
  • someone jumped the gun on this, being reported this morning that pletcher will NOT make an official decision or announcement on POS until AFTER her Saturday workout
    It was one day earlier in the week that pletcher said he would wait til then to make it official. Is he changing his mind now? I dont see any proof of this.

• was tweeted from the palice malice account on twitter but makes sense since ive not see her coming anywhere..yet

Palace Malice ‏@PalaceMalice 17 Oct
    Pletcher making it clear he will not give official ok on Princess in Distaff until after Saturday breeze. So she like everyone is probable.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
  • Well, saturday is tomorrow. Tweet that i read was no official word until monday work or something.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited October 2013
    Its official, DRF posted it on fb, which means it should be on their website. Princess of Sylmar is indeed going in the Distaff

RT @DRFGrening: "We're going" to BC Distaff Ed Stanco says of Princess of Sylmar"
  • Check's in the Mail; Princess Ready to Set Sail
    Horse Racing Nation October 18, 2013 6:54 AM
    While Princess of Sylmar remains at Todd Pletcher's Belmont stables this morning, the plans and money are all set in motion for a Breeders' Cup Distaff showdown against Royal Delta, Beholder, Close Hatches and whoever else shows up. Princess of Sylmar's principal owner Ed Stanco of King of Prussia Stable, is sending the $100,000 nomination fee for a Breeders' Cup early entry, all but guaranteeing a start in the November 1 Distaff at Santa Anita.
    Of course the final, final decision comes after a breeze at Belmont on Saturday and a thorough examination by Pletcher. "It's a little like waiting for the white smoke," Stanco said in reference to the long standing signal of a new Pope.
    Stanco says the Princess is actually the one making the decision to run the first Friday in November. "It's out of my hands and beyond our syndicate. Really, it has nothing to do with us anymore. If she goes on and wins her fifth straight Grade I, it will be something that has never happened before, and it's up to us not to stop it."
    http://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/derbywars/Checks_in_the_Mail_Princess_Ready_to_Set_Sail_123
  • Mike Welsch ‏Daily Racing Form tweet Sat. Oct. 19 2013
    Mad rush to training track to see Princess of Sylmar go 4F 48.42 out 5F 1:01.62
    going easier than Tiz Chris. Awaiting decision on Distaff.

• Breeders' Cup ‏tweet Sat. Oct. 19 2013
    Purple Reign: A Princess (of Sylmar) vs a Royal (Delta) Queen vs a Champion (Beholder) -
    wow. The #BC13 Distaff will be a race for the ages!
  • ive been pretty adamant about boycotting the BC this year because of the blatant disregard for the fans with the cash grabbing "view" but POS coming for the distaff..which as KETA said, may be one for the ages, MIGHT get me out there for Friday at least..probably will depend how good or bad my pics of her are during the week leading upto it..either way, glad POS is coming..wow..distaff should be awesome..the winner will definitely earn it
  • Princess of Sylmar Returns to Aqueduct Sunday

Princess of Sylmar, who won a pair of stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack before going on to win four grade I races during her 2013 season, will return to the track April 6 to make her 4-year-old debut in the $100,000 Cat Cay.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/84204/princess-of-sylmar-returns-to-aqueduct-sunday#ixzz2xvLuIpCW

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/84204/princess-of-sylmar-returns-to-aqueduct-sunday