Joyful Victory Retired

caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
JOYFUL VICTORY has been retired. She will be offered at the November Select Sale.
Fox Hill Farm:
FROM RICK PORTER: JOYFUL VICTORY RETIRED
I have decided that Joyful Victory has done all and more than Larry Jones and I have asked of her during the last four years. I have been very proud to race Joyful Victory in the red and white silks of Fox Hill Farm but it is time for her to begin her career in the breeding shed. She will fit right in with any of the top broodmare bands worldwide. She is by the top sire, Tapit and is his leading earner in 2013 and 5th leading lifetime earner. She ticks all the boxes to be a successful broodmare. I went to Santa Anita yesterday hoping to see her win her last career start but it was not to be. At least I was able to witness her final race. Joyful Victory won or hit the board in 12 of her 16 starts in graded stakes. She raced at 10 different tracks. She retires with a record of 20-7-5-4 and was a millionaire with earnings of $1,252,679. She has been entered in the Fasig-Tipton November Select Sale and will be consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency. I sure will miss watching this gorgeous gray mare race at the top of the sport.

Comments

• Sad but there are so many good broodmare prospects offered this year.
  • I knew this was coming....please, angels, let a really top-notch breeding operation in the USA get this lovely, lovely lady. Joyful, along with Zazu, were two of my favorite girls.
  • I wonder if Mandy Pope or the Mosses would be interested in her?
  • Or maybe the Ramsey's will buy her? I just nicked her with Kitten's Joy and they got an A++.
  • She'll make a wonderful addition in the breeding shed. She has proven herself and much sucess to her new owners. I do hope she ends up in a great breeding program.
  • While I'm sad that we won't get to see her race any more, I'm happy that she is retiring sound and healthy. She will most likely get a lot of action in the auction ring and will go for quite a price. She is such a beauty and has such a nice pedigree I hope she will be sold to someone who will let fans know how she's doing. We are so spoiled by the kindnesses of Zenyatta's team and Lane's End for keeping us in the know with our Queen's broodmare career.
  • took this one saturday at santa anita,,beautifull mare, wish her all the best
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Thanks Kurt for the pix. Joyful is SOOOOO pretty. A couple of years back, I so wanted to see a race with Joyful, Zazu and their sister Dancinginherdreams competing. It never happened, but I always kept that hope. The three of them are quite something.