VOTE FOR ZENYATTA IN THE "BEST BC CLASSIC" POLL!

2»

Comments

• Yeah! Our Zenyatta wins 1st place for Best of the Best! I got scared for a moment seeing her face come up in #2, but I figured her Classic Win was then going to be #1!
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited October 2013
    Yeah! Our Zenyatta wins 1st place for Best of the Best! I got scared for a moment seeing her face come up in #2, but I figured her Classic Win was then going to be #1!
    I tried finding the results of the poll from page 1 of this link...Could someone send a link to the results mentioned above...thank you!
  • Crazy4ZCrazy4Z Member
    edited October 2013
    That's our Zenny. She is still the gold standard for the horse racing industry! I love it!
  • You can purchase the DVD, with full length videos of all the races mentioned in the Top 30, plus other extras, on the breederscupshop.com site.
  • EJMEJM Member
    There is no contest, really? Zenyatta is the winner by far. The female champion of the century Her spirit, her talent, and her determination...undeniable. Her 2009 Breeder's Cup- a masterpiece for eternity. Her heartbreaking, but heart rendering 2010 Breeder's Cup really proved what she was all about. That's why she is and always will be THE QUEEN!! Love you always, Zenyatta.
  • Ann_MareeAnn_Maree Member
    edited November 2013
    If you missed seeing the special on NBC Sports Network, 30-1: Top Breeders' Cup Moments, you can order the DVD which will have additional material. I thought the producers of the show got it right. Counting down, the final 4 were, No. 4, Sunday Silence/Easy Goer 1989 Breeders' Cup Classic; No. 3, Personal Ensign's win over Winning Colors in the Distaff of 1988; and No.2 was Breeders Cup 2010, with the description and conversation all about Zenyatta's courage and heartbreak, but her triumph as well. It's worth noting that in interviewing Mike Smith, he was the only one who mentioned that Blame ran a great race! The rest was all about Z. Of course, No. 1 was BC Classic of 2009.

I ordered my DVD and can't wait to receive it. It was replayed several times prior to the BC, and it just got better and better with each viewing! You might check at the NBC Sports Network site to see if you can still order the DVD.
  • When does the contest end?
  • KalarKalar Member
    I hope this isn't a repeat. I just stumbled onto this on the Breeder's Cup site for year 2009:

"Zenyatta‘s victory, the first ever by a female in the Classic, is considered by many to be the greatest moment in the history of the Breeders’ Cup."

:)

http://www.breederscup.com/year/2009