RIP Take Control

AmandaFAmandaF Member
edited October 2013 in Thoroughbred Racing & Sales
Larry Zap ‏@larryzapeye 17m Sad to report that Take Control just went down working with Martin Garcia...jock got up...Take Control looks in real trouble. #justsad
Larry verified Take Control was put down.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    He was Azeri's first born. So sad. Interestingly, he was named Vallenzeri. This makes me wonder about the "name change curse". The more I am reading about him, the more haunted his story is.
  • So very sad, R.I.P. Take Control
  • Ugh, thats awful
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited October 2013
    Why did he have to die on my birthday :'(( i suppose thats the reason for the rain
  • Happy Birthday Rachel.

Though any day a horse goes down is a sad day. So sorry about Take Control. He couldn't have had a more impressive bloodline.
  • Oh no Rachel!! I didn't know it was your birthday. Happy, happy birthday! I hope you have a great day and a great year. Maybe a little of Take Control's soul is in you today and in a good way. I know I'm weird, but I believe these things. LOL
  • RIP Take Control. I'm sure all the past greats were there to welcome you to the race track in the sky.
  • Thank u for the birthday wishes :) poor Take Control, he has had the worst luck with injuries, should of been retired. He was valuable just being Azeri's first born by AP Indy :(
  • Santa Anita: Take Control, son of A.P. Indy and Azeri, euthanized

By Steve Andersen
    http://www.drf.com/news/santa-anita-take-control-son-ap-indy-and-azeri-euthanized
  • BC Marathon Contender Take Control Euthanized

By Esther Marr

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/81390/bc-marathon-contender-take-control-euthanized#ixzz2i1JjPkwv
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited October 2013
    Thank u for the birthday wishes :) poor Take Control, he has had the worst luck with injuries, should of been retired. He was valuable just being Azeris first born
  • He should have been retired and why was he being trained for the BC marathon, of all things? Poor boy.
  • Thank u for the birthday wishes :) poor Take Control, he has had the worst luck with injuries, should of been retired. He was valuable just being Azeris first born
    Yeah in the articles I didn't realize but at the sale in 2008 he RNA'd for $7.7 million that's crazy!!!
  • tragic!, probably the best bred horse in training..took this shot..not a great one but its him..couple weeks ago on super saturday. rip TC!
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Kurt, Thank you. He was magnificent!
  • This is so sad! It seems like he was tragically unsound. Expectations were too high, he could never live up to them. I do not understand these crazy RNA's; 7 million? Really? How is that even possible; he looks frail in that pic by Kurt above...sorry, he just does.
  • You are so right, he does look very frail and really too drawn up as well. R.I.P. Take Control. ;(
  • Gosh, you guys make me feel so stupid. LOL I am NOT an expert on horse conformation and such and I thought he looked good. He obviously was frail, I just don't have the expertise to see what you all see. I wish I did. What does "drawn up" mean? I really want to learn some of these things.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited October 2013
    I take back what i said in this orevious comment, i found a picture of him when he was in the sales with his other name, Vallenzeri. He looks really good. Which tells you the rigors of training and his diet changed his appearance :( alot.

http://finalturngallery.com/g2/main.php/v/HoosierShadow-s-Misc-horse-racing-pictures/album759/keensept08_001/2008Sept/127+VALLENZERI++A_P_+Indy-+Azeri+colt8.jpg.html
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited October 2013
    I said on the Horse Racing Injuries thread that his breeding probably wasnt the best idea. Two major stakes horses dont always make a champion or a beautifully built horse. However, i think if his connections thought better of him and went easy on him he would of been something special. He was raced after every injury he had :(
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    edited October 2013
    I seriously don't know why you think he looks frail in Kurt's photo. He looks racing fit, and not drawn up, but more wasp waisted (my TB was like that as well) Here are 3 photos I took of him the same day as Kurt.

And remember, they have to pass a vet inspection, so if the vet thought he was NOT fit, he wouldn't have run.

• See, once again as a non-expert, I think he looks good. I still don't know what "drawn up" is, though.
  • well, whatever the case, its tragic :(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.