• Magna Fortuna (4-Year-Old Gelding)

Date: February 22, 2014
    Track: HAWTHORNE
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 59:00 Breezing

Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Sounds like he will race soon....after Chicago melts...or thaws out a little...I hope
  • Yes, one hopes. How can one sit in the stands for more than a minute or two to watch a race?
    Its been yrs since I went to Hawthorne ....but some of it was inside
  • Its been yrs since I went to Hawthorne ....but some of it was inside
    Okay that makes sense. Horses and jockeys gotta do it outside though. BRRRRR
  • Magna Fortuna is entered on March 2, 2014 at HAWTHORNE.

Race: 7 - 4:43 PM $1 Exacta / 50 Cent Trifecta / $1 Superfecta / 10 Cent Superfecta $1 Daily Double

ALLOWANCE

Purse: $ 31,000. For Illinois Registered, Conceived And/or Foaled. Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won $8,800 Twice Or Two State-bred Races Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Or Starter Or Which Have Never Won Three Races. Three Year Olds, 118 Lbs.; Older, 124 Lbs.Non-winners of a race since February 2 Allowed 3 lbs. (Claiming races not considered in estimating allowances) (Preference by condition eligibility). Five And One Half Furlongs.
  • Taxi was fourth in his race today at Hawthorne.
  • Taxi was fourth in his race today at Hawthorne.
    Definitely needed that race after his lay-off.
    Where did you see his race?
  • Video replay on the Hawthorne Racecourse website. It's free if you want to watch it--no sign-up needed. It's today's race 7.
  • Nice to see him again. It's also on Bloodhorse Video replays. He was in 2d place for a while. The important thing is that he is making a respectable showing despite the fact that his erstwhile owner thought he was worthy of being discarded as trash after his dam was slaughtered. Thank heavens she was rescued and his birth was allowed to proceed.
    I thought his mom was rescued from a "kill" lot....there because "owner" thought she was not pregnant ...then when she was rescued and delivered he wanted Taxi ...which was not going to happen?
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited March 2014
    Oh, it was okay to throw her away to a kill lot. What a nasty man. I had forgotten all that bit, too ugly to hold that in memory.
    At least he is safe....
  • I've been following a rescue farm on MareStare that has two pregnant mares that were rescued from a kill lot in Nevada. The two mares are on MareStare for those of you who are members--it's free. One of them is quite a pretty horse with a lovely head and face. Both are very skinny. It's a sad story. You can read about it on their website which you can access from their cam. There's quite a story to how the farm was founded as well. It's here: http://meaola.com Mea Ola is the name of one of their rescues and the name means survivor in Hawaiian. I just discovered last night that the farm is only about 50 miles away from me, so one of these days, I think I'll take a drive up that way. So exciting.
  • ZazuZazu Member
    VA in CA,

Was @ Haw. yesterday to watch Taxi. It was quite cold but Taxi did not seem to mind. He looked great in the paddock & the owners & trainers were pleased with his performance. Julio Felix Taxi's rider said after the race that Taxi got upset because he did not want to be restrained. He will run in a route next time out.

Zazu

Zazu
  • Thanks for the info, Zasu. What does "run in a route" mean?

Sounds like Taxi wants to run his own race. Might work if he's in such short races. Maybe he's a sprinter by preference.
  • Magna Fortuna (4-Year-Old Gelding)

Date: March 22, 2014
    Track: HAWTHORNE
    Distance: Six Furlongs
    Time: 1.14:40 Breezing
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • ZazuZazu Member
    Magna Fortuna aka "Taxi" is scheduled to run this coming sat. march 29th. in a IL. bred. route race. I think either race #2 or race #8 @ 1 1/16 miles o the main track.

Zazu
  • That's exciting! I hope he does well! :)
  • I still don't know what a route race is. Sorry to be such a pest. Can someone explain?
    I think its a longer race....not a sprint...but would love better explanation
  • Magna Fortuna is entered on March 29, 2014 at HAWTHORNE.

Race: 3 - 2:48 PM ALLOWANCE

Purse: $ 31,000. For Illinois Registered, Conceived And/or Foaled. Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won $8,800 Twice Or Two State Bred Races Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Or Starter Or Which Have Never Won Three Races. Three Year Olds, 117 Lbs.; Older, 124 Lbs.Non-winners of a race at a mile or over since February 28 Allowed 3 lbs. (Claiming races not considered in estimating allowances) (Preference by condition eligibility). One And One Sixteenth Miles.
    Taxi hit the board....came in third today ....yeah!
  • Good for him! Glad to hear it. Thanks for posting.