Groupie Doll to run in the Cigar Mile!

AmandaFAmandaF Member
edited November 2013 in Thoroughbred Racing & Sales
New Owner to Run Groupie Doll in Cigar Mile

By Jack Shinar

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/81949/new-owner-to-run-groupie-doll-in-cigar-mile#ixzz2k98MCmQR

Comments

• Such good news to see that Ms. Pope has had her checked out thoroughly and determined that she still wants to run. Very exciting!!
  • This will be her second try at this race, last year she went up against Stay Thirsty and lost by a nose. So the boys are nothing new to her ;)
  • So wonderful to learn that she is staying in the same stable.
  • Mandy pope should be commended for her decision. if you read the article on bloodhorse, she makes comments about the decision being made after seeing the FANS reaction to her in the ring as well as hearing from FANS..she truly gets it!!
    my guess would be if she comes out of the cigar sound, maybe she runs a couple times in the spring before being bred..either way, Mandy deserves alot of credit for keeping groupie doll around for a little while longer
  • SO excited!
  • Kudo's to Mandy Pope for keeping Groupie Doll (and her fans) happy!
  • AmandaFAmandaF Member
    edited November 2013
    Mandy said if they decided to run her, which they have, that she would only run one or two more times. I'm sure she will be retired and bred for 2014. She's a breeder, that's what GP was bought for no need to keep running her and take the risk of her getting hurt. I know that could happen after the fact also but...
  • Cigar Mile Order of Finish Sat. Nov. 30 2013
    Finish Horse Jockey Trainer
    1 Flat Out Junior Alvarado William I. Mott
    2 Private Zone Martin A. Pedroza Doug F. O'Neill
    3 Verrazano Javier Castellano Todd A. Pletcher
    4 Groupie Doll Rajiv Maragh William B. Bradley
    5 Clearly Now Jose Lezcano Brian A. Lynch
    6 Forty Tales Joel Rosario Todd A. Pletcher
    7 Goldencents Rafael Bejarano Doug F. O'Neill
    8 Saratoga Snacks Jose L. Ortiz Gary Sciacca
    9 Laugh Track Mike E. Smith Mark E. Casse
    10 Capo Bastone Irad Ortiz, Jr. Todd A. Pletcher
    For race results & VIDEO Replay
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/AQU/2013/11/30/8/cigar-mile-h-gr-i#ixzz2mAT4jPMx
  • It stinks, she didnt get off to a good start and why oh why was she given blinkers to wear
  • She was blocked in. She almost always wears blinkers. She wore them at Keeneland and in her win in the 2013 Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Sprint. Here is her Breeders' Cup win, Hope they retire her now, but resect their decision if they run her one more time. I'm so grateful I got to meet her, and she her run in person. She is amazing. Look forward to visiting her again after she retires. Mandy Pope is awesome to allow visits.
    Groupie Doll with blinkers on winning the BC: