2014 Foals

AmandaFAmandaF Member
edited November 2013 in Thoroughbred Breeding
Going to go ahead and get this discussion started since we are almost a month away from foaling season. I can't believe it's already time again. I love that time of year!

Comments

• Me too, AmandaF! Other than Zenyatta's baby, I am really excited about Tapit/HDG. Anybody else waiting for a specific baby?
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited November 2013
    Potesta/Speightstown....going to be real fast lol. Shes located at Stonestreets broodmare band, wherever they keep them. Stonestreet owns her.
  • I'm interested in the Tapit/V cross. Also the Careless Jewel/Bodemiester foal.
  • Totally forgot about Tapit and Mama V!!!!! And yes Bode and Careless Jewel. Anything Speightstown will be fun to follow, but especially out of wicked fast mares like Potesta!
  • Speaking of Careless Jewel is she in the US?
  • I'm always interested in the Tapit kids. I have to smile...Careless Jewel is a Tapit daughter and bred to Bode??? Nice.....
  • I'm always interested in the Tapit kids. I have to smile...Careless Jewel is a Tapit daughter and bred to Bode??? Nice.....
    Me too, Joanna. Have a soft spot for Tapit. Love the Bode/Careless Jewel pedigree.

• RachelRachel Member
    edited November 2013
    Bode and Careless Jewel rate and A

Potesta and Speightstown rate a D >.< i hope the foal proves differently lol
  • I was just thinking, since we didn't get a gray filly from Tapit/Zenyatta is that what we want from Tapit/Mama V? Mama V does produce such awesome girls (obviously)!
  • I was just thinking, since we didn't get a gray filly from Tapit/Zenyatta is that what we want from Tapit/Mama V? Mama V does produce such awesome girls (obviously)!
    It would be funny if V14 looked just like Z13

It would be funny if V14 looked just like Z13

It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.
  • We are looking at 80-90 foals that will be born by Unbridleds Song in 2014. He bred 113 but only 80-90 are infoal.
  • I got this off the Stonestreet website....ladies bred to stallion for '14 foals....
    Bella Dorato - Eskendereya
    Bold World - Union Rags
    Chimichuri - Astrology
    D'Wildcat Speed - Scat Daddy
    Dream Rush - Bernardini
    Forest Music - Distorted Humor
    Friendly Michelle - Curlin
    Guilty Pleasure - Maclean's Music
    Hot Dixie Chick - Smart Strike
    Potesta - Speightstown
    River's Prayer - Tapit (this is a gray to gray)
    Salty Strike - Medagia D'Oro
    Sassy Image - Distorted Humor
    Scarlet Tango - Street Cry
    The Hess Express - The Factor
    Wild Gams - Speightstown
  • I can't wait to see my beloved Vocat's foal by Malibu Moon, and of course, it goes without saying the Queen's new War Front foal..........So much to look forward to.
  • news for Harmonious is that shes in foal to Dubawi and will foal in March sometime. found this on Backside 55's fb post.
  • Here we go, foaling season starts today! Im on the look out for foaling news! I cant wait, i feel this is going to be a great yr for this thread
  • Woohoo! I'm so, so excited!!!!
  • Union Rags, Hansen, Bodemeister and Ill Have Another babies, oh my!
  • Get those pacing shoes ready, or at least located :)))))
  • Mine are ready!
  • Hi Everyone!

Oh boy, baby time is growing near!!! Remember when the birth of CoZ crashed our Queen's site?!?!? Saw 2014s foal's sire in September at Claiborne…what a studly sort of fellow!

I too am excited about the HDG/Tapit foal: what color, what talent?!?! Wonder about my Groupie Doll. Guess her date with Galileo will bring a baby in 2015…does anyone know for certain??

I want to see some of Frankel's babies too. What about our Nelly, Black Caviar?!?!? We can count on Storkstreet for some special ones.

Then, there is always the opportunity for Mama V to give us a Lady-In-Waiting!!!

Just thinking about all these dear babies coming makes me think I better get new pacing shoes and better get my sleep while I can!!!!!

Speaking of our dear CoZ: is anyone getting excited about 2015? Don't know if he, Taco, and the other babies 2012 have that desire and talent…but…what if they do!!!! Three whinnies and high hooves to 2014, the year of the HORSE!!!

Love to Each of You,
    Wishing All of Us Who Love Our Queen Blessings in the New Year,
    Mary in Boone
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    The first of 2013 was by Silver Train....who just left us....was born on jan 2 2013...so......
    PACE...PACE...PACE...
  • Aww, that's kind of sad, but, then again, life goes on. The circle of life!
  • Does anyone remember what the web site is that shows photos of all the foals as they are born? I followed it last year and can't remember where I found it.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited January 2014
    Does anyone remember what the web site is that shows photos of all the foals as they are born? I followed it last year and can't remember where I found it.
    louisecastello...not sure if this is want you wanted...but I think this is the link you were asking about. I've also brought up the thread entitled "Famous Racehorses as Foals".

http://thoroughbredchampions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=597