Life Is Sweet

Life Is Sweet, Zenyatta's best pal at Barn 55 had a Bernardini filly yesterday!!!!! Congrats Sweety!!!! Maybe Tasty and LIS foals can hang out together..... Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments

• well it will be interesting to see once they begin their training
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    I have a question ....when they match up paddock pals after foaling does it matter if foals are same sex ...if not maybe T and LIS will be together since they foaled only 2 days apart ..then we could lobby for pictures and get a "twofer"
  • @carolinutah, I don't know the answer to your question, but sure do like your "twofer" idea for pictures.
  • I'm not 100% sure but I think they will only match up colts w/ colts and fillys w/ fillys.
  • EveEve Member
    Congrats to Life is Sweet. I was so happy to see that she is at LE also. I think she retired a year before Zenyatta. Is this her second foal? Love to see pictures.
  • MariluMarilu Member
    edited April 2012
    Gloria: Thanks for the info on Life is Sweet!

I have been asking about her for months in the Z website but never got any info.

I am sure John is very happy to hear the good news. I far as I know it is her second foal.

Thanks again, Marilu
  • Yes, it's her second foal, she did retire a year before Zenyatta. I wish they could somehow be together again.... Maybe.
  • Congrats to Life Is Sweet and Bernie on their new filly. Hugs, JB
  • Dear Marilu and Gloria Jean:

Yes, LIS had a colt by Smart Strike last year on March 23rd (Bernies Birthday). Hugs, JB
  • Some farms do put colts and fillies together, Margano grew up with a filly named Sweet Assay, she is also currently in training. Many do not. They do have to be separated by the time that they are about 8 - 9 months old.
  • Some silliness. In late Feb. I bought a pink t-shirt so I would have something pink to wear if Zenyatta had a filly. So, I saved it in case Tasty had a filly. So, I decided I would save it for Summer. Well, bless her, LIS had a filly yesterday so today I'm wearing the t-shirt. It's hard to save something new.
  • Gosh, that 'Bernie' is THE MAN for sure.
  • LegendsDancerLegendsDancer Member
    edited April 2012

Gloria: Thanks for the info on Life is Sweet!

I have been asking about her for months in the Z website but never got any info.

I am sure John is very happy to hear the good news. I far as I know it is her second foal.

Thanks again, Marilu
    Dear Marilu:

I did answer one of your posts a couple of days ago about LIS. I just said that I thought she would be having the foal soon as she had her 2011 colt on March 23rd last year. Hugs, JB
  • Congrats to the other beautiful bay, Breeders Cup winner from Barn 55, residing at Lanes End with Bernie as her baby daddy.

• Hello JB. Sorry did not read your response. Thanks again for the info. Amazing same month. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs, Marilu
  • Good ole' Bernardini, he's really earning his hay and oats isn't he? Well, he's young, and he'lle able to continue like this for awhile. I think it's hard on the stallions to do service in the northern hemisphere, and then down to the southern to take care of business down there for part of the year. Seems like they never get a rest.
  • Guess what? Life is Sweet was sent to Tapit too for 2013 so along with Z and LIS Bernardini kids they will have Tapit kids for 2013 at the same time also.
  • I think it's great that LIS foaled safely, but an Aug baby yuck, on Jan 1 this less than 5 month old foal will be considered a yearling. Hope they don't consider racing it until it's 3 or 4 year old season. At least they can start breeding her in late Feb to Tapit to get a late Jan foal to put this one on par to other foals born that year.
  • AmandaFAmandaF Member
    edited August 2012
    I think it's great that LIS foaled safely, but an Aug baby yuck, on Jan 1 this less than 5 month old foal will be considered a yearling. Hope they don't consider racing it until it's 3 or 4 year old season. At least they can start breeding her in late Feb to Tapit to get a late Jan foal to put this one on par to other foals born that year.
    Life is Sweet was sent to Tapit after she foaled her Bernardini filly in March. So that means she will have her Tapit foal in late April or May of 2013. It was just announced which stallion she went to this year not that she was just sent to Tapit. They don't breed Thoroughbreds this late in the season for the simple fact of what you stated. June would be about the very LAST month.

• Timing is everything....Mucho Macho Man was a June baby and he's just now catching up to himself i.e. maturing. He's just lovely.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ Life Is Sweet fans! If you have a little extra cash, LIS's first foal, a colt by Smart Strike, is offered as Hip # 0115 at the Keeneland September sale. Should only take a few hundred thousand to get him, so check your couch cushions!
  • AmandaFAmandaF Member
    edited September 2013
    Rachel posted this picture on another forum. Zenny and Life is Sweet have been reunited.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1235022_661731917191228_1095563010_n.jpg
  • awesome pic!!..ya wonder if horses have memories, i.e do they see each other now, a lil older, a lil heavier(arent we all) and think "hey, dont i know you"?