Life Is Sweet

Comments

• BetsyB said:

BetsyB said:

Lifeline (Tapit-Life Is Sweet) is entered in Sunday's seventh race at Santa Anita, an allowance optional claiming race at 1 1/8th mile over turf. It's only his fourth race and his first start since finishing 4th on dirt last April; he broke his maiden second time out on the grass. This again is Z Princess' former paddock mate who was going gray already in those early photos. Can't believe he's 4 already.

He won against a field of 8.
    Good job!!! Glad to hear this -- thanks for the report @BetsyB!
  • Lifeline is gorgeous and a typical looking Tapit. He ran a great race today, I am sure he will win more races.
    Looking at the picture with him and Z princess it just reminds me how beautiful she was also.
    Still hoping for another War Front foal.
  • He looks like he's matured and muscled up. Here's a link to the race replay:

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/usa/sa/2018/1/21/7/race-7-aoc-at-sa-on-1-21-18
  • Lifeline (Tapit-Life Is Sweet) worked the bullet this morning over 3 furlongs -- granted, compared with only 19 others at that distance but still, it's nice to see. I think he might perhaps be developing into a serious racehorse:

Lifeline (4-Year-Old Colt)
    Date: March 1, 2018
    Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
    Distance: Three Furlongs
    Time: 35:80 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • Lifeline is entered in the sixth race Sunday at Santa Anita, an allowance optional claiming race at 1 1/8th miles over turf. Purse is $58,000. Post time is 3 p.m. Pacific. He'll break from post 4, with eight entries in the field, and be ridden by Flavian Prat.
  • Well, not quite what I'd hoped for the boy ... Lifeline finished 8th and last, beaten by 5 3/4 lengths.
  • BetsyBBetsyB Member
    Lifeline, a 4-year-old colt by Tapit out of Life Is Sweet, is entered in a 1 1/8th mile allowance optional claiming race on turf Sunday, May 13, at Santa Anita. He's listed at 5-1 morning line in a field of nine.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Ugh Optional Claiming for Lifeline. Is he in for a tag?
  • RachelRachel Member
    Maybe to get his confidence back. He's such a nice colt.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited May 2018
    I doubt it--tag.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Hope someone gets him to turn his career around
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    edited May 2018
    He is NOT in for a tag and this is a high level optional claiming race, with a $62,000 claim price $58,000 purse.

Also he's having an equipment change with blinkers off, so it will be interesting to see how he goes.
  • BetsyBBetsyB Member
    Zenyen said:

He is NOT in for a tag and this is a high level optional claiming race, with a $62,000 claim price $58,000 purse.

Also he's having an equipment change with blinkers off, so it will be interesting to see how he goes.

The comment I saw on the race is it's a stepping stone to qualifying for stakes level, too. I'm just hoping he improves from the last race.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    Idk why Optional Claimers are now a bad thing.
  • BetsyBBetsyB Member
    I should have listed, Lifeline is in Race 7, post time 3:46 p.m. Pacific (6:46 p.m. Eastern). They took the earlier turf races to the dirt track but seem to be keeping this one on the grass for now.
  • BetsyBBetsyB Member
    Unfortunately, last again in a field of eight and never appeared to get in comfortable stride. Not sure what's awry, but Lifeline does not look like the same horse that won his 2018 debut in January.
  • Zest (Tapit x Life Is Sweet) is a 2 year old filly. She is bred and owned by the Wygod's. Here is her equibase page. http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10095995&registry=T
  • Zest is Life is Sweet's 4th named Tapit foal. She has two others foaled by Smart Strike and Bernardini. Don't know if she had foals in 2017 and 2018. Hope we can see a picture of Zest soon. She is listed as being chestnut. The other 3 Tapits are listed as grey/roan.
  • Life Is Sweet did not have a foal in 2017, but she did have a Union Rags colt on Feb 13 of this year.
  • Thanks, mrsrebaker. haha--they gave Tapit a break from her.
  • Sweet Promises (Bernardini x Life Is Sweet) and in foal to Union Rags was bought by Blackstone Farm LLC for $130,000 at the 2018 Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale.
  • Lifeline, Z Princess's former pasture-mate who basically disappeared after finishing 8th and last in an allowance race at Santa Anita in May, now is listed as a gelding. I'm a little surprised considering his breeding of Tapit and Life is Sweet, plus he had two wins, though neither was noteworthy. But not all need to be at stud, either. Hoping now he's following the path of Cozmic One and finding a life off track, if that's the plan.
  • Thanks for the update.
  • Zest (Tapit x Life Is Sweet) is running March 30th in a maiden special weight (race 4) for 3 year old fillies going 6 furlongs at Santa Anita. She will be ridden by Evin Roman. She is trained by Cliff Sise and owned by Pam and Martin Wygod and Lessee.
  • Zest (Tapit x Life Is Sweet) is running March 30th in a maiden special weight (race 4) for 3 year old fillies going 6 furlongs at Santa Anita. She will be ridden by Evin Roman. She is trained by Cliff Sise and owned by Pam and Martin Wygod and Lessee.

She finished 4th of 10.