Life Is Sweet

Comments

• VA_in_CA said:

Oh. Poor boy. Hope he has a good landing with that kind of record. Hope we can keep him in view.

@VA_in_CA Lifeline is now owned by Hronis Racing and trained by John Sadler.
  • BetsyBBetsyB Member

VA_in_CA said:

Oh. Poor boy. Hope he has a good landing with that kind of record. Hope we can keep him in view.

And this came through today ...

Horse Workout Notification

Lifeline (6-Year-Old Gelding)
    Date: January 9, 2020
    Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 1.01:40 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt training
  • Thanks for calling this to my attention QueenZFan22 and BetsyB. Sounds like he is in good hands now and is doing pretty well. We'll have to watch to see what races he gets into and how he does in them. Fingers crossed. :)
  • VA_in_CA said:

Thanks for calling this to my attention QueenZFan22 and BetsyB. Sounds like he is in good hands now and is doing pretty well. We'll have to watch to see what races he gets into and how he does in them. Fingers crossed. :)

@VA_in_CA His last race was a $32,000 claiming race (he wasn't claimed) on 10/4/2019.
  • edited January 10
    Here's the workout.

https://www.xbtv.com/video/workout/lifeline-worked-5-furlongs-in-101-40-at-santa-anita-park-on-january-9th-2020/

BetsyB said:

VA_in_CA said:

And this came through today ...

Horse Workout Notification

Lifeline (6-Year-Old Gelding)
    Date: January 9, 2020
    Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 1.01:40 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt training
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited January 10
    A whole lot of urging that he didnt appear to like in that stretch run.

I like that they ran him on the actual training track. Wish they would do this more often. It's less traffic for the main track. We always see videos of them training on the main track.
  • I'm bored so her is a list of Life Is Sweet's foals:

Disintermediate 2011 stallion by Smart Strike who was unraced.
    Sweet Promises 2012 mare by Bernardini who was sold to Blackstone Farm in 2018 in foal to Union Rags.
    Lady Pamela 2013 mare by Tapit her most recent foal is a 2019 colt by Union Rags.
    Lifeline 2014 gelding by Tapit. He is owned by Hronis Racing.
    Labeq 2015 gelding by Tapit. He is owned by Shadwell Stable and had his last start on 10/11/2019.
    Zest 2016 filly by Tapit. Is currently in training with John Shirreffs.
    No foal in 2017.
    Unnamed 2018 colt by Union Rags.
    Unnamed 2019 colt by Pioneerof the Nile.
  • I'm bored so her is a list of Life Is Sweet's foals:

Sweet Promises 2012 mare by Bernardini who was sold to Blackstone Farm in 2018 in foal to Union Rags.
    Lady Pamela 2013 mare by Tapit her most recent foal is a 2019 colt by Union Rags.
    Labeq 2015 gelding by Tapit. He is owned by Shadwell Stable and had his last start on 10/11/2019.
    No foal in 2017.

She also now has a 2020 colt by Quality Road.
  • BetsyBBetsyB Member

I'm bored so her is a list of Life Is Sweet's foals:

No foal in 2017.

She also now has a 2020 colt by Quality Road.
    Lifeline ran this past Friday, at Golden Gate Field in an $8,000 claiming race. He finished 5th of six and was not claimed. I suspect (maybe hope) he's going to be moved off-track soon. He's raced in claiming ranks six times since last July and his best result was a 3rd on Aug. 4.
  • BetsyBBetsyB Member
    Labeq, a 5-year-old gray gelding by Tapit out of Life is Sweet, is entered in race 8 on Saturday at Churchill Downs, a one-mile allowance on turf. Post time is 4:40 p.m. (Central?) . Early line has him listed at 6-1 odds. He's now trained by M.J. Maker and will be ridden by Joe Talamo.

• BetsyBBetsyB Member
    BetsyB said:

Labeq, a 5-year-old gray gelding by Tapit out of Life is Sweet, is entered in race 8 on Saturday at Churchill Downs, a one-mile allowance on turf. Post time is 4:40 p.m. (Central?) . Early line has him listed at 6-1 odds. He's now trained by M.J. Maker and will be ridden by Joe Talamo.

And ... he was scratched. :(
  • Here is a list of her dams foals:

Sweet Life (owned by Wygod Family, LLC as of 2016):
    Sweet Catomine 2002 mare by Storm Cat owned by Wygod Equine, LLC as of 2018
    Sweet Way 2003 mare by Giant's Causeway owned by Wygod Equine, LLC as of 2020
    Gold West 2004 gelding by Gone West owned by A and B Stable LLC as of 3/17/2009
    Life Is Sweet 2005 mare by Storm Cat owned by Wygod Equine, LLC as of 2020
    Calimonco 2006 stallion by Storm Cat owned by Ballena Vista Farm and Martin Wygod as of 12/8/2012
    Ain't She Sweet 2007 mare by Storm Cat owned by Pam & Martin Wygod as of 2020
    Sweet and Savory 2008 mare by Storm Cat owned by Japanese Breeder as of 2019
    Business Day 2010 stallion by Unbridled's Song no known owner
    Symbolic Gesture 2013 mare by Bernardini owned by Wygod Family, LLC as of 2017
    Savvy Investor 2014 gelding by Smart Strike no known owner
    No More Sweets 2016 gelding by Bernrdini no known owner
  • BetsyBBetsyB Member
    edited May 22
    Lifeline (6 year old gelding, Tapit-Life is Sweet) is entered in Race 4 Saturday, post time 2:22 p.m., at Golden Gate Fields. It's a $6,250 claiming race for 3-year-olds and up, over 1 1/16-mile on turf. Purse $13,000. He appears to be the morning-line favorite at 9-5 but still ... he's available for only $6,250. I'm hoping he lands with someone willing to take him off track. He hasn't won since January 2018, and past four races has finished 5th, 6th, 4th and 8th. But he was so handsome in his day and I remember when he was running as a colt with Z Princess.
  • BetsyBBetsyB Member
    Lifeline (6-year-old gray gelding, Tapit-Life is Sweet) finished first by a half-length Saturday in Race 4 over 1 1/16-mile on turf at Golden Gate Fields. It was a $6,250 claiming race for 3-year-olds and up. He was the even-money favorite. It does not look like he was claimed.
  • KMMKMM Member
    There is always another day in racing.
  • Her daughter Zest (by Tapit) just won race 4 at Santa Anita.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Awesome!
  • Her daughter Zest (by Tapit) just won race 4 at Santa Anita.

Here is the race replay.
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited July 10
    Labeq (Tapit x Life is Sweet) is HIP #59 in the Fasig - Tipton July Horses of Racing Age Sale. Here is his sale profile: http://www.fasigtipton.com/ec/K20H#/hip/59
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited July 13

Labeq (Tapit x Life is Sweet) is HIP #59 in the Fasig - Tipton July Horses of Racing Age Sale. Here is his sale profile: http://www.fasigtipton.com/ec/K20H#/hip/59

He was NOT sold.
  • EriNCEriNC Member

He was NOT sold.
    I don’t know I mean he’s a gelding, so there is no breeding option, and he mainly wins claiming races 24k sounds about right to me.
  • EriNC said:

He was NOT sold.
    I don’t know I mean he’s a gelding, so there is no breeding option, and he mainly wins claiming races 24k sounds about right to me.
    @EriNC He ended up not being sold.
  • EriNCEriNC Member

EriNC said:

He was NOT sold.
    @EriNC He ended up not being sold.
    I saw, which means that they had a reserve on him, which wasn’t met. He would have sold for 24k without the reserve. To me with him being a gelding and his race record 24k is even a bit high