HONOR CODE

He's my very early pick for the Kentucky Derby...Yes, I know it's very early, but..........A.P. Indy.......Oh yeah! Love him with a serious passion! May they all stay safe and sound. Here's the link to Honor Code's amazing stretch run for those who missed it, or want to see it again.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/videos/race-replays/USA/AQU/2013/11/30/9/remsen-s-gr-ii

Comments

• Don't forget he is also trained by Shug McGaughey
  • He looks a lot like his daddy and is a high stepper, he'd probably do well on grass too!!
  • From Honor Code's facebook: Trainer Shug McGaughey says i'll be undergoing surgery this week to remove an undescended testicle
  • He's a Ridgling, and it's not uncommon to have this procedure. Positive thoughts all goes as easy and smoothly as planned. Thanks for the info QueenZFan20.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    He'll be running as a gelding next year then. No HC babies :(
  • I'm not for sure how accurate the info is because its a fan made page.
  • @casey that was my thought :(
  • Well put, fan made pages, especially for up and coming or very famous horses often give out false info. Too many kids out their starting pages for every horse that wins any race, to stroke their egos...The language sometimes astonishes me. Not that I'm not glad the teenagers are interested in the sport. Just a double edged sword...
  • I agree Ashton I can't even keep up with all the fan made pages for horses who haven't even run yet.
  • no, a ridgling has 1 undescended testical, he will still be considered a colt not a gelding cuz hes only going to have one testicle instead of two, just like his sire AP Indy
  • you can either geld him completely or have the undescended one removed. what i read is that hes going to have the one undescended testicle removed only, not both
  • *there, not their..........typing while distracted. LOL!
    No kidding! QueenZFan20!!
  • Sorry Rachel, just realized what you are responding too.........Like I said, I'm typing in haste....
  • Honor Code in the winners circle, i can just hear the crickets...
  • The winner's circle is not very accessible to the people there, neither is the paddock since you're looking down into it. Usually when the biggest race of the day is over, people leave in swarms anyways - I've always waited until an hour after the last race, that way you avoid all the traffic. It's not the most fan friendliest track in New York.
  • i know how that is, when i saw Game On Dude run in the Charlestown Classic i was swarmed by people trying to get a good look at the race, i was almost pushed up against the rail LOL then after the race ive never seen so many people leave so quickly and all those losing tickets on the ground
    Literally crickets? Not on the eve of December in NY. Or are you speaking figuratively?

Literally crickets? Not on the eve of December in NY. Or are you speaking figuratively?

Lol yes, the grandstand is so empty xD
  • So happy he won yesterday, but we were out running around and forgot to watch the race - thank goodness for replays online - lol! The exciting part of my day of missing races is that my daughter and I were picking out the frame for my Zenyatta poster that she had bought for me way back when!! I can't wait! My hopes are for Honor Code to continue to thrive through the winter, this surgery and grow into the horse we hope he can be for the spring classics. I would love to see Shug get another Derby winner and if it happens to be A.P. Indy's son, what could be sweeter?!!!
  • Tom Hall ‏@lordatwar tweet on Sunday Dec.1 2013
    Big day for A.P. Indy in GSW department.
    He sired 153rd SW (Honor Code); sons Flatter & Full Mandate & grandson Tapit
    all w/ GSWs
  • Barbara Livingston ‏@DRFLivingston tweet with PHOTO
    HONOR CODE and CAIRO PRINCE battle to the wire in the Remsen yesterday at Aqueduct. #DerbyDreams

• David Grening ‏@DRFGrening on Sunday Dec 1 2013
    Honor Code ships today to Rood & Riddle to get undescended testicle removed;
    then heads to Payson. Poss 3yo debut Fountain of Youth on 2-22.

• edited December 2013
    Honor Code in the winners circle, i can just hear the crickets...
    How strange...where was the cheering crowd?