HONOR CODE

Comments

• KMMKMM Member
    Exciting! Been a long wait. :)
  • Thanks for the update, Crdolce! I love this boy! :)
  • can't wait!
  • Honor Code is running May 1st in the Alysheba Stakes. He will be ridden by Javier Castllano. He is trained by Shug McGaughey and owned by Lane's End Racing.
  • Honor Code is running May 1st in the Alysheba Stakes. He will be ridden by Javier Castllano. He is trained by Shug McGaughey and owned by Lane's End Racing.
    Finally! God speed and stay safe Honor Code

• Snippet from DRF+ since I don't subscribe, but HC and Tonalist are pointing for the Met Mile next month. I'm a little disappointed...still wanna see HC given a chance to stretch out a little, maybe a mile and a quarter. But hopefully Shug knows best and HC can rebound at Belmont, where he has raced well before :-)

http://www.drf.com/news/preview/tonalist-honor-code-pointing-met-mile
  • Meanwhile, HC's half-sister Lady Serena (Serena's Cat x Bernardini) broke her maiden in her third try. Race 1 on 5/3, maiden special weight at Belmont. Wired the field and won by 7 1/2 with Javier Castellano aboard :-)
  • KMMKMM Member
    Love that damline.
  • I'm a big fan of the AP Indy line over Storm Cat mares, but to have Serena's Song in the pedigree is a huge bonus
  • http://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Honor_Code_Signals_Readiness_for_Met_Mile_123

Hopefully Honor Code continues to love Big Sandy and scores his first G1!! It's gonna be a talent-packed race
  • Thanks for posting the article! This is exciting! :) June 6 is going to be one exciting race day. I can't wait!
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    BTW There is a beautiful bronze sculpture of Serena's Song at the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga, by the same artist that did the Zenyatta bronze (Nina Kaiser)
  • Honor Code is running June 6th in the Metropolitan Handicap. He will be ridden by Javier Castellano. He is trained by Shug McGaughey and owned by Lane's End Racing.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Congratulations Lane's End & Shug McGaughey & all the Racing Team.
    Jerry Bossert tweet Sat June 6 2015
    Honor Code rolls home to take the Met Mile
    at 7-1 in 1:33.18.
    Set track record for Met Mile!!
    Is this an omen for the next race-Belmont Stakes?
    Honor Code was sired by A.P. Indy son of the Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew and out of mare Weekend Surprise, who was sired by another Triple Crown winner: Secretariat.
  • Thought it wasn't a record for the Met Mile?

But NICE win!!
  • Thought it wasn't a record for the Met Mile?
    But NICE win!!
    Yes...Honour and Glory had the fastest Met Mile race of 1:32.80 in 1996
  • Honor Code's race was amazing! I LOVE his run from behind style. He flew by those horses in the stretch. Honor Code is one of my favorite horses of all times.

Here's the replay for anyone who missed it. :)
  • His front leg action is incredible to watch, he just pounds the dirt and leaves everyone in the dust. Such a phenomenal turn of foot, and he flattens out with that low head carriage just like his sire. So thrilled to see him get his first G1 in style!! Hopefully he stays healthy and on target for the Whitney so I can drool over him in person :-)
  • I agree, he moves beautifully! He runs with such power. They zoom in on HC's killer kick starting at 2:12 in the replay above. Honor Code is breathtaking to watch.
  • Honor Code wins - Love ya, AP Indy, you're still the man!!!!
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Watch out for this boy from now on....he is back and should just keep on going...
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    why is he under the "tb breeding" section?
  • He was my early pick for last year. Still love this boy!