HONOR CODE

Comments

• QueenZFan20QueenZFan20 Member
    edited March 2014
    @rachel isn't he a ridgling and that caused his infertility?
  • yup he is, Honor Code is as well. he had one testicle removed too.
  • yup he is, Honor Code is as well. he had one testicle removed too.
    I believe some Bernardini sons are as well so it must be a genetic thing?
  • thats what im thinking
  • 24 horse years = 70.5 human years. Hmm. Did he "do" steriods as a young racehorse?
  • I don't know about horses but, being born with undescended testicals in humans, is not because of steroids, it's hereditary. My grandson was born with an undescended testical. This is usually accompanied by a hernia in humans. At 4 mon. old my grandson was operated on to repair the hernia and pull down the testical but they warned us that it would only be for looks and would never actually work. : (
  • its hereditary, has nothing to do with steriods. 2 year olds can have undescended testicles, infact in the sales there have been quite a few with it
  • BTW His father was born the same way, testical and hernia. This makes me think it must be the same for horses.
  • owners can either completely remove the testicles, leave it (its not harmful if the horse doesnt show any discomfort) or they can have just the undescended testicle removed (like with AP Indy and his son Honor Code. having one testicle could have caused Indy to experience infertility sooner
  • I agree Rachel, the one testical will only produce so much before it will be done. The doctors told us my grandson might have fertility problems when he gets to adulthood because of only having one functioning testical.
  • In a recent head shot of Honor Code, it seemed to me he looked remarkably like Indy in head, eye and neck. Too bad he wont be in the derby. Many had such high hopes for him.
  • Honor Code was definitely my favorite for the derby. Is his injury something that will heal or will he have to be retired?
  • They're going to re-evaluate it in 60 days to see.
  • Horselover 24, Honor Code should heal and he should be able to return in the Fall. Thank goodness Shug caught it. Thank goodness Shug is his trainer and one who is very hands on with his colts. It is something that could have gotten worse. He may be retired to stud regardless. There is already chat on other sites that is the 2nd coming of AP Indy and people can't wait to see his babies.
  • Horselover 24, Honor Code should heal and he should be able to return in the Fall. Thank goodness Shug caught it. Thank goodness Shug is his trainer and one who is very hands on with his colts. It is something that could have gotten worse. He may be retired to stud regardless. There is already chat on other sites that is the 2nd coming of AP Indy and people can't wait to see his babies.
    Thanks! I'm super grateful Shug was so observant in catching this too.

• Aww shes cute
  • She is adorable! I love her blaze :)
  • Has anyone heard any updates on how he's been recovering from his injury?
  • RachelRachel Member
    there hasnt been any as far as i seen. i know hes at Winstar Farm recuperating
  • Any news on Honor Code?
  • I believe he recently arrived at Fair Hill training center in Maryland to resume training
  • Thanks! I'm glad to hear he's resuming training! :)
  • Honor Code was one of the leaders of the 3-year-old division early this year before being sidelined due to a slight tear in the upper suspensory ligament in his right leg. He galloped seven furlongs at the Fair Hill Training Center on Saturday as he continues to prepare for his return later this season.
    “He’s been at Fair Hill. He’s been jogging. He galloped seven-eighths of a mile this morning, and he’s doing really well,” said trainer Shug McGaughey. “He won’t make it here this summer, but if all goes well, hopefully he’ll be ready to run again sometime during the fall.”
    Top Billing, another of McGaughey’s leading Kentucky Derby prospects who was injured last winter in Florida, is also on the comeback trail. Top Billing suffered a crack in his right front cannon bone during a routine workout at Gulfstream in early March. Top Billing third in the Grade 2 Fountain of Youth and was targeting the Grade 1 Florida at the time of his injury.
    “He’s turned out and I think he’s about ready to come back to training now,” said McGaughey. “We’ll also send him to Fair Hill and perhaps he can be ready in late fall.”
  • Thanks for the update @QueenZFan22!