HONOR CODE

Comments

• Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited January 2015
    I got the photos from Facebook. They were up for a long time before disappearing
    Perhaps they (facebook sources) only do an occasional clean out of unauthorized direct image links which allowed the images to stay on our forum until facebook noticed it and deleted your link. As Kylea mentioned, the host site ends up paying for your usage in the meantime...so In order not to get a broken link from the original source, it is "proper protocol" by our forum rules, to use your own image hosting site (Tinypics, imageshack, photobucket, flickr, etc.) when posting any images...along with photo/source credits. Please refer to Posting Images-Rules and Guidelines-Hotlinking. :oD
  • Honor Code (4-Year-Old Ridgling)

Date: January 6, 2015
    Track: PAYSON PARK TRAINING CENTER
    Distance: Three Furlongs
    Time: 39:00 Breezing
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • Thanks Crodolce!
  • Honor Code (4-Year-Old Ridgling)

Date: January 17, 2015
    Track: PAYSON PARK TRAINING CENTER
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 51:00 Breezing
  • Thanks for posting, QueenZFan! I can't wait for his race!
  • Honor Code is running March 7th in the Gulfstream Park Handicap. He will be ridden by Javier Castellano. He is trained by Shug McGaughey and owned by Lanes End Racing.
  • Thanks for posting QueenZFan. I had forgotten his race was coming up! I'm excited!
  • Woohoo! Honor Code won his race by a neck! If I remember correctly, Private Zone was second, Valid third, and Wicked Strong fourth. :)
  • I think you are correct in the order of finish. HC has an amazing turn of foot! Wow, he reminds me of his sire. I think he is one of the most beautiful horses I have ever see.
  • Horselover24Horselover24 Member
    edited March 2015
    I think you are correct in the order of finish. HC has an amazing turn of foot! Wow, he reminds me of his sire. I think he is one of the most beautiful horses I have ever see.
    I absolutely agree! I love his run from behind style! And he is gorgeous! Tall, dark, and handsome...what's not to like? :)

• KMMKMM Member
    Son of Serena's Cat; close relation to wonderful made, Serena's Song. Wonderful dam line.
  • I agree, KMM. He is regally bred.
  • 2015 Gulfstream Park Handicap (G2): Gulfstream Park – 3/7 – Race 10:
  • From Paulick Report: McGaughey "Excited" Over Honor Code After Gulfstream Victory
    http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoroughbred-racing/mcgaughey-excited-over-honor-code-after-gulfstream-victory/
  • From Bloodhorse: Honor Code Surges to Take GP Handicap
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/90518/honor-code-surges-to-take-gp-handicap

Note: Pretty similar article to the PR one posted above, but includes some quotes from HC's jockey.
  • Good to see him back. He was my Derby favorite last year til injury bumped him off the trail and I went with Chrome.
  • Good to see him back. He was my Derby favorite last year til injury bumped him off the trail and I went with Chrome.
    Same here! I'm so glad they decided to race him as a four year old.

• KMMKMM Member
    I already said this but love the dam line related to Serena's Song. :)
  • Wasn't he APs last hope for a Derby winner? I'm kinda sentimental when it comes to this sire line
  • Yeah he was. There were a couple other AP colts on the Derby trail if I remember right, but HC was the best of his crop.
  • That's what I thought. Was really, really pulling for this guy. Hope he follows in APs footsteps as a sire
  • Horselover24Horselover24 Member
    edited March 2015
    THAT would be awesome! I'd like to see him race next year even though it's so unlikely, especially with his stellar pedigree. His connections are spacing his races so far apart that I feel like we'll barely get to see what he can do if they retire him at the end of the year.
  • @Pick4win: Honor Code is being pointed to the Grade 2 Alysheba Stakes at Churchill Downs, part of the May 1 Kentucky Oaks undercard.
  • crdolce_777crdolce_777 Member
    edited April 2015
    Honor Code (4-Year-Old Ridgling)

Date: April 18, 2015
    Track: BELMONT PARK
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 1.01:65 Breezing

So excited to see this guy back training in NY! Can't wait to see his next race...hopefully Shug is still targeting the Alysheba @ Churchill on May 1st.
    AP Indy sons seem to like the Alysheba...Shug won in 2004 with Congrats, and Take Charge Indy won it in 2013. First Dude is an Indy grandson, he won in 2011.

Fingers crossed that Honor Code stays healthy and runs in the Whitney at Saratoga this August so I can finally see him in person!

Commissioner is back at Belmont as well, so both of Indy's last great colts are training there now

Date: April 17, 2015
    Track: BELMONT PARK
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 49:05 Breezing
    Surface: Dirt training