Serendipitous Equine Discoveries, Bargains, Treasures…Look what I found!

13»

Comments

• If these pictures came from an antiques store, the horses may come from a time before Secretariat, who wasn't that long ago to someone my age. The pictures look more old-fashioned, too. Are they painted on wood? It kind of looks that way.
    I think it's sweet that fathers of horse-crazy daughters give them pictures of horses. My father did, too.
  • Rachel, those paintings are great. I don't see any artist signature. Is there no signature on the back of the paintings? I agree with VA...something so very sweet when a "daddy" buys a horsey gift for his horse crazy daughter. Why did your Aunt take your Breyer horses? LOL.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    also...where did your dad get them....which area of the country...might help to identify the "models" ...more likely but not absolute
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited December 2013
    My dad got them somewhere off of Route 7 in the area where i live. It is painted on wood, on the back are numbers and a tag that says "this is a genuine MaLeck. Decorator Piece of Transitional Design to Harmonize with Period or Modern Decor." All of the paintings have the same tag
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited January 2014
    I received these pics in the mail today that my cousin took at the Kentucky Horse Park. She volunteers there.

The two on the right are of Cigar, top left is the Budweiser Clydesdales, bottom left is Funny Cide amd his jockey (Jose Santos), and very bottom is Go For Gin. Its interesting cuz she said that Funny Cide is a very grumpy horse, he likes to bite and he throws a fit sometimes in the show ring during tours. She didnt like taking pics of him cuz hes not very pretty conformation wise.

• I received these pics in the mail today that my cousin took at the Kentucky Horse Park. She volunteers there.

The two on the right are of Cigar, top left is the Budweiser Clydesdales, bottom left is Funny Cide amd his jockey (Jose Santos), and very bottom is Go For Gin. Its interesting cuz she said that Funny Cide is a very grumpy horse, he likes to bite and he throws a fit sometimes in the show ring during tours. She didnt like taking pics of him cuz hes not very pretty conformation wise.

I would love to visit the Kentucky Horse Park. I have yet to catch Cigar on his Paddock cam, so enjoyed those pics.
  • I still have yet to get Coz lol, i have a very old Breyer model of Man O War that was passed down to me from my mom. He stands very proud with the look of eagles and he has a halter that was built into the mold.
    I think I have the same one!!! I have had it since I was a kid before I even knew what horse racing was.
  • edited September 2017
    I found this Art Deco Horse recently in New Mexico and I had to have him.

Found this carved treasure in Washington State and I'm calling him my Fusaichi Pegasus.